main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul being content is possible but perhaps in a different way. He certainly knew a final showdown was imminent from the Sith controlled Republic and Jedi. Death Watch never numbered much more than maybe 5,000 strong and a large number of them were either killed or captured since "The Lawless" or sided with losing side of Mandalorian rebellion and scattered about and devoled into clan wars or went their separate ways. Gar Saxon and his brother switch sides from Maul and join the Republic/Empire and rise to become the Emperor's favored ruling elite- while Republic allies like the Mandalorian Protectors just become Imperial mercs/auxiliaries and a police unit with limited autonomy.

Maul said he was hoping for Kenobi and got angry that Ahsoka was there instead - which is inline with the flashback scenes in the Ashoka novel as the furious Maul held Ahsoka in contempt and attacked her mercilessly. In the novel she stood no chance against him and Ahsoka knew it, so she had that plan with Rex and the clones to lure him out for a ray shield trap. At some point apparently was held in the shield trap or cell, and apparently at blaster point awaiting execution orders from Ahsoka who seemed unsure - but the Order 66 comes over the line, and she instead of opted to save herself and Rex(who ditched his chip at some point prior) from her own men. Maul escaped she mentioned in passing as he always does and she was fearful of what terror will follow. So I think a lot of potential action and story is there not just this big duel between Maul and Ahsoka but the situation.

Where Maul and Ahsoka stand psychologically and spiritually and all of that kinda thing seems interesting. With Ray and Witwer as Maul, things could be really really good if done right, action and acting wise . Plus we got Order 66 stuff and Maul's eventual rise with the Crimson Dawn(whose symbol is a rising sun) post ROTS.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm just psyched to that this pretty much confirms we'll get to see Ahsoka's reaction to Order 66 and the ensuing events as she goes into exile.

3. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I feel SOD does need a decent recap, because some fans never read the comics and have no idea what events took place after Savage & Maul engaged Sidious. A friend of mine saw the CW and Solo, and thought Maul was working for the Empire during the events of Solo! She never read the comics either, and was left wondering what happened during that significant gap. SOD and Dark Disciple were both good stories, but it was a disservice to some CW fans that don't pick up expanded reading material.

4. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Dark Disciple was a good story. I wish they would animate that as well. They should just animate all the CW stuff they had ready and put it out. It’s not like Lucasfilm/Disney can’t afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Also Mother Talzin dies in Son of Dathomir. However, to be fair, her fade-out exit in the Jar-Jar / Mace two parter sort of looked like she died anyway so that has been taken care of in the series.

6. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    SOD was a pain to find. It's almost like whoever was in charge went out of their way to make it as unfavorable to find as possible.

7. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    SOD is basically like an animated movie, they probably only had room for Siege of Mandalore budget and production wise which looks pretty pricey. Comics arent what they used to be at all. But SOD is easy to find today since the Marvel reprint back in 2017. You're referring to mainly to the fact that it was the last Dark Horse Comics to remain canon following the Disney purchase and new canon re-set. The comic had gone out of print before 2017 which resulted in original copies of the comic skyrocketing and becoming a collectors item as does most Maul related items do. Comics aren't really a good substitute for animation imo but it seems like a very expensive arc and Season 6 to boot, so a lot has occurred after Season 6 for all the characters. I don't get the impression Dave would go that far back into the TCW these days and probably wants to move on finally after this revival finale or whatever it is.

Moreover and it looks like Dave and the new animation team kinda altered some old plotlines, scripts and stories for the updated show .

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I thought they could do “Last Jedi” style flashbacks to SoD during the Mandalore arc. Maul discussing where he’s been and what’s happened, some animated vignettes of the highlights of that arc. They have four whole episodes for this arc may as well spend some time on that. The Tom Kane narration could touch on part of it too.

9. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Yeah, they should explain how Maul escaped from Sidious for people who didn't read the comics.

BigAl6ft6 and Darkslayer like this.
  10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Could simply have Maul say brief some dialogue pertaining to escaping the Sith/Sidious/Palpatine and always surviving ect and the audience who did not read SOD would get the message. I feel bad for people who do not know that SOD exists,lol.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 and Erkan12 like this.
  11. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I hope that's what they do, because dialogue alone in a passing conversation between characters wont do the arc justice. Plus, CW is all about visuals - they are just as important as the story itself in my opinion.

BigAl6ft6, Watto and Darkslayer like this.
  12. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Yeah Maul should inform or someone should inform the audience, a short prologue such as this won't do it;

13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I really want to add that sideshow statue of Savage one day. I been working on a collection lately - a little shrine dedicated to my favorite characters, Maul, Vader and Conan:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Sudooku and The Shadow Emperor like this.