main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Episode 3 get better after every viewing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by poker, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    the 8th time I saw it it got way better! its like so good. like cheese.

2. -ChewieLewie-

-ChewieLewie- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    After the 2nd, 3rd and 4th time yes. But the 5th I saw in digital and noticed house cartoonie some of the effects looked. Still one badass movie tho

3. jedivik

jedivik Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Saw it for the 4th time today. Each time the movie has gotten better and better. I'm noticing a lot of people here saying that after 4 times it drops off a little bit. I'll have to see about that the next time I go see it.

4. namnlos

namnlos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Seen it 8 times - still the joint best Episode - it's be ahead of RotJ for me if it wans't for the scene of Anakin's redemption and the build-up to it when Luke beats Vader into the ground and nearly strikes him down in his hatred and anger.
    Of course, as RotS has made those scenes even more amazing, then maybe it really is the best of the 6 ;)

5. millenniumteacher

millenniumteacher Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2005
    I know what you mean. Somehow when Sidious delivers that line it's a bit too much like "Darth ... hmmm, let me see. I know ... Vader" like he's just picking a cool sounding name out of the sky. Minor quibble though. Like I say, instant classic!

Thats funny you mention that. I figured Sids had a list of names (you know like weather guys keep for hurricanes) and just crosses them off one at a time. "Hmmmm, lets see I used Maul, Tyranus, next is Vader"

6. red5jedi

red5jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 1998
    Episode 3 does get better when you view it more than once!

However, over the years I've even brainwashed myself or pulled the "Old Sith mind trick" and have even convinced myself that Episode 1 is a brilliant masterpiece! LOL ;)

7. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    I couldn't belive how fast the movie went
    for me when i saw it, its like i saw the opening
    space bettle, then i saw "the duel", and it was
    over. I loved it. I was in awe.

To me, every star wars movie gets better
    with more viewings... well, except TPM.

8. Darth_Insanity

Darth_Insanity Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 4, 2000
    "I enjoyed it the first time. I was not so thrilled on my second viewing. I do think that ROTS was the best of the prequels, but I am glad Star Wars is done."

My sentiments exactly.I've seen it twice and the second viewing was a struggle.I'm happy to wait until November for the dvd to give it another go....but i'm glad this whole thing is over now.

9. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    How in the world is REVENGE OF THE SITH
    "not the best of the prequels"??!!??

10. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Seems to me like you can only really process what's happening in chunks the
    first few times. I caught myself just struggling to watch the events rather
    than process them. The story and film itself are just too dense.
    When's that DVD coming? Need some frame x frame action.

11. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    Episode 3 does get better when you view it more than once!

However, over the years I've even brainwashed myself or pulled the "Old Sith mind trick" and have even convinced myself that Episode 1 is a brilliant masterpiece! LOL wink

That's because it is a brilliant masterpiece although not as much a masterpiece as SITH. I have seen the film 9 times already and it does get better every single time and that is saying something when I said it was as perfect as a film could be upon my first viewing. This is the greatest Star Wars films without a doubt and it makes the OT so much stronger and sadder. I will never watch the original film with the same childish eyes again. Now that film is so sad and Obi Wan's death is of course even sadder than it was. And just looking at Vader you see Hayden and now that you know his true intentions for turning (Padmé), I feel sorry for him but at the same time you hate the guy for doing what he did and for what he is about to do (e.g kill Obi Wan). SITH is by far the greatest film and it does gets better every time you see it.

12. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Yes. Yes it does. I've seen it four times, and it gets more emotional for me each time. I think one thing that Lucas hasn't really been given credit for is the epic shift in tone from beginning to end of the film. I can't think of any other Star Wars film (or many movies full stop) that manage to go from such a fun and light-hearted first act into the very depths of emotional darkness before ending with faint optimism. Watching the comraderie between Anakin and Obi-Wan in the opening battle (or even the romantic scenes with Padme and Anakin after that) becomes so much more tragic after you've seen what happens later. It almost feels like two separate films, but Lucas connects them beautifully.

13. Darth_Somebody

Darth_Somebody Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2004
    well, the second time wasn't quite as good for me. there wasn't one specific reason; i noticed a few more cornily delivered lines ("how did this happen? we're smarter than this!" bugged me this time and i didn't notice it the first time), and the pacing of the first half seemed off to me the second time (i sorta thought that the first time too, but i figured out why i felt that way: oddly timed scene cut-aways). i think the main problem at my second viewing though, was that i got to the theater early, bought a medium coke (which is actually a really big cup, believe me) and basically drank the whole thing before the previews even started. needless to say, i was uncomfortable for the first hour or so until i finally went to the restroom in the middle of the movie. that may be why i had more problems with the first half than before. the last half, though, is undoubtedly brilliant. i'm not sure what i think of the whole movie though; i know i like it, but i'll need to see it a third or fourth time to decide if i like it more than ROTJ and maybe even as much as ANH.

edit: i forgot to mention, the second time i nearly cried when anakin was about to slaughter the younglings, and a few other times. i've never actually cried during a movie, so this is significant. i think i only came close to tears once the first time.

14. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    Quite so my friend, quite so.

15. SEPARATESICKLEROOK2

SEPARATESICKLEROOK2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    Star Wars is the only set of films that I watch at least 12 times each in the theaters and at least two or three times a month in succession. On the big screen you can analyse every shot down and burn them into your brain, such will last your memory a lifetime. But for the first time I have noticed that the theaters i have been seeing it in have been fooling around with the sound. opening night I went to a theater with supposed "all digital sound". They lied obviously because everyone was going "shhh!" so we could hear the opening space battle. i could have killed someone. And now that I have found better theaters to see it in, I've noticed that now that the movie's been out a few weeks that they are moving it into rooms with terrible sound. Star Wars is supposed to be deafening. Aside from all that, this movie has the most stuff going on in it that IMO you must see it many times to digest it all. And though i love it, it makes me sad because i believe when George says there will be no more films. I could cry. I have been anticipating the films each and every one my whole life. The only movies I have to look forward to now are the Chronicles of Narnia and hopefully The Dark Tower (but even those aren't as good as Star Wars).

16. Jedi_in_Love

Jedi_in_Love Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2005
    It gets better for me . Opening night at the midnight showing I was all excited and a little tired but knew I loved it . The 4 times since then I always notice some sound effect or detail I hadn't noticed before. I thought I would be burned out by now. I'm not though everytime I see RotS I want to see it again.

17. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    And though i love it, it makes me sad because i believe when George says there will be no more films. I could cry. I have been anticipating the films each and every one my whole life.

There's still plently of SW to look forward to! First, all 6 episodes will be converted to digital 3D and released beginning in 2007. Around that same time, there will be the SW live-action tv show (for adults) and an animated series (for the younglings). And don't worry about the tv shows-- GL will be involved so you can be sure they will be of the highest levels of quality.

There's lots to be excited about if you're a SW fan!

18. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    1st few times, got a little better, picked up a bit more of the plot, gawked at a few special effects, and right about then you realize there's nothing left..
    ..opennly superficial movie, runs out of new stuff to notice after the first few veiwings, then you're stuck looking at what you've already seen, and it wears off..
    ...the little things that you tolerated becasue of the 'coolness' factor start to get annoying, the cg starts to get tiresom and cartoon like, and the whole thing starts to look like a giant demo reel for ILM..

even the CG, the good thing, the strong point, the point no one can argue agaist, starts to look..... no body kill me here.... old! face it, ROTS has been out for almost a month now, and in that time other movies are still being released, and cg becomes outdated ten zillion timnes as fast as 'cutting edge', so like parts of EP I and EP II, the cg is already looking a little shallow compared to other summer movies

19. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    agree with noojedi but i still quote lines and stuff from the film than other films i've seen recently. it would probably be more rewatchable if the film wasn't in such a rush to get where its going. personally i wouldve liked a little more philisophy from either palpatine or the jedi

20. sithlord168

sithlord168 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2005
    episode 3 is film of the year in my opinion.i could watch it 20 times and never get bored of it!
    :D

21. Anni_Padme

Anni_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, I've only seen it twice myself - I know, shocking! But no one else is as much of a Star Wars nut as me, therefore I have no one to go with. However, first time I saw it? I loved it, but I wasn't sure if it was the best of the saga. Second time? I was convinced. The second viewing made it seem that much more phenomenal; that much more compelling, emotional and tragic. Everything was bigger and better, and not to mention the corny bits you know are coming and are prepared for seem less corny second time around. So the answer is an emphatic yes! And I can't wait to see it a third time (if I find someone to go with that is).

22. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    What films have better CGI than ROTS?

23. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Does Episode 3 get better after every viewing?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    What films have better CGI than ROTS?

None.

Also, for me, ROTS has gotten better on each subsequent viewing.

If the corney lines like "We're smarter than this!" bother you, then you've been watching the wrong saga.

"One thing's for sure, we're all gonna be a lot thinner"
    "We ran into some old friends"
    "Look Sir, Droids!"

25. THX-1138_biggs

THX-1138_biggs Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2003
    Seen it 10 times and DYING to see it again!!!

Revenge is a masterpiece.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.