main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #19-25: Fortress Vader (7/7 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Palpatine knew about the mask, he had been chatting with Moomin Lord, he knew what the mask could do, that is why he gave it to Vader, but it didn't make sense to send his imperial architect that had renovated the jedi temple to do the same job (unless he was actually unhappy with her work and planned that she would be killed by Moomin Lord's mask). I want to know why the other officer wanted to try the mask on.

Dark Horse would have shown the shooting in detail [face_skull]

kalzeth likes this.
  2. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Have you read the 2015 Lando miniseries, which introduced the mask of Lord Momin? Remember in issue #4 how Aleksin gazed upon it and was corrupted by it, then turned on and attacked Pavol, his lover? As Korin Pers said, "Proximity to these items [Sith pieces by Lord Momin] may have changed these Royal Guards [who, when unmasked, were also shown to have been "corrupted" in issue #3] in some fashion, and possibly Aleksin as well."

Roggo appears to spend more time aboard the Royal Starship in the vicinity of the mask than Brenne and possibly gazed upon it more, and he seems to finally go over the edge while Brenne was out speaking with Vader in the Sith cave, attacking her (as Aleksin did Pavol) when she returns to the ship.

Slater, MrDarth0, BigAl6ft6 and 2 others like this.
  3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I guess Vader was accompanied by the architects so that one of them could get possessed by the mask in order to design the palace.

4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Star Wars and physics have always had a wonky relationship, so I'm not too bothered by the idea that the upper atmosphere of Mustafar might have properties that could magnify the planets natural heat.
    The question this does present us though: Does this imply Jedi Starfighters have shields on canon? Since Vader took his to Mustafar in ROTS...

The whole 'Mask possesses people' sequence was pretty trippy to me too.
    But not quite as crazy as some of the abilities that were created in legends.

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Did vader float like in the cover?

6. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    No

7. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    No, absolutely agreed! I didn´t get the idea that it was the Sith lord himself, just his influence imprinted on the helmet. Seems that it works not so different from a Holocron in that way, but remembering the Lando comic, I think it will eventually display rare/unknown properties. Perhaps that (great) vision of child Anakin vaderized is something in those lines...

I do think that helmet has some eerie surprises in store in issues to come!

Jarrus and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  8. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Simple issue but still enjoyable. Loved what Vader did to the Nubian. Messed up but absolutely perfect. These Vader comic writers know what they’re doing with his character and psyche.

9. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    No I haven't read the Lando comic. Thanks for that info. This story makes more sense to me now.:)

Senpezeco likes this.
  10. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    A ship without shields could easily get down to the surface undamaged just by using the repulsorlift engines for a slow speed decent. This comic seems to have forgotten this.
    Vader obviously chose not to use the repulsorlift engines as well as the shields and entered the planets atmosphere at very high speed, the air compression and friction on the ship created incredible heat, nothing to do with the heat of the planet's atmosphere or surface.

Edit:eek:ops sorry double post.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    theraphos likes this.
  11. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    Yeah, ships or other objects entering atmosphere - ANY atmosphere, including Earth's in real life - incorrectly and without proper protection will burst into flames and burn up, that's not weird sci-fi magic unique to Mustafar, that's just normal science.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    spicer, Daneira and Jedi Princess like this.
  12. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Ah ok. I think it's in the Darth Vader comics not the Aphra comics though.

13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    So does this mean Vader will use the mask to try to resurrect Padme? If that is the case, it really shows how much of Anakin is still within Vader, no matter how much he denies it. Otherwise, Soule delivered another excellent issue both art wise-and writing-wise. Palpatine and Vader's interaction, the Mustafarians bit and I really liked the architect (we hardly knew you). It also seems like they found another way for dark side adepts to still "live on" long after their deaths since it's been established they can't become Force spirits. Really impatient to know more about this new Sith lord.

kalzeth and cwustudent like this.
  14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    There's our missing Vader film: Bride of Vader! Please pitch this idea to Lucasfilm immediately. Padme could rock that look.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6, Jedi Princess and Daneira like this.
  15. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I dig how they emphasise Vader as a skilled pilot.

Vialco likes this.
  16. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Remember everyone the nu canon is placing a lot of focus on Sith/darkside objects or places giving off a presence or influencing /possessing people. We had the mask in the aftermath trilogy possessing one of the members of the acolytes of the beyond, Leia feeling Darth maul's presence in the hallway from episode 1, Darth Atrius's sabers influencing Vader and Luke , chewie finding. the Enchantress' book and so on

BigAl6ft6 and themoth like this.
  17. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The Vader comics have always been my favorites, getting to see closer whats inside Vader as a character. He's my favorites character after Palpatine, Maul, Anakin, Kenobi, Yoda and Luke. I love to learn more of his time on Mustafar and his castle.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I loved the Architect character cuz she actually seemed rather chipper about the whole thing that she could crack the code of what Vader wanted and then just gets randomly killed off by a Sith possessing an evil mask, hahaha

It's also interesting that Sidious is straight up aware that Vader is intending use the dark side to possibly bring back Padme and Sidious is actually okay with that. Probably because he knows it won't work or Vader is going to get some wonky deformed Sith magic monster being outta it. This is actually the most Anakin we've seen in the book in awhile. Vader seems quieter than usual so I think his need to possess and have Padme again is making him a bit ... pensive. Of note, Vader didn't really kill anyone this issue out of anger or darkness, just the jerk who was possessed by the Sith mask. He's got big plans, that Vader does!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Daneira and kalzeth like this.
  19. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I don't think Vader is seeking to do some Frankenstein sith alchemy to bring Padme back, I think he just naively believes that because that dark side cave makes him stronger in the dark side he automatically assumes it will allow him to learn Darth Plageius' power over life and death.

Hence Palpatine comment about Vader not letting things go. He still wants to learn the power Sidious promised him in ROTS to save Padme even though that cat is out of the bag.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I think when he bled his kyber he touched the cosmic force (through the dark side and his status as the chosen one ) and the cosmic force either showed him where padme was in side of it (but because he was touching it through the darkside he couldn't see that she was at peace) or Padme is somewhere trapped in chaos and the force showed him that and Vader thinks Mustafar is one of the places where he can access chaos to save her / bring her back to life . Sheev knows he probably won't get to chaos from mustafar (depending on if House palpatine is still one of the four pillars keeping chaos locked like in legends

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I'm afraid this series will end at the 25th issue the way the first Vader run did. I don't want this one to end, it's been so good.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

kalzeth likes this.
  22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Impressive how Marvel has constructed Vader twice. Most impressive. :vader:
    If this series gets another 25, what do you want them to accomplish?

23. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    i'ts not set in stone. i think this one will get 31 to 50. the first varder series ran along side the star wars main comics so. and we have poe and aphra's comics over 25 so. I think it we will have Darth vader comics for a long time. I hope we get see more of how he gets be vader of OT era. This is just the beginning with his caste of DOOM.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    The gates of hell has been opened and he will try and save Padme from death.[face_devil]

Barriss_Coffee and BigAl6ft6 like this.