main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Diary of a Moisture Farmer; OCs, DDC 2014

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Jan 1, 2014.

1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Title: Diary of a Moisture Farmer
    Author: MsLanna
    Genre: Humour
    Summary: I don't even know

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woke up in the middle of the night because it was 30 degrees*. Frigging winter. Got up to get another blanket. It was full of sand. Gritted my teeth and went back to sleep.

*I mean Celsius, for the Farenheiters among us.

2. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    My only droid broke down today. Sand in the joints. Had to bring it to Toshe station for maintenance. I really should get myself my own repair shop. Still feels like overkill for one droid. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see the bill.

Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    HA HA I'm going to enjoy these!

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! Very much like a Very Secret Diary [face_laugh] =D=

5. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thank you aalagartassle and Nyota's Heart. I hope to keep it entertaining. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saw the bill and changed my mind immediately. Excavations for the building begin tomorrow. Invited Dak, Hel and Ty. They'll help for a few cups of blue milk moonshine. Good thing the distillation is still working. Got sand in the moonshine, though. Will need to filter it out before I can serve that to anybody.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sand in the moonshine? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] The ever-present and annoying sand. :rolleyes: =D=

Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 7

Aug 21, 2006
    Good to see you back with a diary

8. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Of course, Nyota's Heart! Somebody once told the sand got everywhere, so far I haven't seen it shown. :p
    It's likely the only place you'll see me, though, earlybird. I needed something silly to write and this is it. [face_blush]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dug a frigging big hole today. Won't be able to work in it tomorrow because the moonshine shone real strong and I'll be glad if I can walk upright again tomorrow. And there I thought I could do a control walk around the western slope. Oh well, shine on.

9. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Oh dear. Blue milk moonshine. :p The shortness of the journal entries makes them even funnier. Very dry. Sorry! I had to! I wonder what the local laws say about weather puns. It probably involves the Pit of Carkoon.

10. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    *I mean Celsius, for the Farenheiters among us.

For the farenheiters among us, 30 degrees is still cold... Sand getting everywhere, including blankets? Ack!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  11. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Still cold? I guess it depends on your point of view, DaenaBenjen42. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crawled on patrol around the western slope anyway. The evaporator gave the strangest readings. Couldn't find out why, will need a translator. Also painkillers. Painkillers are friends. Fell into the frelling big hole on my way home. Not so sure about the workshop again.

12. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Got my droid back and the evaporator on the western slope fixed. Asked the droid its opinion about the workshop. Got only beeps and warbling in reply. Not very promising. Dug some more hole for lack of something else to do. Maybe I need a hobby. Sand sculptures sound likely, or making glass. Too lazy to look into either, though.

Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Making glass sounds like a good hobby and a great side-business ;)

14. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    I'm really digging this so far! This feels like an actual diary. The lack of details about the author even makes it better. I have to say that I strongly identify with this character.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He is hilarious with his hobbies. Digging holes and all the sand he has to work with.

16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Rumpelstilzchen, habĀ“ ich dich!

*glares at you during an extremly funny skye conversation going on! ;)

Thanks again for bringing THIS thread up. I better read this instead of having gloomy thoughts. Or being stressed out by all the uncertainties in my life. I like your humour, in a brilliant fic like that and during our skype conversations. I am glad having you as a friend. You colour my life and make me wonder how blue milk moonshine tastes, besides being sandy. I am happy to know you, always.

*also hugs earlybird

And thanks to you, too! Van harte bedankt voor je vriendschap! @};-

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AzureAngel2 - you brighten every thread you stop into to read. [:D] @};- [:D]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    * is still skyping with a cute, but tired looking MsLanna

Well, these days the friendship I have are like the crystal phial that Galadriel gave Frodo. And some of those friends, that I also meet in RL now and then, are pretty jolly story writers.

19. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Sorry for not seeing you up there, Kahara. [face_blush] You can make alcohol from anything if you try hard enough. :D And I don't think the weather is a hot topic on Tatooine, there's not much change to talk about, isn't there?

Hi Azure. :D Give me blue milk, and I will make moonshine from it. Promise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invited Ty and Hel over to check the progress and the latest batch of moonshine. Both built their own workshops so they should know what to do next. Things went went until they started babbling about setting up moulds and kinds of duracrete and what that would cost and who would help and which company helped them back in the day.

Gave them moonshine until they shut up. Put the project on ice because finances.

20. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    "Put the project on ice because finances"

I can't get enough of this character. Are we getting any hints about the time this story takes place in or is not important?

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I will get a package of blue milk somewhere...

Anyway, this is fun! :D

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Seriously, this dude could be from the downhome Southern U.S.A. [face_mischief] =D= Complete with banjo [face_laugh] and conversational twang. [face_laugh]

Ewok Poet likes this.
  23. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thank you windu4. Also: yes and yes. :)

Do that, Azure. Lookig forward to the experimetnting. [face_dancing]

Excellent, Nyota's Heart. Playing the banjo might just be the hobby he always looked for.[face_laugh]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got my request to declare my taxes today. Definitely no workshop within the next months. Will likely need to upgrade the unit on the northern border. How do you you even increase your crop on a dustball like this? Heard the Lars' got new units that have a ten percent higher output. Maybe I should visit them. But then they just lost another of their lads to the academy. Wonder how long they can hold young Luke.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cool!! Now that is a strong clue. ;) =D=

Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Not a Lars;) but he is definitely a funny one