main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dear Diary [OC, 100 or so ABY, Humor, Dear Diary '07 Challenge] Updated 1/10 - Jedi Babysitter

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rebel_Radio, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Radio

Rebel_Radio Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    Title: Dear Diary
    Author(s): Rebel_Radio
    Timeframe: Beginning of 100 ABY
    Characters: Jaxx Kohl (Jedi Padawan, OC)
    Genre: Humor, not much else... pretty undescribable.
    Keywords: Diary, Secret, Friend, Master, Jedi, Praxeum, Ossus, Security
    Summary: A Jedi Padawan of 15 years old (reluctantly) writes in the diary his master told him to. Follow through a year of humorous adventures!
    Notes: Written for the good 'ol Dear Diary ('07) Challenge.
    Disclaimer: None of Star Wars belongs to me. I only own a few OC's. Without George Lucas, I would probably be a Trekkie. *shiver* In short, Star Wars belongs to George Lucas and not me.

Dear Diary,

Hi, I?m Jaxx Kohl, Jedi Padawan. My Master, Kojo Vraak, told me to keep a diary. I?m 15 years old, with black hair, and I?m tall and thin, too. I still don?t know what to call a diary? okay, so anyway. This holodiary might be checked by Master Vraak, so I?ll keep all my secrets out of it. I?ll probably read his mind tomorrow and see if he?ll check it. It?s not like I have to know the latest gossip at the Ossus Praxeum? is that the right spelling? I?ll run it through a droid spellchecker. Wait, no? they?ll probably report my writings to Grand Master Ben. Security is really tight, all because of Tera last year who printed curse words in her term paper at ten years old, so she got kicked out. Stupid idea, right? Right. Wow, I?m writing in a diary like I would talk to a person. Well, I don?t talk too much, like my friend Saren. She?s a total chatterbox. She?s 14, a little shorter than me, and she has long blonde hair, too. I heard the story of a Jedi named Tahiri, who talked a bunch, and her friend Anakin was really quiet. They were total opposites, like me and Saren. I?m quiet, and she talks more than you can shake a lightsaber at.

I think this entry might be over in a few sentences. I?m building a lightsaber tomorrow, and I?m really excited! I want a green blade and comfortable hilt? okay, I?m out of things to say in this beginning entry.

See ya in half a month,
    Jaxx Kohl

2. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Great first diary entry Rebel_Radio, sounds like Jahx Kohl is gonna' being a an interseting young padawan.

=D=

3. Rebel_Radio

Dec 30, 2006
    Great first diary entry Rebel_Radio!

Thank you! [:D]

Sounds like Jaxx Kohl is gonna' be an interesting young padawan!

I have plans, I have plans. [face_devil] Okay, not exactly that bad... actually, not bad at all. Pretty good, to say the least. [face_dancing]

Thanks for the reply! [:D]

4. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    =D= This looks pretty promising padawan! [:D] It looks interesting too, and nice OC!
    You've put in some promising character traits so far; wonderful!
    Let me know if or when you need help of any kind. I can beta, or help with ideas and post. :)

- Master Cassa [face_peace]

5. Rebel_Radio

Dec 30, 2006
    This looks pretty promising padawan! It looks interesting too, and nice OC!

Thank you! [:D] It took about fifteen minutes to come up with an appearance and personality - personality is really hard when it comes to OCs. [face_thinking]

You've put in some promising character traits so far; wonderful!

Yeah, a lot of my characters are one of the good ol' green-eyed, black-haired guys. Except they're OCs. And this one has light gray/grey eyes. Okay, that's really different.

Let me know if or when you need help of any kind. I can beta, or help with ideas and post.

Thanks! I'm actually a grammar/spelling maniac, but I can be a little short on ideas sometimes. [face_idea]

Oh, and I'll start posting those multi-response replies when this turns into one of those stories that gets a lot of replies, like Completely Yours (A/T for the win!) or Falling For You.

Thanks for the replies so far, you guys! [:D]

6. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Hurray for the promise of humor! This is a great start and your OC is sounding good and cheeky.

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Very nice start. I'm definately ready to read more!

I?ll run it through a droid spellchecker.

Ah, we share so much in common.:p

Exsellent start, and I can't wait for more!=D=

~MJ@};-

8. Rebel_Radio

Dec 30, 2006
    PadawanKayla: Hurray for the promise of humor! This is a great start and your OC is sounding good and cheeky.

Thank you! [:D] He was actually going to be used for my first ever [face_love] story, but I decided to use him for this one.

MiraJade: Very nice start. I'm definately ready to read more!

Thanks! They'll only be coming out at the start of a month and the middle of a month. Sorry. [:D]

Ah, we share so much in common. Excellent start, and I can't wait for more!

Glad to know that, MiraJade! At least someone is a little similar. [:D]

Thanks for the replies, you four! [:D] [:D]

9. Rebel_Radio

Dec 30, 2006
    Okay, a few things:

1. I might, MIGHT, have a PM list.
    2. The entries might be one a month to... more than one a month. I'm feelin' kinda impatient.
    3. I MUST beat the other fics! Constructive criticism, or constructive, or criticism, is WELCOME!
    (^ I know it's just for fun. :p )
    4. Update is hopefully TOMORROW or TODAY!!1!

10. Rebel_Radio

Dec 30, 2006
    Back in black... not. More like in whatever color a secret is.

Dear Diary,

I read Master Vraak?s mind, and he won?t read this thing, since it?s [I]mine[/I]. Good guy, good guy. Well, here I go with the secrets?

I?m in love with Saren, I think.

There, ya happy? I let it out to someone, er, something! Kriff it, I?m starting to think of you as a person. I have to resist the urge, because you?re just a dumb book, right? Right, back to being in Master?s Vraak?s mind. I want to get this entry [I]over[/I] with, and fast. Master Vraak was also thinking about sending me to the Kashyyyk Refugee Camp on some unknown planet. It sounds fun. But guess what?! He was thinking of sending Saren, too! That?d be a dream come true. We would hunt stuff together -- and wow, am I going insane? I just caught myself about to dream up a crazy fantasy, where people were assassins and they tried to kill her and I leaped in to the rescue. I?m going crazy, I?m losing my mind? wow.

I built my lightsaber today, but Master Vraak told me to make two, just in case. He taught me some Form I Jar?Kai. I want to learn Form IV, but he won?t let me. He?s always holding me back in some way! He won?t teach me to levitated fighting (where you use the Force to hover your lightsaber and fight) or mounted fighting! I might be riding a bantha and have to fight, or maybe my opponent has a bunch of claws and could scratch me while I?m fighting! I?m getting ready to use Force Torture in a second here? (is glowering at Vraak)

What else, what else? I wrote a letter to Mom. She was kind of teary, again. I?ll probably open up a cam to her today and see if she?s doing fine. She?ll want to hear all about what I can do?

This entry is officially over,
    Jaxx Kohl, Jedi Padawan

[hr]

Yes, I know what you're thinking - It's turning into a [face_love] story. Heh, I have plans... [face_devil]

11. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

Jul 4, 2006
    Yay! Update!
    Wow, seems he's turning into Anakin with this whole,
    "fall in love with your best freind thing". :p
    Now lets just hope he doesn't die. :mad:

Hehe. Seems like he takes a little after Anakin Skywalker as well, with the minor grudge in this entry.[face_thinking]
    Uh-oh.:p

Great update padawan.:D Your doing fairly well so far. [:D]

- Master Cassa

12. Rebel_Radio

Dec 30, 2006
    Yay! Update! Wow, seems he's turning into Anakin with this whole, "fall in love with your best freind thing".

Yeah, well... I like to take after plotlines, but twists are my best friends.

Now lets just hope he doesn't die.

He won't. Hopefully... [face_devil]

Hehe. Seems like he takes a little after Anakin Skywalker as well, with the minor grudge in this entry. Uh-oh.

Anakin is a cool, cool name. I write like an Anakin. o_O Dunno where that came from...

Great update padawan. Your doing fairly well so far.

Yay, thanks! [:D] So far...? Pfffffft. So far. (Not to mock you, Master. No offense meant, hopefully none taken.)

13. Rebel_Radio

Dec 30, 2006
    Update for the 10th. For anyone who hasn't heard of Star Wars: Legacy, Kol Skywalker is Ben's (Jysella's?) son/grandson.

Dear Diary Dude,

I am now a Jedi? BABYSITTER! Boy, is Kol Skywalker a handful. He?s pretty cute, though. Dark hair, hazel eyes, a few freckles. Most of the time, he watches his holoprogram - [i]Learning Kids[/i]. Then, I fed him. I got this? stuff splattered all over the new apron thing I was supposed to wear. It said [b]JEDI CHEF[/b] on it. So, then, I read him [i]A Short History of the Jedi -For Young Children![/i] and he went to sleep. Whew! What an experience? babysitting a Skywalker. Not to mention, I got tripped by an entire kriffing [i]army[/i] of durafoam blocks. I fell, then caught my foot on the leg of the table and twisted it a bit, somehow. So now I?m sitting with an ice-pak on my foot as I write this. Little troublemaker.
    My sixteenth lifeday was yesterday. Me, Master Vraak, and Saren went out to go get a bite to eat on Coruscant. We ended up at a little restaurant/dance/party kind of place. I had a quick dance with Saren, and my Master watched us, smiling. [i]Young love,[/i] he thought. I nearly - [b]NEARLY[/b] grinned at that one. Really close. Well, now I?m in the next class! Too bad about Saren, though - she?s still in the 13-15 class. I was elevated to the 16-18 one.

Update ya later,
    Jaxx Kohl, Jedi Babysitter

[hr]
    Comments and constructive criticism are welcome. However, tossing your monitor out the window is NOT. [face_tongue]

By the way, the PM list is open for business!

14. Rebel_Radio

Dec 30, 2006
    Double post... okay. Please, explain that to me. [face_thinking]

15. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

Jul 4, 2006

[face_laugh] Of course none is taken! I only said so far because..well..ya never really know. *shrugs* Your only my first padawan and I want to teach you as well as my master taught me...send some pateince my way too...with my first time teaching someone I'm going to need it! :p

Now for your update:

Hehe. Funny! And Lovely! [face_love] :p
    Young love works in ANY post...and your good at playing at your OC's emotions, as well as starting this all out.
    (He got stuck babysitting...how evil![face_devil])

Yay! My first padawan's a good padawan! [:D]

P.S. Sometimes things go a little haywire for a sec. and a double post accidently goes into act. It happens rarely so don't worry about it, and there's no way to delete it so the best thing to do is to just edit it and state that it had one of those...Blonde moments.:p

16. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    He won?t teach me to levitated fighting (where you use the Force to hover your lightsaber and fight) or mounted fighting! I might be riding a bantha and have to fight, or maybe my opponent has a bunch of claws and could scratch me while I?m fighting!

Isn't that the job of a potential Jedi? To forsee possible dilemas!

[face_laugh]

I got this? stuff splattered all over the new apron thing I was supposed to wear. It said JEDI CHEF on it...What an experience? babysitting a Skywalker.

Again, funny stuff. Will Jaxx ever tell Sarin how he feels?!?!
    ;)

17. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    I like this story. It's easy to read and funny !:)

Looking forward to next entries...

18. Rebel_Radio

Dec 30, 2006
    CassaSoloDaughterOfA
    You're only my first padawan and I want to teach you as well as my master taught me...send some pateince my way too...with my first time teaching someone I'm going to need it!

Oh yes... Patience. [face_whistling] O:)

Hehe. Funny! And lovely! Young love works in ANY post...and your good at playing at your OC's emotions, as well as starting this all out.

Thanks! [:D]

...blonde moments.

Yep, that's me. :p

correllian_ale
    Isn't that the job of a potential Jedi? To foresee possible dilemmas!

Could be. Ya never know! :p

Again, funny stuff. Will Jaxx ever tell Saren how he feels?!

If I feel like writing it. Actually, sometime soon. [:D]

master_jade
    I like this story. It's easy to read and funny!

Thanks! [:D]

Looking forward to next entries...

They're gonna be in the works soon.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There might be a period of slow posting because of some dumb science project. (a.k.a. Torture City - Maps for only 1.00$!)

Edited for speeling.

19. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    interesting kid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.