main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Does anyone else have their "own canon"?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DV-213, Aug 25, 2014.

1. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Troops!

That is actually how I found this website originally all those years ago

Lulu_Mars and Sarge like this.
  2. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015

You are not the only one.

An example: when I'm watching one of the CT movies I can't imagine the stromtroopers as a clones (like so many people likes to think), to me they are just recruits. That's because I grow up thinking they really are recruits and how disappointig was the clonetroopers and AOTC/ROTS movies.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  3. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Actually the clone troopers are the clones of Jango Fett. While stormtroopers are regular beings who joined the Empire.

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i love learning things from wookieepedia and the games. even if they're considered legends and not canon it doesn't matter. it's all make believe. there are no make believe things that are "more real" than any others. it's all so the story team can maintain continuity between films, tcw, rebels and the new stuff from here on out.

i really want to see the conclusion of the force unleashed trilogy. even though it's an alternate universe type of story i found it interesting and they left it on a cliffhanger. they should just complete it now regardless of the story because they can do whatever they want with it and it won't impact the canon. starkiller could do anything. kill vader, boba fett and the emperor. finish the story damn it!

mes520 likes this.
  5. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    I just watched phantom menace again and felt like it has real pacing issues...out of all 6 films it is the one that lacks rhythm and excitement throughout...however I am grateful for the film because it gave us the Darth Bane trilogy...which is what I consider " my episode 1"

I also love how the major events in PM were covered in Darth Plagueis...another one kind of episode 1 in my canon...

Joanne2108 and Force Smuggler like this.
  6. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I've never been much of an EU fan but I really enjoyed those Bane books. Summed up the Sith ideology pretty well I thought.

Iron_lord , mes520 and Force Smuggler like this.
  7. Cartoon Boba

Cartoon Boba Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Put it this way, unless you believe that everything is inevitable then, of course you can have your own 'canon'. Every act of history since 1977 didn't converge just for Lucas to make the prequels and every person who ever had a thought on the films in those days and days since didn't rise up in a unison of approval and then etch those films in a Rosetta stone as a key to all knowledge.

When all is said and done, however, my concept of 'canon' doesn't hinge on curiosity regarding what may have come before or since. It hinges more on pristine moments. 'World building' for me is far to easy to artistically compromise (that's a key to my philosophy in regards to fiction). I see things as self contained entities, the only thing they have in common are thematic approximation but mutual exclusivity (hopefully).

8. Darth Schlotkin

Darth Schlotkin Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 6, 2015
    I owned a Dodge Charger, a Lamborghini Countach and a Jaguar E-type...these cars were the best!
    Not like this modern cars like the Nissan GT-R, the Bugatti Veyron and the McLaren P1! Yes they new ones are far more reliable, much faster, much safer, much more comfortable, handle much better, look better, more aerodynamic, much more technologically advanced, consume less fuel, much more driver-friendly..........I don't like that!

:p:p:p

(btw, joke...love me some Lamborghini Countach & McLaren P1...!:D )

Therefore...2 Emperors? :p

darskpine10 likes this.
  9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    My canon is the films (including changes), TCW, TFU 1 and 2, Republic Commando, Darth Plagueis, Battlefront II.

Rebels can stay far away from my canon.

10. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015
    There are a lot of fans who like to think that the Stromtroopers are still clones.

CoolyFett likes this.
  11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Yes there is but some are fine with both too. Ultimately it's preference. :)

Messi likes this.
  12. Darth Schlotkin

Jan 6, 2015
    :eek::eek::eek:
    You mean Hitler wasn't born looking like this and all-evil?
    [​IMG]
    [face_tee_hee];)

13. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

The monkey looking emperor from ESB was... a decoy? Or that was before his face lift.

Sarge and Force Smuggler like this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Holo call settings.

Sarge likes this.
  15. Darth Schlotkin

Jan 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Holo call settings? Is there an app for that?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    He's the Emperor of the Galaxy for crying out loud. If he wants to send a message with a different face, so be it.

18. Darth Schlotkin

Jan 6, 2015
    Which roughly translates to:
    '' I am the OOT! I am perfection and godliness embodied...the Alpha and the Omega...the Channing and the Mila of the area dykes!
    Hear thee thou unbeliebers who dare as such as to challenge thee...It is I...that must vanquish thee from thyne, therefore I am, I must!
    Hence forth...I shall unleash the memories that kings and princes have died for!''

;) [face_laugh]

And i go...
    [​IMG]

thejeditraitor likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    :rolleyes::oops:[face_plain][face_shame_on_you]
    He has a sense of humor. Let it be.

Darth Schlotkin and Sarge like this.
  20. JarJarAbrams

JarJarAbrams Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2015
    I have my own canon.

Only the movies, the holiday specials, the Kevin J. Anderson books, and Crystal Star happened.

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 26X Wacky Wednesday/23x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    The KJA books do reference previous books and comics though - notably, Dark Empire and The Thrawn Trilogy.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. JarJarAbrams

JarJarAbrams Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2015
    Okay, Dark Empire happened, especially the final part where Palpatine turned into a baby but Han shot first.

Oh, and the Glove of Darth Vader comics are canon too.

I just don't feel Zahn's books are good enough to measure up to these masterworks.

23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    lookameatbag and Iron_lord like this.
  24. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Not everyone that dislikes the TTT is being sarcastic. o_O

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 26X Wacky Wednesday/23x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    It's more the calling of Glove of Darth Vader a "masterwork" that's rarely seen non-ironically.

It's a fun read though- especially for those who love to snark:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-reread-of-the-glove-of-darth-vader.50011595/