main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends DDC 2021 Hi Kiddo

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CaraJinn, Jan 24, 2021.

1. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Author: CaraJinn
    Era: A few years after ANH
    Genre: Family/Hurt/Comfort
    Characters: Din Djarin
    Summary: When the Jedi suddenly appeared Din Djarin was left quite confused and he realised that there were a few things he would have said to his little foundling, if he'd been given the time to do so.

Disclaimer: All the main characters in this oneshot belongs to Disney and I'm very grateful for the work of Favreau and Filoni and all their co-workers for expanding the Galaxy far far away outside the original Skywalker saga.

Author's notes: For those who have not yet seen the TV-show "Mandalorian" you may want to do so before reading this story. There may be some spoilers, especially in the first chapters, which you may want to avoid though I believe most who are interested have seen it somewhere on the internet by now. The entries will be crossposted to FFN and AO3. The letters were created more or less as a response to the ongoing diary/letters seen from Grogu's POV. I realised that Din might have had things he wanted to say as well.

Chapter 1

Hi there Kiddo,

Just what happened right now? In one moment I had got you back from the post-Empirical thugs, or would have if those darktroopers hadn't blasted (or torn us) into smithereens and in the next moment this guy with a green lightsaber kills them all and is whisking you away in just a few moments. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. I don't even know the guy's name. He never said. Or at least I didn't get it. Everything happened so quickly.

I know I swore to take you back to your kind, and I assume he's a Jedi since he had that lightsaber but… I just wanted some more time to say goodbye and prepare you for what was going to happen. Whatever that might have been.

Mando

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= I enjoyed the what was that, it happened so ffast feels. There's an almost I didn't even have time to catch my breath and you were gone sense to the whole incident. [face_thinking]

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh Din! I don't think I was ready for the two to part either! :(

4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Nice companion piece to your first diary. :)

5. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Thanks, yes... I began to think that Mando's voice should be heard too. Writing them in parallel will be interesting indeed as they are meant to be read as standalones at the same time as reading them together should add a little extra to both of them.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  6. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
  7. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Daddy Din writing letters to his little green jelly bean is very cute! [face_love] A great complement to your other story.

8. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 2

Hi Kid,

Guess I didn't finish in my last memo. And I guess I should say "I'm sorry" because I know this has to be very confusing for you. You were expecting to go home, right? Except…we don't really have a home anymore. Didn't…uh…wouldn't… Well, guess we're not 'we' anymore. After the darktroopers took you away the stormtroopers blew up Razor Crest quite thoroughly, so even if the Jedi hadn't come we would have had a problem. The only thing that was left from it was the metal ball you seemed to love so much. I picked it up and stowed it away and I guess I should have given it to you before you left. But then again - everything happened so quickly.

Oh, who cares anyway? You will get a lot of new friends and you will likely have more than enough to do to keep you occupied so you won't miss it at all. I hope.

Surely, you've lived more standard years than I have so you should be used to changes by now and there's really no reason why you should miss me after just a few months together.

I'm sure you will be fine. Right Kiddo? Just fine.

And so will I.

Mando

Jedi Knight Fett and gizkaspice like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb post, as he tries to convince himself each of them will be fine. Not really convinced of that. [face_thinking] =D=

10. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    I'm imagining Mando is secretly sobbing from under his helmet as he writes this and probably glad nobody has to see it! :_|

11. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 3

Hi Kid,

This time I got more than I bargained for. I went out to get you back and came home with…a planet, of sorts. I just wanted to get that darksaber away from you and out of Moff Gideon's hands and now I seem to be stuck with it. Obviously there is a tradition saying that the one who has won the darksaber in combat is the rightful ruler of Mandalore. I've tried to offer it to Bo-Katan in any way possible that I can think of but the woman is incredible stubborn. She right out refuses to take it. So…guess that leaves me as the ruler of Mandalore for now.

It's ridicoulous. It's not even my home planet.

But what can I do? I promised to help her to the throne of Mandalore if she helped me find you, and I have to keep my promise. How could I ever look myself in the mirror and think of myself as a man of honour if I didn't?

I just have to figure out how to get rid of that kriffin' thing when the right time comes. But for now I'm stuck with it.

Suddenly life seems so easy back when it was only you and me, even though we had a bunch of imperials in our wake.

Hope you're doing well and that the Jedi got you safe and sound to your new home.

Maybe I can come and visit you when all this is done and over with?

Just…check in to see that everything is OK with you, little buddy.

That's probably a part of my duty as your protector.

Stay safe, Kid.

Mando

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    You really get the sense he wants to get rid of the crazy artifact and the burden of ruling. :p

I can well imagine Grogu would agree, life was simpler back before. =D=

13. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Mando: I'm just a simple man writing letters to my adorable green baby.

Also Mando: ....guess I'm the ruler of Mandalore now.
    [face_laugh]

Aw, life sure was simpler back then! I think we can all relate to that.

14. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 4

Hi there Kid,

Life sucks right now. With Moff Gideon locked in we're on our way back again, that is…we're going to get rid of him somewhere before we get to Mandalore. Most likely we'll drop him at a rebel base or on Coruscant. I fear that conquering Mandalore will be tough enough without having him in tow.

I leave that to Bo-Katan and her crew. I'm not a politician, nor am I a chief warrior. I've always been working on my own, at least after I grew up and was allowed to leave the covert. I really hate this mess I have put myself in, but then again - I didn't really have a choice. Leaving you with those beasts was not an option.

So here I am, waiting for whatever is going to happen to…well…happen. The sooner I can help Bo-Katan to Mandalore's throne, the sooner I can get away from this and…do what? Guess I have to go back to being a bounty hunter again but somehow it doesn't seem so tempting right now.

I already have begun to wonder whether I did the right thing sending you away with the Jedi. I know the Armorer said I should bring you back to your kind, but you're just a child. Whatever he will teach you might have waited a few years. You should be allowed to be a child first, having fun and playing and…

Yeah, right. That's a life I could offer you? Nope.

You're better off without me kid.

Mando

gizkaspice and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super showing the mixed emotions and second thoughts. [face_thinking] What is absolutely unmixed is the missing Grogu. :D

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Read through all the chapters as this is relatively short. Which I liked a lot. Plus I really like how you can get into the mind of Din and how much he doesn’t want the lightsaber etc. will watch this story with great interest

17. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    A great expression of emotions! And of course we all know Mando needs Grogu as much as Grogu needs him, no matter what [face_love]

18. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 5:

Hi again Kid,

Just wanted to say that we didn't get to wherever you are. Instead we dropped Moff Gideon off on Coruscant where he was met by a patrol of armed security personnel. Am I glad, yes. After what he did to you and probably others too he deserves no less than rotting in jail.

But, well, I had sort of hoped we would leave him wherever the Jedi who took you away should be. I know it was't very realistic to think that but, well, it would have good to see with my own eyes that you've settled in nicely. Not that I fear for you, of course. You belong with your own, but still… It would have been nice.

Oh well, we're off to Mandalore right now and I guess there are busy times ahead.

Be good kid, and do your best in whatever you do.

And don't lift anyone like you did with that mudhorn. You hear me?

Mando

gizkaspice likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice bit of assurance that Grogu is where he needs to be but still missing.

CaraJinn and gizkaspice like this.
  20. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    You better listen to Mango Mando, Grogu! :p

Another great entry; I wonder what will adventures in Mandalore bring.

21. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 6

We're in hyperspace right now and soon we will be entering the Mandalorian atmosphere. It's a weird feeling that I'm going to see the planet I've heard so much about. The planet which in some ways is mine too even if I wasn't born and raised there. I wonder how it will be? And what we will see there? I have not yet determined whether Bo-Katan is just extremely stubborn or if she's outright crazy. It doesn't make sense that our little group can be able to take the entire planet. It just doesn't add up. We're too few.

Right now I'm quite happy that you're not with us, little guy. Whatever we walk (fly) into, will not be suitable for a child, that's for sure. It's better you're safe and happy with the Jedi. Though I wish I could see you one more time, if just for a proper goodbye, as this may very well turn into something of a suicide mission.

You brought so much life to my life little one, and I didn't really appreciate it enough when I had it.

Your…uh…Dad?

gizkaspice likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super post with relief that Grogu isn't going to be at risk in a volatile situation and wondering precisely what they'll find when they arrive.

CaraJinn and gizkaspice like this.
  23. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Adorable as always! And confused Mando is confused about everything as usual [face_laugh]

24. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Our poor hero is indeed struggling with his emotions (and the kriffin' darksaber) .

25. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 7

Hi Kid,

I didn't know what to expect when we approached Mandalore, but certainly not this. I knew the planet had gone through several wars and that some of the Mandalorian clans had their internal fights, but yet… I hadn't expected so much destruction. I know that was stupid because warfare brings nothing but destruction but how can people destroy their own homes like this? There are abandoned buildings everywhere which obviously have been struck by their fair share of cannons and blaster bolts.

It almost seemed like they were too busy trying to kill each other so they didn't even make an attempt on rebuilding what had been destroyed.

But they did find time to ambush us though. We had barely touched ground and disembarked when the first attack came. We were able to fight back and avoided casualties which tells me that despite her rude behaviour Bo-Katan is a skilled leader. She has trained her group well.

It might help that we have better weapons and that we, contrary to our opponents, are not half-starved, though.

I'm really glad you're not here, kid, though we could have used some of those superpowers of yours in the days to come. Bo-Katan has decided that we should aim for the capital right away and I think she's right. This place is a mess.

Stay safe and be happy, kid.

Dad