main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Darth Vader in Kenobi Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RX_Sith, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Height comparisons of actors who've worn the suit.
    Wilding...............6' 7"
    Prowse...............6' 6"
    Naprous.............6' 5"
    Shaw..................6' 2"
    Christensen.......6' 1/4"

OWK is far more closer.
    Guinness...........5' 9 1/2"
    McGregor..........5' 9 3/4"

Shaak Ti, DarthKegs and Kato Sai like this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Once again Hayden doesn’t have the high ground. :p

3. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008

My heart!

I really hope they return lightsaber battles to their glory, I don't care which style they use...I just want to see actual lightsaber battles.

@Deliveranze indeed..Den become my designated DILF.
    Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    wobbits, Kato Sai and Deliveranze like this.
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Agreed. We need more backflips.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So Vader lightsaber twirl? I'm sure with Christesen playing him it's going to happen. Maybe he phased out that aspect of "the Jedi's" fighting style over the next 10 years. but he still but the learner after all.

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Most likely Hayden did it between takes, kinda like a move someone does by habit.

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    That is also entirely possible but I wouldn't object if Vader does it in the show. It might be odd to see Vader do such a flashy move but I think it could work by showing that Anakin is in there, something that he's trying to wean himself off of over the course of 20 years, and might throw Obi-Wan off. But I can see some people being jarred by it.

Honestly, I'm 50/50 if it'll actually happen.

8. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    A good look at his style of that period here - compilation of Vader on Rebels with his combat scenes including fighting Ahsoka

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    It would make that “when I left you, I was a learner, now I am the Master!” Line make sense, that he does the saber hand spin but by ANH, no more. Kinda like Mustafar weened him off backflips. ;)

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I don't know if everyone needs reminding that Anakin/Vader's story is still a tragedy and I'm including DC and the writers in that. The story of Anakin is a sad one because he has only himself to blame for his downfall and his suffering. This isn't Vader in RO, this is the warts and all Anakin Skywalker that still has to deal with the consequences of his actions at the end of the Clone Wars.

In that, I can't wait to see how they handle this tragic figure, once destined for greatness, now a wreck of a man clinging on to his hate and anger.

Shaak Ti and Deliveranze like this.
  11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I found how Vader meditated through hate interesting in The Lords of the Sith novel. I hope we see something like that.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Ithorians likes this.
  12. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I've not read that, I remember in another novel he has to maintain his anger and hatred but when he let go his anger he could feel his lungs healing or vice-versa. Given that at some point we'll see him in his bacta tank meditating, it's possible they'll explore that.

Ithorians likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    ^ Shadows of the Empire

S. Raw Rats and Ithorians like this.
  14. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Oh, yes, that was interesting. Its been a while since I read it, but from what I recall, he focused on his hate and frustrations to heal his injuries. The problem was that it actually worked, so the moment he felt relief and joy over such results, it weakened his connection to the dark side, and the effects were reversed back.

I think Lords of the Sith had Vader feeling his connection to the dark side increased and his powers greatly enhanced because of it. It would indeed be very interesting to see with both sides of that coin in Kenobi...

Shaak Ti, S. Raw Rats and Django Fett like this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Chances of no more James Earl Jones and new actor voices him. Maybe the one who did it in Fallen Order.

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Be sad if true. However, the guy is very old. Maybe he just wants to retire from it all. Hope it is nothing more than that.

17. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Why would James Earl Jones be part of the marketing? Hayden is being marketed as Vader here. Why would Jones be part of the marketing? He voiced Vader in Rogue One, So him being involved wouldn't be a big deal.

Im betting James Earl Jones is voicing Vader. why wouldn't you go for James Earl Jones? The guy is still working. He is still the original voice of Vader.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Shaak Ti likes this.
  18. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    JEJ's voice just might not be up to it now, sad but things come to an end for everyone.

19. S. Raw Rats

S. Raw Rats Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2021
    Replaying Halo games recently and can't help but think Keith David would make a good Vader voice replacement. Were it so easy.

Glitterstimm and cwustudent like this.
  20. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    James Earl Jones has never got involved in the marketing side of things as far as I know. I'm 100% confident the great man will once again bring Vader to life.

Kato Sai likes this.
  21. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    It would be great if JEJ is involved but I agree he doesnt have to be involved in marketing.

Many years ago Jones said he wasnt Vader, he was a special effect, david prowse was Vader, he had to wear the suit. So Id imagine its something similar here. Hayden is Darth Vader not Jones. Hes such a humble guy. What a legend, he always played down that role.

It would be great to see vader in not quite full flow in this going up against Obi Wan and Im sure the Inquisitors too in terms of sparring, like he did in the comics. Cant wait.

DannyD and DarthKegs like this.
  22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    He’s humble. I still want to get James Earl Jones reads the Bible. For the good parts I’ll think Mufasa, the bad: Lord Vader! :D

DarthKegs likes this.
  23. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Yeah it's not like they are talking about the other Vader doubles in interviews.

My guess is that it's going to be like Respeecher for Luke or some advancement.

cwustudent likes this.
  24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    4 more days! Granted we won’t likely see Lord Vader till Ep 5 or 6.

25. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    Rumors it's end of episode 2

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2022
    Kato Sai likes this.