main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anyone else actualy believe in the force?

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by ETB, Mar 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ETB

ETB Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    I am a A-Level physics student and a huge Star Wars nutcase. I looked under the concept of the force and I read many books from Einstien and I am convinced that the force does exist. There is hard scientifical evidence pointing to it. You might ask, if that is so, why can't I use the force? AS it stands, outr brain has not yet fully grasped its full potential. I think that the force does exist put in minute forms until our brain can comprehend it.

2. Jedi-Shy-Guy

Jedi-Shy-Guy Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2002
    Im with you all the way & attend a regular service at our local council.
    New comers are always welcome

3. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    Whats the force?????????

:p
    -------
    [image=http://cbg.nohomers.net/images/frames/computer8.jpg]

-Comic Book Guy

4. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    I believe in Chi and I also have a belief that the quantum forces that play around us may perhaps be the real equivalent of the Force. The brain does register quantum reactions but on a very subtle level that we are not consciously aware of. Put two people in a room and monitor brainwaves and it becomes obvious that their brains are communicating on some level - we just can't access it.

5. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I do believe in the force, scientist though I claim to be. It seems to me that like so many of the others in SW who didn't believe in it and thought that those who could use the Force were crazy before they realised the power of the Force, the same applies with many of us - we simply cannot comprehend it.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. ElImInAtEr

ElImInAtEr Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    I belive

7. Jedi-W

Jedi-W Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Wow, the midi-chlorian count in here is off the scale! ;)

Actually I allways felt that the Force as described in the movies has certain similaritys with forces like gravity (and also some other force that I heard about on the TV but can't remeber the name for, but I think is called "love force" or something like that).

As for any of us using the force or connecting with it, according to the movies we need midi-chlorians to link us. Typical, there's allways a catch!

I belive in that we will probably learn more about the laws of physics in the future and also about how to use and control them. Perhaps full use of the brain will open up new horizons too.

8. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    Hey everyone! Hope you don't mind a jedi from the states posting here. I just had to get in on this one.......I do definately believe in the force. It's there. And I do think that we will learn how to use it one day (when we can get to that certain nub in our brain that Luke refers to). Medatation is a big key I do believe. When we medatate, it helps to quite our mind (as Qui-Gon put it). If you let yourself go in your medatation, you can really feel the force around you. We just have to figure out how to use it........ :)

9. Falcone

Falcone Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2003
    o, yeah, it's out there all right, and, belive i do that control it can we, if strugle we do...

10. Talented_Tyke

Talented_Tyke Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2003
    Fancy that! The force? i believe! I also believe my mum's Mara Jade and my father's Luke! Right then. sarcasm reigns first in my vocab. have fun believing in the impossible!

11. michaelt30

michaelt30 Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2003
    Hey, I'm from the U.S. I also believe that we can tap into certain extra powers. I also believe in chikara, the Japanese belief of an invisible power source from deep within your body. I'm surprised and glad to see that I'm not the only one.

12. michaelt30

May 15, 2003
    Have any of you guys from Europe ever had any actual experiences with using the force or controlling chi? I for one have actually learned how to use chi. Some of my friends have also. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever done anything like that.

13. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    I have no experience with Chi, but I know (and practise) Rei-Ki, where the Ki is known as "Qi" , "Ki" , and "Chi", as far as I know.

Knowing that, I see the Force in a different light ...

14. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    It sure is there.

and it makes a very good excuse: "It wasn't me, it was the Force! :eek:"

15. AlrikFassbauer

Apr 2, 2003
    Yes, especially when it falls on the floor. ;) :D

16. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    All I broke is still on the ceiling. And that was The Force: my toy lightsaber....

17. pedroalmeida

pedroalmeida Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2003
    but is it in all of us?

18. AlrikFassbauer

Apr 2, 2003
    I don't really know what you mean ...

If my assumption about what you might mean is right, then I would say : To a certain degree, yes. ;)

19. Damarcus

Damarcus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    Hello,
    Personally I think that beliving in the Force it's totally ekm...bull****.
    It's fantasy. GL is saying that there is no all powerful Force. And he is the creator of SW so i personally think that Jediists (people wich are beliving in force) are like childrens. They have believed in the fantasy.

This is only my opinion.

20. michaelt30

May 15, 2003
    I don't know if it's the same thing as the force, but I DO know chi exists, because I have accidently hurt my friend with it before.

21. Kia-Ruse

Kia-Ruse Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    What happened Mike?

22. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I don't believe in the force as we see it on the movies. But i do believe in a force of the mind. I already experiencied things more than once that put me to the wonder. A more modest force and mainly not a volunteer one.:

- Deja vus and interlinked toughts (the ones that you feel or think of someone exactly at the moment she or he thinked of you and is about to comunicate with you [only to persons to wich you have a strong empaty]).

- Ppl thinking they got medicine and that actually feel and register on the scans has better, while in fact the medicine they took was bogus.

There is a dimension wich i believe exists some how, but we (human kind) still did not fully confirm its existence or even less compreend it, nor will we at any time soon.

But i do not see us as lifting heavy objects with only the power of the mind and similar things. It's a nice dream, and cool to have capacity. Wich i surely would more than like to have, but i do not believe it (as much i would like to) trough the current known science.

Hope to have added an interested post to this subject.
    If you want me to give better detail or examples about the experiences i've refered to had, just say to.

23. CLONE_COMMANDER

CLONE_COMMANDER Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    The Force is that nice hoogies ass in those tight leather pants.........o wait 8-}

24. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] LOL
    Also have that mp3. :p ;)

25. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    I don't believe in the Force, at least not exactly.

I believe there are some people close to one another feeling when there's something wrong with the other. The only case I know about is of a baby feeling something happening to the mother and crying her eyes out (she only cried when she herself was sick or hurt and that wasn't the case), but I also believe that telepathy nowadays is not present in the average human being, despite not setting aside the possibility of somewhere in the future people increasing the use of their brain's abilities. The possibility of telepathy hasn't been successfully refuted by any Physic, by the way.

Telekinesis, however includes breaking a series of laws of Physics, and therefore I don't believe we are or will be able to do that anywhere in the near future.

There are a lot of things that happen sometimes and aren't 'the Force' despite being confused very often with something like it, there are scientific explanations for them. Some of them are some kinds of deja-vus, that have been explained by psychiatrists (one of the half od the brain got the message about, say, a place before the other half and people thought they'd know the place despite never having been there).

Also, the healing oneself case WhiteHorse mentioned is explained by the placebo factor. Yes, placebos are used with people who really don't have anything wrong with them. What happens in some cases is that people have psychosomatic problems and feel symptoms of illnesses they really don't have. There was a so called religious 'miracle' of someone who supposedly couldn't walk and suddenly during a religious mass rose out of her wheelchair and started walking, which could be one of those cases. This is why some people simply need to *believe* they're being healed to be healed and no medication or medical treatment at all is required.

Despite me believing that we can control and feel more things about ourselves and others (using a so called 'Force' if you will), I'm also very aware that most paranormal phenomenons are scientifically explained and in fact very down-to-earth already explained things, and that those not already scientifically explained will be sometime in the future. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.