main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

David Prowse is back in the hospital - Sad News :(

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObiJuan70, May 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    This was reported on the Props board and originally from TheSanDiegoChannel.com >>>>

Darth Vader Actor Loses Use Of Legs

David Prowse Suffered Similar Ailment In February LONDON, 11:47 a.m. EDT May 11, 2001 -- The actor who played Darth Vader in the original "Star Wars" trilogy is suffering from a mysterious ailment that has cost him the use of his legs.

According to the BBC, David Prowse, who donned the suit of the Dark Lord of the Sith in the films, suffered a mysterious form of paralysis in one of his arms in February. As for his latest ailment, doctors are suspecting an abscess at the base of Prowse's spine.

"He's looking very gaunt and very thin," Prowse's spokesman, Phil Day, told the BBC. "Things aren't looking too good."

Day says the suspected abscess is "dangerously close to the vertebrae" and expects Prowse to be in the hospital for "quite some time."

Prowse, a former Mr. Universe, has also appeared in such films as "The Horror of Frankenstein" for England's famed Hammer Film Studio, and Stanley Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange."<<<<

The last time I got to see Dave Prowse was in November and it was truly an honor to meet him, I hope that things may turn for the best for this great man . . .

Keep your thoughts and prayers with Mr. Prowse

MTFBWY

ObiJuan

2. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    My thoughts and prayers have indeed been with Mr. Prowse..

Has there been any other news about him through the weekend?

3. Jedi_Fred

Jedi_Fred Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    Hey ObiJuan,

Thanks for the info on Mr. Prowse please keep me informed about his condition. He is a really nice man and I hope to meet Him again. My Families prayers are with Mr. Prowse for a speedy recovery.

Jedi_Fred

4. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    That is truly sad.
    I will pray for him and his family...

5. Omega-Prime

Omega-Prime Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2001
    he will recover. he will be back. he is a dark lord. the 1st.

6. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    While I find this news sad and disturbing, a rather odd thought about actually needing the suit worn by the character comes to mind.

7. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    You know EagleJedi,
    that same thing came
    to mind when I saw this article...

Interesting???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.