main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dooku's Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by RKMeibalane, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedipadawanjoe14

jedipadawanjoe14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2005
    i have a differnt issue with dookus saber...when ani cuts off dookus hands...dookus saber does something weird..it appears as if its fallen down but then we see it going up and ani grabs it..it just looks wierd

2. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    It's called 'Force Pull' ;)

3. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    The thing on Yoda's belt is definitely a Jedi Communicator, not a saber.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I think what was supposed to happen is that when Anakin cuts off Dooku's hands, he uses the Force to summon the saber to his hand. But we just see a close-up of Anakin, thus we don't see it sail up overhead to land in his hand.

5. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Anyone notice that when Anakin deactivates the 2 sabers they start and stop at the exact same time?

6. haydenlover92

haydenlover92 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2005
    I think that after killing dooku and it not being the jedi ways he just through it down.

7. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    [face_laugh]

8. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    he keep his Lightsaber, but this is different as he never lost his robe in the book, like he does in the film. Lucas added the shot of it falling away to show why he's not using it in TESB.

But Yoda gets a robe by the time hes on Bails ship. A lightsaber is more important than a robe to a jedi, so if he got a robe, surely he would have gotten another saber.

9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Bail probably had a spare robe. Yoda didn't take the time out to build a new Lightsaber, if you go by the films. Where he was going, he didn't need a Lightsaber.

10. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Bail probably had a spare robe.

What are you suggesting? I know Bail is close with Yoda but.... [face_whistling] maybe Yoda left a robe and toothbrush at Bails apartment ;) . it's just a continuity error. hardly worthy of a search for deeper meaning.

11. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    Bail probably had a spare robe. Yoda didn't take the time out to build a new Lightsaber, if you go by the films. Where he was going, he didn't need a Lightsaber.

Nah, I cant buy that Bail would keep a spare jedi robe in Yodas size in the closet of his ship. :p Most likely after picking up Yoda, they went back to the jedi temple, which was unprotected at the time, and got the robe, saber and other goodies he would need for exile. Just because Yoda didnt use one in the OT, doesnt mean he didnt have a lightsaber. He also must have picked up his favorite flashlight, but forgot the big pile spare batteries he got on sale, which then drove him nuts over the years. That would explain the scene when he first met Luke. :p The flashlight was a badly needed item on Dagobah. :D

12. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Why would they go back to the jedi temple???:confused:
    More than likely they picked up everything when they were there the first time. (after they changed the homing signal)

13. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    He's smooth.

!snap

14. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    Why would they go back to the jedi temple???
    More than likely they picked up everything when they were there the first time. (after they changed the homing signal)

Because we didnt see Yoda carring a backpack when he went into Palps office, nor did Obi-Wan have one when he snuck onto Padmes ship. :D Of course, if they could forsee the future as well as has been claimed, they should have. :p

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Actually, the droids put Obi-wan's robe on the Skiff. If you look closely when Obi-wan is heading towards the ramp, after the duel, you can see that his robe is no longer lying there. That's how he got it back then. Now, before that going to the Temple, it seems likely that Bail had one on the Tantive. Or they stopped off somewhere and got one.

I don't think they went back to the Temple, since the team that was there would've been discovered by then. A few hours have passed since they returned home.

16. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Ah, but the Tantive IV was parked at the Senate landing platform - Yoda could have dropped his stuff off while Palpatine was finishing off his big speech.
    Yoda could then have spoken with Bail on the way out, telling him to stay handy, and that he would be contacted should Yoda run into trouble, and that he has stashed a few changes of clothes on his ship for Obi and himself.
    Yoda then sneaked into the bowels of the Senate building to face Palpatine...

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That's possible. But it assumes that Yoda even bothered to pack a change of clothes. Yoda doesn't strike me as the type to do so.

18. TC-47

TC-47 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2005
    Wow, I wonder what Yoda smelt like when Luke found him? Mabey like [face_pig].

19. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    well since where all forgetting the point of the topic i'd say yoda propaply knitted himself a new robe, i mean all that time on dagobah he had to do something.;)

20. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Why would he be carrying a backpack into Palpatine's office? You need to remember that When Yoda and Obi-Wan go back to the temple to change the code, everyone is meeting in the Senate, they probably only had to go through a few clones (I say "few" as opposed to how many were there earlier) so chances are once they finished off the clones at the entrance, they had time to pick up a few changes of clothes, a few extra canes, lightsabers, jedi info....etc. but by the time Yoda goes to confront the emperor it's later that night....so he had plenty of time to put some things in Bails ship. And we know for a fact that Yoda and Bail saw each other in between the time of the senate meeting and his confrontation with the emperor because they were able to work out Yoda's "emergency exit" if things didnt go right.

But also remember that Luke is said to have gone back to Kenobi's home after his death and picked up some jedi info (I heard this is how he learned how to build his own lightsaber) so if Obi-Wan had jedi items in his Tattoine home (and we know he did, because look at all of that crap he had with him when he was riding that camel at the end of ROTS) he had to have picked up some things from the temple.

Who in their right mind would go "home" after something like that, and NOT grab some necessities??

Yoda faced the emperor and lost his robe AND his cane,but he has another one of each at the end of the movie, now I seriously doubt that Bail would have these things on his ship.o_O

After the Senate Meeting but before each of their confrontations they more than likely stored some items on Bail's ship.

(Obi-Wan's trunk in ANH was probably full of jedi artifacts....and as far as Yoda goes, we dont see his ship in the OT but that doesnt mean he doesnt have it.;))

21. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    I just watched ROTS last night and Anakin drops it. He has a look of disgust on his face from killing the Count. If you listen carefuly you can hear it hit the floor, it's not very loud but it is there.

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

True. I had forgot about Obi-wan's stuff. Though I should make note that it could very well be supplies that Obi-wan got in Mos Eisley. Obi-wan did keep a book about Lightsaber construction, keyed to the twins fingerprints so that only they could open it, aside from him. And he did keep information about the Outbound Flight project, which Leia finds in "Tatooine Ghost".

23. Lord-Scith

Lord-Scith Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2006
    I always assumed he just left it.Seems like they would want it for some jedi museum or something.

24. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Robes, robes and more robes.

Would it help this thread get on topic if I said that I hate Count Dooku's lightsaber?

I think it look's rediculous! *gasp*

[image=http://www.xscapesprops.com/star%20wars%20props/dooku.jpg]

25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Why? It helped Lee as he perfered a curved handgrip. And it's based on an actual weapon. A Filipino barong sword.

[image=http://www.ronbalicki.com/images/cold_steel/barong.gif]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.