main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond the Saga Data Meets C-3PO - Spoiler Warning!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by study888, Jun 4, 2021.

1. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    WARNING THIS FANFIC HAS ST AND BEYOND SPOILERS

Title: Data Meets C-3PO

Author: The Jedi Council. First author: Brent"study888" Lee Sohlden Koivopolo V

Rating: PG for violence, and possibly mild language

Characters:C-3P0, acting Captain of Royal Duchess R2 and two other Droid companions, Captain Jean Luc Picard, Lt. Cmmdr. Data, Geordi LaForge chief engineer, USS Enterprise-D, Lieutenant Worf, a Klingon, Counselor Deanna Troi, an empath, Cmmdr Riker, 1st officer, USS Enterprise, Captain Riss, Romulan, captain, Unsettler, Mayor Goodkind, of San Francisco, Earth, Beverly Crusher, Chief Medical Officer, Wesley Crusher, Ensign, Morty Howard, Ensign, Christine Everly, Nurse, Officer Hector Helbor of Earth Security Forces, Admiral Alexander Aldorff, of Starfleet. Other major and minor characters of greater or lesser import.

Genre:Sci-Fi/fantasy

Timeline: Thousands of millennia after The Rise of Skywalker

Length: If we can get to the length of a good novel, we'll call it good. Maybe the size of The Great Train Robbery by Michael Crichton or Return of The Jedi by James Cahn.

Summary: An Outbound Flight takes C-3PO and his Droid companions to a galaxy far, far away....

Notes: This is Round Robin, but it is probably a good thing to agree to be spoiled before jumping in to writing it. It must stay serious. It can have lighthearted moments but it is not a comedy nor a parody.

For context, the Thon were a neigboring species from a galaxy adjacent to the Vong and Star Wars Galaxies, who helped the Star Wars Galaxy initially defeat the Vong before 70 years later the Vong, Thon and Original Galaxy became a United Triad of Galaxies when the Vong sought peace rather than for war, and the Katosondin Way, the Way of the Thon was a philosophy nearly identical to the Jedi only more sophisticated and advanced, which soon merged with the Jedi Way when it was introduced to the Jedi, who saw it as superior. A more advanced, crystalline and mettaloid weapon, the Triblade, was typically wielded by the Katodsondi. The Structure of the Katosondi was much like the Church of the First Century AD on this earth, but C-3P0's job is not to tell of the Thon's Church, but of the Katosondin and Jedi Way, which did not conflict with their religious beliefs, and was in their time integrated into their Church. So religious references in this story can be kept to a bare minimum as we focus on the Force.

Prologue

C-3P0 was tired. After millennia of time since he was created by Anakin Skywalker to help his mom, he actually felt tired. But the prospect of him and his ancient friends R2-D2, BB-8 and
    D-0
    going with 200 Jedi and some other Republic officials on an
    Outbound Flight to Destinations Unknown using
    Thon-taught intergalalactic space travel
    was enough to make him feel young again. Their ship, The
    Royal Duchess was Docked at a Chandrilla Orbital Spaceport, and Republic gentry and folken were milling about like ants stirred out of their hill by a rainstorm. The air buzzed with excitement. News of yet another Outbound Flight spread across the
    Three United Galaxies
    like Wildfire.
    Two Thon and Three Vong Representatives
    were also aboard this ship. And now it was getting ready for its takeoff. The ancient birds
    The Millenium Falcon and
    Luck of The Draw
    would accompany the Duchess as far as the end of
    Vong space
    , then would head back to Chandrilla.

CHAPTER ONE

DAY 342

T
    he polite social activities, pleasant conversation and various entertainments that had marked the beginning of the voyage had turned to desperation. Food was scarce although there was sufficiant fuel to last for many more years, but there were no worlds left on which to resupply, and the starfield of yesterday's viewports and windscreen had turned into a cold starless void, which left many sleep deprived, unable to think much less dream. R2, ever the gracious host, started to find himself more and more ignored, the drinks he carried untaken; unconsumed. C-3PO detected that the tension in the air had grown thick. The Jedi
    and Thon
    at this point still remained calm, and attempted to foment order amongst the growing chaos and panic on board the Duchess.

DAY 800

The food and potable water supply had run out completely 10 days ago and people had started dropping like flies. The
    two Thon
    were the last to die, but they, like the Jedi, died bravely. Now only the four Droids remained, lone sentinels. Within Artoo's innards was a Holovid player with the most important events of his Galaxies' histories indelibly etched for all to see, mostly in pictures and not much needing interpretation. Although Threepio was not expecting the voyage to last this long, the food and water to run out, or people to die, he stood ready to bear witness to any beings they came across of what he knew to be the noble Jedi
    and Katosondin
    Way.

CHAPTER TWO

DAY 20,000

C
    aptain Jean-Luc Picard of The Starship Enterprise-D, sat upon the Captains's Chair of the Bridge, his First Mate, Will Riker, at his side. Into the Bridge walked a familiar friend to Picard, one whom he usually sought for advice in the ship's lounge. Guinan made a beeline for the space between where Lieutenant Commander Data, an Android with pale white faux skin, and dark faux hair stood and where the esteemed Captain sat.

"If you're not busy, Captain, I'd like a word with you, she said"

"You may speak your mind, Guinan."

Suddenly Lieutenant Worf, a Klingon, barked:

"An unidentified ship approaching. No life forms, yet it is being steered, rather erratically, by something."

"It can wait," Guinan conceded.

"Stay here" Picard suggested warmly. "Put it on screen
    This is The U.S.S. Enterprise. Please identify yourself."

On the viewscreen, a golden Android appeared with no visible facial expression but it seemed he had a surprised and relieved look on his face.

"I am C-3PO of the Consular Ship, The Royal Duchess, from a very, very far off galaxy, and am o so glad to see a human being again! Bless my circuits! Thank the Maker! I was worried we would never see any life ever again. The odds of it were astronomically high! Permission to dock with your ship?"

"We will beam you aboard."

"Beam? O that sounds dangerous! Could you send a shuttle? That sounds infinitely safer."

""If that is your wish, Mr. 3PO, then we will send a shuttlecraft to bring you and your crew aboard. We detect no life forms. I assume that during your long voyage, some people must have died?"

"Oh my goodness, hundreds! The smell was horrid! We used the last of our shuttlecraft and escape pods offloading all the bodies."

Geordi Laforge, Chief Engineer of the Enterprise-D, his ocular implant showing the docking port for the shuttlepods and any foreign shuttlecraft, stood with his best Android Friend Lieutenant Commander Data, awaiting this curious arrival. Their phasers were at the ready, set for stun, lest this were some new form of trickery. The Enterprise Shuttlepod that had been sent to pick up their new guests opened its hatch to reveal....robots. Four robots of the oddest sort. One golden bipedal android, one short stocky silver robot that sort of reminded Geordi of an ancient waste receptacle, one that looked like a lampshade on a single wheel, and one that looked like a huge orange beachball with a semicircular semispherical head. This strange assortment of robotics almost made LaForge laugh if not for the gravity of the situation....these were all honored guests. But then recognition flashed in Geordi's consciousness. There had been a Serial TV Series with these exact four robots (though much more campy looking and less sophisticated) in the 1960's of the early twentieth century before Khan and the Eugenics Wars. Once Geordi had binged The Great Star War and it's tales of planetkilling space stations and surprising familial ties and the Jedi Order and evil Emporers out of sheer boredom, only to now realize that it was true, all of it.

"I can't believe it! You're C-3PO, BB-8, Dio, R2-D2! The Great Star War really happened! Holy cow!"

"I'm sorry, Sir, but to what do you refer?" C-3PO inquired.

Data piped up. "There was an early 20'th Century television series produced by Gene Lucas and Brannon McQuarrie called The Great Star War, and our Chief Engineer is very surprised that you are a testament, Sir, that it actually happened."

"Fascinating!" C-3PO mused.

Artoo then started going berserk.

"What is it? LaForge said.

C-3PO's eyes lit up in surprise.

"He says that in the millinnia before space travel there is a record of an ancient television show they used to broadcast on a planet in our galaxy called Coruscant called Star Trek: The Next Generation which featured Geordi LaForge, which he says is you, and Lieutenant Commander Data, which he says is the Android, as some of its main characters."

"Most fascinating!" Data said. "And quite interesting" he said with a hint of a smile, arching one eyebrow.

(Ed-Thank you for moving this thread. I had assumed that crossovers were non star wars but i was wrong. I know that people know Star trek way better than me and can write TNG with much more expertness than me, which is why my story is a collaborative work. I wouldn't jump in however unless you are willing to peek at the spoilers.)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  2. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    sorry dp

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    Mira_Jade likes this.
  3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I like this so far. I would enjoy donating my two cents to this story, but I don't feel I'm qualified to do so, because Picard & Co. seem perfectly in character, and I would hate to mess that up. When it comes to writing, I'm most at home with the classic TOS crew.

4. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    I would recommend watching a few classic TNG episodes and First Contact and Generations and possibly Nemesis, or maybe not even all of that, until you think you can properly write the TNG characters. But you don't even have to do that, because 'I can' and 'I can't' are basically both true statements and I would be happy to see your contributions. I have confidence in you.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  5. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Sorry dp

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  6. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Ok, Cowgirl Jedi (who I'm not tagging, but I'll notify her via pm) and anyone else watching this thread, it's time for an update. An update is long overdue. I apparently haven't lost the ability to tell great stories and make them interesting, it just lay dormant for a while. I just needed the right moment to rekindle this old tale. And I think if I just 'Dew it' the story will practically write itself.

CHAPTER THREE

"Bridge to Geordi" LaForge's communicator buzzed with the Captain's voice.
    Geordi tapped it. "Geordi here."
    "Bring our guests up to Ten Forward. Guinan would like a word with them. Then bring them to the bridge."
    Geordi once again tapped his communicator. "Yes Captain."

In Ten Forward, the Enterprise-D's cantina, the droids were offered a special blend of oil and calibrating fluid, which each took or were fed.
    Guinan addressed 3PO first.

"This morning, I had a dream. In this dream there was a meeting of two different worlds, and of two different schools of thought, one more rational and less spiritual, and one both spiritual and rational. I was about to tell Captain Picard of this dream when your ship arrived. I'd like to hear your story."

R2 chirped.

"With your permission, R2 would like to provide visuals for our story."

"I don't mind."

As R2's holoprojector played a picture of three galaxies, C-3PO began,
    "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away......"

A couple of hours later a large crowd had gathered around the table where 3PO and R2 had harmonized to tell their tales with relish and ardour.

Tales of Ahsoka Tano and Kolap Hu, of Chewie and Lumpy, Cad Bane and Boba Fett, Din D'Jarin and Grogu, of Yoda and Mace Windu, of the Father, Son and Daughter, of Kyp Durron, Rey Skywalker-Solo, Ben Solo-Skywalker, Poe and Fawn Dameron, Finn-2187, Luke Skywalker, Revan and Bastilla, Darth Bane, Darth Sidious, General Grievous, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, of Lightsabers and Katosondin Triblades, Jedi, Sith, Katosondi and Vong, of Thrawn and Ezra Bridger, of Leia and Han, of Dryden Voss and Lady Proxima and Qui'ra, and Beckett, of Chewbacca and Malla and Itchy and Son Dan, and the Shamans of the Whills, Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus, Darth Momen, and so many others both named and unnamed.

Many in the crowd had watched The Great Star War but few had imagined that the events had actually taken place.

As once Apollo had wowed his audience with tales of Godhood on the Enterprise with James T. Kirk as Captain, tales once thought of as myth and legend, so now C-3PO and R2-D2, sometimes with a little assistance from D-O and BB-8, enraptured the crowd with their tales of the daring do of both heroes and villains of years gone by once thought of as a mere modern fairy tale.

As the crowd slowly broke up when the story was quite finished, the four droids, accompanied by Guinan, made their way to the Bridge.

[Edit- Just a reminder that this is round robin and if you have a mind to, you may contribute to this story.]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    pronker likes this.
  7. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Wow, spoiler-ception! That is a lot of tags! :p
    Gonna be blunt I have next to no background knowledge or understanding of what's going on besides the recognition of the two characters in the title but I will give this a shot. Don't think I have enough of a grasp on Star Trek to contribute meaningfully to the round robin but I will happily leave a review.

Chapter #1
    Gruesome start.
    Good to see R2 is along for the ride, with his all important memory intact!

Chapter #2
    Ok into Star Trek, with which I have a far shallower depth of knowledge from, but I recognize Picard, Worf and Data at least.
    Lol, it feels so wrong to have 3PO called an "Android."
    And he apparently has a sense of smell. Rather unfortunate for him all things considered. [face_worried]
    Geordi, now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time. Took me a couple seconds to place the face but I think I remember.
    Seem's we are entering Celebrity Paradox mode now. [face_thinking]
    And apparently it goes both ways. :eek:

Chapter #3
    The infamous opening crawl!
    Seems R2 is just throwing them in the deep end, not sure I could handle it all at once.
    A significant bit of which he was not present for, so I guess they really did upload him with every historical document under the Core this time.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
    study888 likes this.