main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #19-25: Fortress Vader (7/7 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    This is something that was not said by the issue and will likely never be said outright anywhere. The whole point is for us to discuss it, to introduce other interpretations into the idea of The Chosen One.

2. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    Furthermore, visions aren't literal, nor do they have to present truths; it might simply be a manifestations of Vader's own suspicions over Sidious' involvement in his conception

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  3. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    The subtle thing in the art... it looks kind of like a Mando helmet. At least a general shape / shadow. (Or the light in the shadow.) Does anyone see what I am talking about? Maybe it means he will do some tie in material with The Mandalorian?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Matt's just referring to the buildings themselves, and already shot down someone's suggestion that the structure below looks like Kylo's mask. It's just an expected talking point (more structures under the castle!) he hadn't seen anyone discussing, not some super-secret clue to future content (though it could incidentally be that too).

5. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    We already know this;
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads/lucas-original-concept-palpatine-as-anakins-father.19156374/

Also it's mentioned before in Plagueis Novel (although it's Legends now), and adding this recent development seal the deal for me.

Why would Vader suspect about Sidious's involvement? And even if he did, why would he see that vision if he isn't believing it or if it's not true? Obviously, Sidious didn't know about that secret dark side dimension, which actually could save people from dying if Padme wanted to live, Momin literally came back from the dead by using that dark side passage, it's the real deal.

6. Jedi Princess

Mar 25, 2014
    That's fair, but the "for me" part of that sentence is REALLY important because this is a point that deliberately does not have a firm answer. Plagueis doesn't provide answers: Was it Plagueis? Or was it the Force itself, giving Plagueis the finger? This issue doesn't provide answers: Shmi is already pregnant when spectral Sidious approaches her, and spectral Sidious has his Revenge of the Sith scars. (Also, it's Sidious, where Revenge of the Sith suggests it was Plagueis.)

Cuz Sidious told him about the Sith's possible involvement in Revenge of the Sith. Anakin might not be paying the closest attention there, but "He could manipulate the midi-chlorians to create... life" is still very much in his head somewhere.

tatooinesandworm and FS26 like this.
  7. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Darth Plagueis suggests the Force created Anakin in response to Plagueis and Palpatine, so the novel states the opposite of "Anakin was created by the Sith". And early drafts of scripts aren't canon; there's a reason why Lucas took that moment out of the finished story.

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So if the Force "potentially" created Anakin as a response to Plagueis and Palpatine then could the Force have created Rey as a response to Kylo Ren's actions at Luke's Jedi Temple?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Jedi Princess

Mar 25, 2014
    That's what Snoke believes, per The Last Jedi.

That's not to say we're looking at another "There was no father" situation, necessarily, but that he believes her ability is a result of that.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    No, because she was already, what, thirteen when that happened?

11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    So something "happened" to "Awaken" the Force, something that Snoke and Kylo felt. What caused it?
    (sorry to get off topic, but good comic creates good discussion)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Anyone know what the thoom buildings represent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Jedi Princess

Mar 25, 2014
    Judging from the conversation on Twitter, it's likely a location we will visit in the future, rather than something we should understand now.

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    The one building with what looks like a giant T on top, to my eye, looks like a giant version of a Mustafarian mask. I don't know why Matt would bring it up other than to be an *** hole. Hey did you guys notice this subtle thing? No. Well notice it now and know that I'm not telling you anything about it.

Merric, cwustudent and kalzeth like this.
  15. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Because he didn't see anyone discussing something interesting in an issue that's generated tons of discussion on every point but that. There's nothing ***holish about it as far as I can see; he seemed to be enjoying the back-and-forth in the replies. It also keeps people interested for whatever might be planned with Mustafar in future content (that he presumably already knows about and is working on).

KamNale, FS26 and Supreme Leader Woke like this.
  16. Jedi Princess

Mar 25, 2014
    He's trying to include us in on the fun of multi-media foreshadowing within the limits of what his contract says he can share. He's good people! No need to jump to bad names.

17. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    Rey started to tap into the Force. She is the awakening that Kylo and Snoke felt. It's similar to the Emperor and Vader feeling Luke as a disturbance in the Force when he becomes stronger in the Force in Empire. Anakin, Luke, Rey - they are all vessels of the Force, meant to combat the destructive power of the Dark Side.

BigAl6ft6 and Son of a Bith like this.
  18. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    the cosmic force woke up when Rey opened up to the force it was asleep for 30 years according to TLJ Novelization

19. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    IIRC the novel mentions that it is because of the Midichlorian manipulation power that Plagueis and Sidious used... So in a way, they are the responsible.

Fair enough, we can't be %100 sure for now.

20. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Specifically though it was because they caused a deliberate shift in the balance of the Force over to the dark side during months of meditation precisely to try and dominate the Force itself; it wasn't to do with Plagueis's midi-chlorian experiments. Palpatine later back-dates Anakin's conception to that moment, and realizes the Force must have created him in response to that shift. So yes, they're indirectly responsible, but it's not because of a life-creating experiment.

wobbits and FS26 like this.
  21. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I loved this issue. It was amazing. As far as endings go, this one was amazing.

22. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Interesting that Soule confirmed in the article on the main SW website, that that isn't real Padme, but instead a dark side vision, trying to convince Vader to let the past die.

Makes me wonder if Vader truly entered the portal or if he only thinks he did, and the dark side tricked him.

Momin did successfully resurrect his body, if not his spirit, so we know some kind of resurrection or time travel is (was) possible through that portal, whether it was the WBW or something else.

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Why authors feel the need to confirm the vague is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Well, he's only saying "in my mind" it's not Padmé, and even voices his doubt on that, so I think he's keeping it vague while offering up his intention. And I thought it was pretty clear from the issue that it's not actually Padmé's spirit lingering in some hellscape just to give one last "kark you" to Vader.

25. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I was hoping the padme would morph into some sorta wraith like version of the son of mortis to confirm theres atleast something left of him . I still think he should be around in some form as it was anakin's lightsaber and not the mortis dagger that "killed" him I get that him and the father were tied and the father stabbed himself with the dagger I just would prefer if we actually see the son getting stabbed by the dagger himself plus we know the ones can survive it in some form ala the daughter surviving in ahsoka and morai