main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Chewbacca get to come back in Episode III??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by PeterMayhew, Feb 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chyren

Chyren Manager Emeritus star 5

Sep 30, 1998

:WONKI CHEWBACCI: HOH HOH HOH!!

2. Chyren

Sep 30, 1998
    <VISUAL: Chewie strokes his hair>

3. PeterMayhew

PeterMayhew Chewbacca the Wookiee star 1 VIP

Feb 6, 2001
    Ok guys, I'm gonna email the person you requested and prove to someone in authority that "I'm me"....but really guys, this was tons of fun...thanks for the dialog as I've never done anything like this before.

4. Darth_Holliday

Darth_Holliday Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000
    Please come back right after you send that e-mail. If you really are Peter Mayhew, then we'd all love to talk to you. And the answer to your original post is yes, there is a lot of interest in seeing Chewie back for Episode III.

5. Chyren

Sep 30, 1998

Thankyou very much, Mr Mayhew. Please come back as often as you like. To say we all enjoy your characterisation immensely is an understatement.

6. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    Ok, I happened to know Mr Mayhew's actual email address, and was able to confirm that yes, it would be the real "him".
    Unless someone hacked into his email account, we now have an honoUred guest among us...

Welcome to the Jedi Council, Mr Mayhew!

7. No blasters!

No blasters! Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 14, 2000
    OMG.

Welcome! :)

8. Teemto Pagalies

Teemto Pagalies Jedi Master star 3

Sep 6, 1999
    i agree with no blasters!

9. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    And to answer your question, Mr. Mayhew, there's been a rumour that Chewbacca would be back, but so far, nothing to substantiate it.
    As far as I know, he's not to be seen in Episode 2. Episode 3 script is not done yet. There's hope ;-)

10. Chyren

Sep 30, 1998

<has a geek attack>

This is very awesome. Its not everyday that one of your heros visits your daily forum!

I'd like everyone to officially welcome *the* Peter Mayhew to TF.N forums. :) This will be a day long remembered. :)

All members, please don't swamp Mr Mayhew with silly requests and private messages. If he chooses to continue to post here, please help make his visits fun, and not time spent fending off crazy fans! Cheers!

11. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    Hey Peter,
    Have you read The New Jedi Order series yet...I wouldn't if you still like your character....lol.

12. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Wow. This is very cool. Welcome Mr. Mayhew, its nice to have you here.

13. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    They drop a moon on you... >=P

14. Gen. Madine's Hairpiece

Gen. Madine's Hairpiece Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 1, 2000
    Welcome, Mr. Mayhew. We are so honored. In response to your question: Does Chewbacca get to come back in Episode III??

What do you think?
    Would YOU like him to? How do you see him in the Prequel trilogy? A cameo?

15. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Welcome to our forums, Mr. Mayhew! It is indeed an honOr to have you here.

And now, my question: did YOU actually do that growling?

Vertical

16. -OJ-

-OJ- Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2001
    COOL!!!

Welcome to the forums. :D

17. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    Maybe we could see some more wookiees in the prequel trilogy, maybe in Episode III being enslaved. Maybe GL could have Chewbacca as one of them, just to show the perfidy of the Empire and give non EU fans a bit of understanding of Chewie's background.

Wow, I'm talking to the Mighty Chewbacca. He should never have died.

Mr Mayhew, how did you feel about the Death of Chewbacca?

18. Mr_Boba-Jango

Mr_Boba-Jango Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2001
    Chewbacca died? When? Or is this more of that crazy EU poodoo?

19. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    We'd love to see Chewie back in EP3, simply because it's always fun to see the back stories behind what we all know in original trilogy.

I don't think we've seen anything Official about him being in EP3, but I would expect you to be one of the first to know!

One of the nice things about your character in costume, is that they can't tell you, that you look too old to play the character at a younger age.

20. Darth_Dolza

Darth_Dolza Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2000
    Wow. This certainly isn't something you see every day. How awesome is this?!?

Personally, I'd like to see at least a cameo from Chewie. I don't think it would be that much of a stretch, especially considering we've got Boba Fett in Ep. 2 (if that could be made to work, Chewie showing up could be, too).

LOL @ GIMER... How true...

Thanks for stopping by, Mr. Mayhew!

21. Mr_Boba-Jango

Jan 12, 2001
    Unless, of course, he's a liddle widdy baby wookie in the prequels :)

22. Chyren

Sep 30, 1998

Unfortunately, like the dulcet tones of Mr Prowse inside the plastic helmet, onset vocalisations by Peter Mayhew did not apparently make it to the soundtrack! Chewie's voice is a young 'talkative' brown bear, IIRC.

On the issue of the topic, it still has to be explained *where* Obi-Wan learned to speak Wookiee.

;-)

23. Mr_Boba-Jango

Jan 12, 2001
    My question:
    The Star Wars Holiday Special....after viewing it, were you glad you had to wear a mask unlike Mark, Harrison and Carrie who had to play it with a straight face?

Just kidding :) I actually loved that when I was a kid!

24. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    I leave overnight and come back to see a legend in the forums!
    Man, I need to get on more often.
    Great to see such a legendary SW actor with us!

25. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I think it's a possibility that Chewbacca could come back for SW3. After all, we saw several delegates from Kashyyk in the senate during SW1.

ILM could easily make Mr. Mayhew's* costume look younger, too. Only 170 years old. ;) Shorter hair, maybe. I'm just guessing here, but the older Kashyyk delegates all seemed to have much longer hair than Chewbacca, and Chewie's own hair seemed to get longer as the original trilogy progressed.

Furthermore, I don't think that Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi character would interfere with a Chewbacca "comeback." I agree with Chyren that it should be established how Obi-Wan learned to speak bear cub. Alec Guinness doesn't have any lines in SW4 that indicate to the audience that he's meeting Chewie for the first time. He merely has a short conversation with Chewie and then introduces him to Luke. That short conversation could easily have been a reunion for them.

"Hey, Chewbacca! Long time, no see! How's the wife and cubs? ...What's that? You're a co-pilot now, eh? Rock on with yer bad self!"

:)

*(That reminds me... how do you prefer to be addressed, Mr. Mayhew? Is it okay if we call you Peter?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.