main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Saga - OT [DDC 2020] Worries of a Mother in Uncertain Times - with notes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    This is my half year Dear Diary Challenge attempt.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Imperial Security Bureau Agents, this is a translation of a diary belonging to Hilda Grünewald, aide to the Caféaulait Shaman Brygitta Ebner, who also functions as a historian for the village of Grünewald on the Rimes River. This Diary and future diaries written by Hilda and other aides to Shamans will be translated as a means to gauge just how rebellious the Caféaulait people are or might become and grant us further insight to how far we can push them before they break.

Be aware that there will be missing information as these diaries, also known as Memory Logs or Memory Books, as they can be heavily guarded and access to certain ones is tricky so holos of pages are taken, as many as the agent taking them feels safe taking, and at a later date another agent will take more holos of pages.

We are working on getting unrestricted access to more Memory Logs with the help of Governor Dorne as she has made herself beloved to the Caféaulait by treating them well and marrying a local, he is the brother of Hilda’s husband.

We will provide you with a list of the family tree at a later date.

Xxxxxxxxxx

I am afraid.

Something is blocking the Shamans’ Sight.

The events of the last few years have worried many people here on Erde and many fear that we will be caught in a fight between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems if there is a war.

The Shamans have spent countless hours meditating together and separately in an effort to pierce the Veil of Shadows that covers certain future events. They can still predict the weather better than the weather satellites and when it’s safe to plant and other such things.

We have been searching our extensive histories for any accounts of something similar happening but so far there is nothing.

As I read what I have written, wrestling with myself I have decided to include that while the Shamans can’t see anything when they search for future events they have sometimes heard something ominous, something that filled them with fear: an army marching in formation.

Just the thought of a marching army fills me with a deep terror. There hasn’t been war on Erde in roughly 200 years and that was just with ourselves, contained on just one planet, and imagining this army or armies spreading war, destruction and death to hundreds, no, hundreds of thousands of worlds, ripping families apart and spreading Chaos is like something straight from the deepest and darkest depths of twisted, corrupt and evil minds; Agents of Chaos

It is entirely possible that there will be no war and the sound of an army or multiple armies is just something that they are imagining or something Chaos is feeding them to make them and us afraid and make poor decision moving forward

Whatever might come I must have faith that regardless of what darkness might be ahead Harmony will always be restored.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    AzureAngel2, GregMcP and Kahara like this.
  2. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There have been some questions from the last chapter about ‘Agents of Chaos’, ‘Harmony’ and whether or not the Shamans are Force Sensitive. Caféaulait believe in Harmony, which is life as it should be: plants, animals and Caféaulaits living in a cycle of birth, life and death with no unnatural or violent deaths with death and life feeding each other; the natural flow of life in the simplest terms.

Agents of Chaos are people that do not respect the natural way of things and upset the ‘delicate’ balance of Harmony. Some Caféaulait consider the Empire an Agent of Chaos as we interrupt the ‘natural flow’ of things here and in the galaxy at large and use the promise of peace to enslave the galaxy as people will gladly surrender their freedom if it means safety and security. Thankfully enough Caféaulait are either willing to quietly submit to the Empire and not state their views or truly believe that we aren’t Agents of Chaos.

As for the Shamans being Force Sensitive we know that some are and some aren’t but no idea which are which. That being said the Shamans believe that anyone can Sense life or be Aware of their surroundings. As we know from our study of the Kawa where with enough training and experience anyone can be passively tap into the Porce.

We are still working on the family trees.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Shamans and Elders met today to speak about what we should do if Count Dooku approaches us on ceding from the Republic.

There are some that feel that we should as the Republic takes so much of our natural resources in payment for catching our planet up to the standard of all planets that have interaction with the rest of the galaxy and we barely have a say in it.

Others say that a lot of corporations seem to be interested in signing treaties with the CIS and that there’s no guarantee that the corporations won’t somehow have the means to plunder our resources for themselves.

There are days that I wish Donar’s fifth great Aunt Linza never helped bring us into the wider galaxy without consulting the Shamans and Elders. But at the same time I understand why. Her logic was sound.

The First Ones only know what might have happened to the people of the Rime River Valley if she and David Acker hadn’t met and discovered what Ugaidi Industries was doing here. Maybe they would have tried to drown everyone again like they did eighty years before and maybe they would have succeeded in drowning them as there was no guarantee that someone would save them again by telling them to seek higher ground when they heard a strange loud noise from the forest.

I guess that we will never know.

May Harmony Protect us.

If you wish to learn more about Linza Grunewald-Acker and David Acker you can read their account of the events mentioned in this entry here. https://boards.theforce.net/threads/ddc-2017-memory-books-and-personal-logs-ocs.50043564/

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We apologize for the lack of information as we are struggling to get the correct information about the Grunewald Family. Wilhelm is her son and Loreley is her husband Donar’s severely mentally handicapped sister. A Paka is a cross between a Tooka and a local small feline called a ‘Katze’.

We were woken in the early morning hours by Wilhelm crying. He’s too young to tell us what was wrong so all we could do was hold him and try to soothe him.

It turned out to be a blessing as Loreley came pounding on our door ten minutes later in tears as she found her Paka, Zwielicht, unresponsive on the floor next to the Kühlschrank in the main house.

Donar left to check on Zwielicht and I tried to reassure Loreley that it would be okay.

She just cried.

Thirty minutes passed before Donar returned with a grave expression.

Zwielicht was gone.

He passed sometime before Loreley found him as he was cold and becoming stiff.

Loreley sobbed.

Donar promised that he and Hrolf had buried Zwielicht near the flowers that he liked to smell in life.

He then left to call their parents to let them know what happened as they are away in Bonn visiting family.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 and GregMcP like this.
  4. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Grunewald Family members that are mentioned are: Kirsten, Donar’s older sister, Hrolf, Kirsten’s husband, and David Donar’s older brother; his son Chaim is the husband of Governor Dorne.

I write this as I sit in bed, unable to sleep, as my mind goes over what was discussed around my husband’s parents’ table as the younger children played under the watchful care of the adolescent children and Loreley.

We discussed all of the unrest going on in the wider galaxy and Count Dooku rallying hundreds of planets to his cause and whether or not he will approach us to join the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

Hrolf said that he expects the elderly, former Jedi to at least offer it to the various leaders here as we do not have a planet wide governing body; beyond the Shamans and they cannot advise the Elders too much beyond whether or not they fear a decision will affect the Balance of Harmony too much or cause too much Chaos and disrupt the Balance.

David thinks that the Elders should vote for us to cede from the Republic as all the Republic does is take our resources in compensation for helping build our infrastructure so we can interact with the galaxy.

Donar thinks that ceding is foolish and could cause trouble as our ‘Erde Ore’ replenishes quickly, especially if there’s a settlement and plenty of life nearby, so the Republic is not going to let us go without a fight.

Kirsten asked if there was a plan in place if a war broke out as our Ore will be valuable to both sides in a conflict.

The talk fell silent as we contemplated something as terrible as a war that didn’t just stretch from beyond the mountains just north of us all the way to the distant ocean. There was a war like that four hundred years ago.

I told those gathered at the table that the Shamans were meditating to seek guidance daily on what to do and that Brygitta and other Shamans would rather die than condemn us and our planet to the miseries of war.

I did not tell them about the ominous silence and darkness that the Shamans usually saw when they meditated or how sometimes one of them hears the sound of a marching army in the darkness.

We switched to a different topic as the children were getting tired and it was time to go to our separate homes.

I do not want to think about war or what might come with it but maybe I am living in a dream instead of reality.

I will speak with Brigytta tomorrow and speak my fears so they can no longer burden me. Maybe she will have words of comfort, maybe she won’t but at the very least they will be spoken and not living inside of me; growing stronger and stronger until they consume me.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I spent a lot of time going through the Visions of the various Shamans have had over the last ten years, searching for clues to what might be in store for the Republic.

Most of them contain nothing of significance but a few contain interesting tidbits: soldiers fighting and dying against an army of droids, Jedi fighting and a battle in space.

The reason these feel significant is the fact that they are the last clear Visions of the future beyond Erde in the last ten years.

A few Shamans want to dismiss them as already passed as the events of the Visions seemed to have played out on Naboo when then Queen Amidala took her planet back from the Trade Federation. Yet others say that we cannot dismiss them as already fulfilled as the Shamans saw many Jedi of different species and genders fighting and seemingly lead troops into batter; not two Human males defending the then queen and fighting an Agent of Chaos.

We just don’t know anymore and Visions aren’t always clear. But it's terrifying to think that a war might be on the horizon; especially since the Shamans can’t See what might be in the future. I worry for the future of my son, future children, nieces and nephews and everyone else in my family.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This is fantastic! I love how you have the notes from the Imperials at the start, giving us that POV and then the diary is from another! It gives us such an interesting perspective. I really like the analysis from the notes.

Reading what the Shamans are seeing is so heartbreaking knowing what's coming, especially since many think the danger has passed. I also find it interesting they can't see past that point. Is it because they are all dead? Is there another reason?

Excellent work!! =D=

AzureAngel2, GregMcP and Lady_Misty like this.
  7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Poor people being dragged into a war that has nothing to do with them, heading towards disaster and tragedy.

Well done. Let's see where it goes next.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @mavjade thanks. The Imperial notes are fun to write and an easy way to tell people unfamiliar with my OCs their cultures.

I know, it's supposed to come off as heartbreaking as they just don't know what to believe,

@GregMcP Thank you, I was hoping that it came off as people that are about to be caught up in events that they didn't sign up for let alone understand why their lives are about to be turned upside down,

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I apologize for the lack of notes in the last entry as there was error with the system so no notes were sent with the entry.

To answer a few questions the Erde Shamans’ ability to predict the future is a fickle thing as shown in the last entry and previous entries.

Did they have visions of the Clone Wars? Yes but not many.

Did they have visions of how it ended? No, they did not.

I spent most of today helping Shaman Brygitta sort through numerous recordings of visions every Shaman has had in the last twenty years; searching for visions of war.

I found one from a Shaman on the other side of the planet saying that they saw a Living Shadow that dripped poison and left death in It’s wake envelope the galaxy from the center to the edge of known soace in Darkness and that they heard screams of terrified people in the darkness that fell.

I spent the rest of the day searching our history for an explanation as to what could be blocking the Sight of the Shamans.

I do not wish for war. Our Histories make it clear that war is a terrible thing that only brings pain and misery.

The Shamans and Elders have yet to decide what to do when Count Dooku approaches us but I have a feeling that they will tell the Count that they respectfully decline; that they do not wish to cause disruptions to trade with the rest of the galaxy.

Our allies Bosta and Scáthia are still debating what they will do but I have a feeling that they wouldn’t be approached and I know from reading history that neither planet will side with aggressors.

Hopefully this divide in the galaxy will not lead to war.

May the First Ones protect us and give the Jedi and Shamans the insight they need to lead us to peace.

Xxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I always find your names intriguing, such as Caféaulait people. Wanting to read more about "milk coffee " folk I did stumble upon more fun words in my German mother language. Their usage always making me more smiley.

To describe shamans from Earth, Mutter Erde, drew me in in the first place. When you wrote the actual prequel of this diary here. Thanks for writing on!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Lady_Misty likes this.
  10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Woah... this is haunting but also beautiful in the way you've written it! It really invokes an emotional reaction!

I'm really enjoying this!

Lady_Misty likes this.
  11. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @AzureAngel2 thank yo! I love the German Language and I try to be considerate with how I use German words; one reason that I haven't posted any of Hela/Rebekka's stories before she was assigned to the Rebellion, a few during her time with the Rebellion and her return home. If TRoS had gone differently I would have written another one but I have no desire to write in that terrible movie.

@mavjade Thank you, I try my best to capture emotions like that and I don't always feel like I succeed

@GregMcP

Xxxxxxxxx

As you all know Count Dooku never approached the Caféaulait about joining the Confederacy of Independent Systems. We do not know why they were never approached and there is no record explaining why they were never approached prior to the War breaking out or afterwards.

That said we do have proof that it was discussed several times and certain parties in the CIS wanted to get Erde to join for their metal alone but were swayed away because the planet wouldn’t easily be held and it was too far from any other planet that would join them or was useful enough to make it worth the trouble.

The last time it was brought up Count Dooku shut the argument down by saying that Erde and its metal ore will have a part to play but they must be patient.

No Erde Metal was used during the War but the Caféaulait did ship all their excess food off planet to feed the Grand Army of the Republic and those working in the shipyards.

I was waiting for Brygitta and the other Shamans to come out of their trances and start sharing what they had seen with a sense of foreboding when they came out in twos and threes.

Their mediation to see the future beyond Erde was fruitless and searching the future on our planet showed them very little with the exception of freighters and large cargo speeders, heavy load lifting droids coming and going and large crates filled with locally grown food.

It feels anticlimactic but I understand all too well that Visions are seldom exciting and the ones that are herald either destruction or joy; there’s no in between.

I will take the declaration to up our harvests and herds with joy as it seems to bode well for us as if there was war there would be young men and women, children really, being loaded onto transports and crates filled with Erde Ore joining the crates of food being sent Offworld.

I do not have to worry about my many nieces and nephews, my son and future children growing up in a war torn galaxy.

Praise to the First Ones forever and ever; there will be no war.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Very clever using Dooku and the Separatists in this update. A history lesson from a different angle.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @AzureAngel2 well it fit and there needs to be an explanation as to why Dooku or the Separatists never made a move on Erde.

@mavjade

@GregMcP

xxxxxxxxxxxx

It has been asked why Dooku wanted to wait to take Erde and we have no answers. His and the CIS’s loss is our gain as there has been more than plenty of Erde Orre to mine. Some of it is going to Project Stardust but in all honesty having access to hundreds of millions tons of Erde Ore has allowed us to stretch what we get from all of our other mining projects even further than we would be able to if we didn’t have access to it.

As some of you are aware a few Caféaulait did join the military and some do serve in our ranks. Mostly on their homeworld as certain people in power believe that they will be less likely to rebel if they have to shoot their own people as their people wouldn’t be the enemy but the Empire will be.

We trust though that there will be no rebellion as Governor Elara Dorne is too well loved by them and as she is married to one of their leaders it is seen as a form of marriage alliance.

And before anyone asks there is no way that she will betray us. She is loyal to the Empire and loves the people that she oversees. Betraying the Empire will mean her removal from power and then she will no longer be able to protect the people that she loves so dearly.

Chaim came to me while I was working in Donar and my personal garden. He is worried that the Shamans are wrong and that there will be a war and that he will be more than old enough to be forced to be involved in it’ the Republic has no standing military so they will have to take from the populous to fill the ranks of all branches of a military.

I understand his fear. He will be eighteen in a few months and that’s the youngest age that most governments prefer to recruit their members. Our records are also clear that war is something that destroys all involved and leaves the land damaged. Only Agents of Chaos would want the death and destruction that come with war.

Scholars from other planets when talking about war have described it as a Hell. As we don’t have concepts of heavens/paradises and hells/places of torment but I have studied them with the Shamans and I can agree that wars are hells and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

No, there have been people that I would wish it on. I wish it on people that I am furious with or having heated disagreements with.

I know that it isn’t right and that the Bosta Mystics condemn such thoughts as your thoughts become your words and actions.

They also believe in Fate and Destiny.

I asked him if he Saw something and was afraid to say something and he told me that he dreamed of a woman that might be from Bosta wearing a military uniform that was smiling at him, that he was wearing a uniform as well and that they were on a ship together going somewhere.

I told him that it didn’t mean anything as we and Bosta both have our own security forces and we both work together to protect our region of space.

He then said that neither of them were wearing the Erde or Bosta Defense Force Uniforms.

I know I froze and I couldn’t help but think that there is a war coming.

Wilhem asked me if I was going to leave a weed to grow snapped me out of it and I asked Chaim if he told anyone else about his dream and he said no as his Mom would freak out and say things that would just hurt him and his younger siblings.

I know that David isn’t my brother but neither us or the Bostans would have judged him if he divorced Tali and remarried. I know that things have come back to her over the years but I see the hurt and unshed tears in their children’s eyes when she says things that hurt what feels like a piece of them.

I asked him if he wanted to go with me to the Shamans to share his dream and at first he said no but after helping me weed and spouting nonsense as to why he shouldn’t bother the Shamans with his silly dream he agreed to see if they would be interested.

I pray that he misinterpreted his dream.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @AzureAngel2
    @mavjade
    @GregMcP

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tali Grunewald, a half Bostan and half Cafeaulait, received a traumatic brain injury in a speeder accident when her third child was two and lost many of her memories and as a result the loss of her memories caused problems as she cut all aspects of Bostan Culture out of her life and the lives of their children and only agreed to name the younger children Bostan names because they were also family names on David’s side of the family.

Chaim met Elora Dorne both joined the Republic Navy days after the Clone Wars began and met at the Academy. They married shortly after the Clone Wars ended.

Something has the Shamans on edge. I asked Brygitta what’s wrong and she said that she wasn’t sure and that just something is just off somehow.

I am not sure if this is a sign that something bad is going to happen or if tension of not being able to See anything beyond Erde is taking a toll on the Shamans and it’s showing in subtle ways.

Or maybe the assassination attempt on the Senator of Naboo’s life today on Coruscant has them worried and they don’t wish to share that they are worried that things might get worse for a time before they get better.

Wilhem is sleeping again through the night though.

Donar is asking when we should try for another baby and I said that I thought that Wilhem was old enough for us to try for another baby.

May Harmony continue for many more years.

Xxxxxx

AzureAngel2 and mavjade like this.
  15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Finally caught up for I am not much around on the JC boards any more.

I like the recent developments in so far and your world building.

Plus I also hope harmony to continue for many years to follow.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super details on the shamanic visions or lack thereof and also on the family situation(s) =D=

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @AzureAngel2 I understand, there are days where I feel like I don't open up the Forum and I can go weeks without popping in. As for a return to normal the Clone Wars is just weeks away from breaking out. :(

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha thank you. :)

@mavjade

@GregMcP

Xxxxxx

As you all know the peace that Hilda was hoping for is not going to happen and war is on the horizon.

All the Shamans in the Region will be gathering to mediate together in the Sacred Valley of Beleuchtung in a few days and we will be staying there for several weeks. I will be going to record any Visions that any Shaman has while we are there; we leave in a few hours..

Wilhem isn’t happy that he cannot go with me but his many aunts and cousins have all promised to play with him until I return.

He promised to help his father in the gardens too. I just hope that he does not get distracted and play with the Hunds in the gardens like he did a few days ago. We only lost a few plants as they are not fragile sprouts but the loss of too many plants in the wrong garden could see us going without when Winter comes.

My Pferd Sturm is ready to go; just waiting for me to pack this and climb into the saddle,

Next time I write in this I will be in the Sacred Valley of Beleuchtung.

May the natural Flow and Song of Harmony be restored.

xxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    You can feel the expectation of momentous changes while still hoping for calm. [face_thinking]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  19. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha I know, I have tried to set it up so we want there to be a different outcome but we know otherwise.
    @AzureAngel2
    @mavjade
    @GregMcP

Inquisitors and Lord Vader have been to the Sacred Valley of Beleuchtung and other places that are sacred to the Caféaulait. There is nothing overly special about these places and there’s nothing dangerous in them. For those of you worried about these places being used for gathering places for rebellious citizens and/or storage for weapons the Shamans don’t let non Shamans, or those connected to them, into these places without a reason and had to be , . . persuaded to let the Inquisitors into those places; they didn’t argue about Lord Vader visiting their Sacred Places.

My whole body hurts from riding Sturm all day for nearly a week. I envy my ancestors for being able to sit in a saddle day and night for weeks. They might look at me and see how I can’t even ride a Pferd for half the time that they can without getting sore and not being able to walk straight for a while and just shake their heads in disappointment..

But then I wonder what they would think if I told them that I could travel from Grunewald to Bärlin in four hours; a trip that would take several months of walking or riding a Pferd.

They probably wouldn’t believe me.

No, they would probably be shocked but accept it depending on which ancestors I am speaking to would have lived through the Sith Invasion of our planet during the last Sith War a thousand years ago. Grunewald still bears the scars of the invasion and now we remember the damage as we forgot why and how statues and monoliths had been cut in half and the long thin gashes and burns on stone.

Almost everyone is here. A few more Shamans are still traveling but soon it will be nothing but organized chaos as we prepare food and finish setting up our shelters.

I don’t have a lot of energy but it’s probably because I have been riding for so long and now trying to help set everything up to support several hundred people for who knows how long.

May Harmony still Sing

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad they are able to set up refuge shelters

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha well I don't know anyone that likes sleeping under the stars for too long of a time; especially if you're in a place that gets rain.

@AzureAngel2
    @GregMcP
    @mavjade

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It must be said that we have no way to know the exact timing of events so do not ask questions about when the Shamans experienced their shared vision.

I feel cold.

The day started out like the last few days, waking, dressing and getting food before the Shamans sat down to meditate.

They had only been meditating for a few hours when Shaman Detlef of Grüne Hügel, a village west of Grunewald, started shouting incomprehensibly but there was one word that we all understood: death

Soon other Shamans were shouting incomprehensibly with a word or two coming out clearly: death and destruction.

Brygitta kept muttering ‘the same face’ and ‘unnatural’.

Then one Shaman stood, the other Shamans voices seemed to fade away in preparation for them to speak, and speak they did and a clear, loud voice that carried throughout the area.

They said that a dangerous and deadly Agent of Chaos has made his move and that death, destruction and chaos is upon us. That war was at our door and that the Agent of Chaos wouldn’t be satisfied until the entire galaxy burned and became his for the taking.

That we were all in grave danger as anyone that could Listen to the Flow of the Universe would be in danger of being destroyed so that none could oppose him.

The Blood of the Innocent would turn flowing water red and saturate the soil, that Light and Hope would be in danger of disappearing as he moved forward.

A terrible betrayal awaited us all.

They then collapsed in a heap motionless.

We were too stunned to say or do anything.

But eventually their assistant dropped beside them and checked on them before calling out that Shaman Eike was dead.

Panic set in as a Shaman dying after having a Vision is almost unheard of and more Shamen started collapsing.

Brygitta then screamed something that sounded like ‘forced betrayal’ before she collapsed.

I checked on her and to my immense relief I could feel her pulse; weak but still there.

I called for help but everyone else was calling for help and my voice was lost in the din of voices calling for help.

As I stood to try to get help Brygitta suddenly grabbed me by my left wrist and told me not to give my daughter to the Jedi as a terrible fate would await her if I gave her to their care. I asked her why and she answered that she would be taken from the Jedi by an Agent of Chaos and terrible things would be done to her until her Light died.and they would use her until her body died.

She then passed out again

People were still screaming for help but I couldn’t move as I thought of everything that was said and I was struck with a deep seeded terror: war was coming and it would come with a terribly steep price. I thought of Chaim and how he shared his dream with me a short time ago and I started to cry.

I cried for myself, my family, my people, the galaxy and for innocence that will be lost as war descended on the galaxy taking lives indiscriminately and leaving pain and destruction in its wake.

We called for outside help as so many Shamans were unresponsive and several more were deceased.

As the hovercraft I was in with Shaman Brygitta and other Shamans and their Assistants we were informed that the Separatists had killed dozens of Jedi when they tried to rescue one of their own and that war has been declared.

I didn’t know that I had more tears to shed but I had them and I cried as I thought of Chaim, Brunhilda and all of the other young men and women of Erde being sent to fight and die for the Republic.

Shaman Brygitta did her best to comfort me despite her exhaustion and told me that it would be alright.

I barely have any energy left now so I guess that I will close this entry and pick up when I have more energy.

Servants of Harmony protect us!

I'm pregnant

First Ones help me find the strength to have a child in a time of uncertainty.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ow, heartbreaking and what should be an occasion for joy is fraught with anxiety. =D=

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wonderfully written, but are you sure about the term "Sacred Valley of Beleuchtung"?!?

"Beleuchtung" is for example what they would do in the beginning of autumn in my parents´ allotment club. All the lanterns would be lit the entire evening and there would be celebration.

"Erleuchtung" is more about someone who has seen the light of wisdom.

As for a city named Bärlin. That´s cute. This way the name contains a true bear.

24. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    That’s what I called it in Linza’s Memory Book so I kept the name not knowing that there was a better word for what I wanted. *blushes*

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    "Beleuchtung" is really that light show some folk do with their outside Christmas decoration and "Erleuchtung" is the knowledge that grows inside a person and makes him/ her wiser.

You should go for the ERleuchtung.

:*

Sorry that I did not notice that any sooner! [:D]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Lady_Misty likes this.