main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I just ran through that part, not killing most things.

Also my new hobby is finding Bungie devs on Twitter and tweeting at them about how much I loved TFS now that I've finished it.

2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I can’t even remember the bit you’re referring to.

I got a little choked up during the cutscene after the final mission, not gonna lie. I honestly don’t know how the could’ve done it better. The only thing I’d change is that Lance Reddick was still able to not only voice Zavala, but see this through to the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Ben and solojones like this.
  3. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I am actually most sad about Lance not getting to experience the ending as a player... But obviously nothing they could have done about that :(

Mustafar_66 and Jedi Ben like this.
  4. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, I had that thought throughout pretty much the whole thing. If anyone deserved to see the end, it was him.

solojones and Jedi Ben like this.
  5. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Me: “Eh, i might just go ahead and buy TFS so i don't hit spoilers.”

My Car: “Hold my battery.”

solojones and Jedi Ben like this.
  6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Noooo stupid cars.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Welp they announced there will be another D2 expansion in 2025. No word on D3 but I'm guessing that's coming too

Jedi Ben likes this.
  8. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Glad to be going back to the Dreadnaught.

As for Frontiers I wonder if that'll see us leaving the solar system and going to Riis or Torobatl? Maybe even Fundament? You'd figure that'd be a prime setup for a D3.

solojones likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Holy hell, I did not expect that at all.

Having done some run arounds doing casual stuff, I decided to give the Shadowkeep quest to take out Omnigaul a go. First attempt ended at the boss, gave it another go. This time I was more mobile, used the environment more but even doing all that, there's an awful lot to keep track of but...

I took it out!

A Strike beckons....

solojones likes this.
  10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Frontiers absolutely sounds like leaving Sol, which yes would be a great setup for D3!

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ok, let's boot up D2....

Nope, I'm not getting in.

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's the launch day for Echoes, the first episode of this year. I like it so far but haven't gotten to the actual new activity.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hadn't expected that to go up so fast after Final Shape, but yeah, that'd do it.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah they had the world's first raid race last Friday. Pretty much had to spend three straight days on TFS, watched the Raid, then played the final mission.

Now Echoes has started.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Did my first Strike run - Scarlet Keep.

Two clan members pitched in on it and it immediately became a masterclass in how to really tear through the place! Which in turn showed how the game can really be and why people keep playing it.

I've talked about doing an epic catch-up for ages, but that does look to have started.

solojones likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Did In The Deep solo!

Didn't expect to, was expecting to be done over by the no respawn zones. The boss fight NRZ was long, three major enemies, with support.

Did not like the chase / escape sequence at all, only just did it.

Now have three Nightmares to kill. Have tried one of them, will definitely need some help on these bastards.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
    solojones likes this.
  17. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I really like that mission, one of the few highlights from Shadowkeep.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The design was both very, very good visually and superbly creepy.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Some of the post campaign stuff in Final Shape has taken me through old missions and things I haven't done in ages, with new dialogue. Highly recommend doing all Micah-10s missions. I'm still working through because there are so many.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    New experience tonight, social gaming with mics.

Did Forsaken with @Mustafar_66 a couple years back before it got vaulted, but didn't have a mic set up - is the DualSense speaker enough for me to hear with? Nope, that was tricky, fortunately, it was more shooting than talking!

Did two, two Nightmares, one left for probably tomorrow. Have 2 of 4 Dreambane armour crafted. I certainly wasn't taking out either solo, too long and intricate a fight. Did do some shameless kiting to avoid getting killed too. For all that I like the story, world design and shooting, keeping track of a boss, its minions and my own position, while all of those are in motion, while also attacking them, is rather difficult for me.

Hugely fun and cool running with the other player over in the US. Which suggests a Q of why I didn't do it earlier? Part of it was probably fear of expectations. Am I good enough to do so? Playing FF XIV has taken the edge off that quite a bit, but it isn't entirely gone.

Lesson of the last few days: Some won't care about how good you are and will help you out regardless.

On the epic catch-up? Looks like the finish line for Shadowkeep might be in sight!

solojones likes this.
  21. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Finished the D4 campaign so onto some D2 catchup.

Apparently i have 2 Witch Queen missions and then im on to Lightfall.

It made me play the TFS intro mission and now I have Prismatic but not Strand which is really weird.

Its definitely out there. I still have like 3 hours of Byfs video to go too.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2024
    solojones likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    One final quest remains in Shadowkeep.

Did the third Nightmare hunt and the essence cleanse with a clanmate plus some other essence quests solo. Those took me to entire sections of the Moon I hadn't found. With one of them seeing me exit by an entirely different exit route. Went in by the Temple of Crota, exited in the Hellmouth, by way of the Gatehouse, which makes an already impressive area even more so.

Of course, I did have to work out how to accept a Fireteam invite! Next is trying out the PS5 voice transcription ability, not sure if D2 does support it but I hope it does.

solojones likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    With some help, Shadowkeep is done!

Beforecthat team-up, I also, to my great surprise, did the next Beyond Light mission. I say surprise because the entire level is a No Respawn Zone! Got to the wall I got to a couple of years past, this time got past it and kept going.

Took me a little while to work out that I was to leg it past Phylaks, shoot some others then keep legging it. Got outside and took a gamble by jumping for the ship and just made it.

Where the game expanded massively was after the end of Shadowkeep, where it drops this huge array of sub-class options. Until this point, I haven't really grasped the class / subclass aspect of D2, nor builds. However, as the game is laying the info out in front of me, the pieces click!

Oh and it also introduced me to timeline missions, which is a rather clever idea. I'll be exploring those tomorrow. Along with lots of other bits and pieces!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
    solojones likes this.
  24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    So you can do voice chat within Destiny if the people you're talking to are on different platforms. But when I play with a fire team, I just do PlayStation voice chat

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    How is one enabled over the over? As the PS version likely has a bit more to it.

Did find the reason for why ithe D2 chst wasn't working as well as it could do - the default volumecwas too low! Fixed that and it's better, but PS chat might be better too.