main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Dex's Dining Options!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Ok did the name get you in here? Well here is the deal. I know that My wife always enjoys it when we go out for a nice dinner and a movie. I'm sure your significant other is the same way. Well sometimes I run out of ideas of where to go. So, here is what this thread is all about.

If you know of someplace in OC, LA or even as far south as SD. That has a nice atmosphere, romantic(or not), good service... You get the picture. Go ahead and post them here. Then when one of us needs an idea for something thats different we'll know what Dex's dinner options are!!! :D

2. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    great idea SRB! i will see what i can find for you.

zhi-don

3. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Great thread, SRB!

On Chapman Avenue in Orange is a restaurant called 'The Hobbit'. Have not eaten there, but over the phone they told me that some meals there can last two hours and more! It's been there for about 30 years, so it must be good to have lasted so long in the same spot (I first heard of this place from a "Leia" I met at a SW con some years back).

My wife and I love to go to The Claim Jumper across from Knott's, at Beach and La Palma. They have a separate drink menu with over 100 choices and the food is always muy fantastico! :D

4. malelesbo

malelesbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    There is a chain of Morrocan restaurants named Marrakesh that I have dined in. I have visited the location in La Jolla, Ca., and I know that there is one in Costa Mesa, and Studio City. Check them out online, http://www.marrakeshrestaurant.com/marrakesh/index.html, it is definitely worth it...

Walking into the restaurant is like stepping right into the movie 'Casablanca'. There are tapestries that adorn the ceilings and walls, and all the servers wear fez hats. You sit on the floor amidst all kinds of little pillows, and feast like you're the Maharaja...Dinner is in like three or four courses and all the food is rad.

It's a bit pricey, but I find any excuse to go there.

5. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Here is one of the best places I know of for sushi and also seafood. The name of the place is Todai. They have on located in the Orange Mall. Its about 25.00 a person, but its an all you can eat seafood buffet with lobster, crab, shrimp, sushi, and much more. Very good food and service has never been a problem there.

6. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Those last two posts got me mighty hungry. Does that Moroccan place have Twi'lek belly-dancers? I'm so there! :D LOL!

The 'Miramar' Chinese/Thai Restaurant on Edinger (just south of Magnolia) in G.G., is very nice, relaxing dining place. Some friends took me there last weekend, and it was fantastic!
    Outside the front door, some people were selling jewelry and Asian good luck charms. I got a little green jug charm (for prosperity) to hang with the Yoda inside my truck for just 2 bucks.

7. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    If you like Italian, check out:
    Sal's Bit of Italy (in Anaheim, at 918 S. Magnolia -- cross street is Ball Road).
    A co-worker brought us one of Sal's deep dish pizzas -- literally the best I've ever tasted! :D

8. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Speaking of Italian. There is a resturant called Peppinos(sp?). Off of Tustin ave and Mayfair area that has excellent food. Its very quaint and romantic also. So its perfect for a date with your wife or significant other. The wait staff is just wonderful! Hope you can take the time and enjoy.

9. malelesbo

malelesbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    This thread is great and is in dire need of upping ^^^...

Sorry. Had to get that out of my system. One of the best things about moving in to a new place is scouting all the local restaurants. I live in Westminster, which has a large population of Vietnamese families that live and own businesses here. Many of those businesses are fabulous restaurants.
    The one I'm pretty regular at is called Au Lac. It's a vegetarian restaurant (I'm not veggie, but my girlfriend is.), that serves "mock meats", or vegetable material prepared to emulate meat. Anyway. It's beautiful food, and you can drop a 20-spot there and feed two adequitely. I recommend the house beverages there, my favorite being a whole coconut carved into a cup shape, with a straw in it. Pure coconut juice, and you can eat all the yummy coconut within!! Au Lac is in Fountain Valley, accross from Mile Square Park on Brookhurst, near or on Heil if I'm not mistaken.

I've also discovered a Japanese cultural shopping center on Brookhurst & Garfield that has a Ramen house called Ebisu. I plan on dining there Friday, expect my post of the place soon.

10. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    There's a good Japanese book store by that Ebisu restaurant called Ebisu Shoten. If anyone's into Manga or Anime, it's a pretty good place to look outside of your local comic shop and Super Collector.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.