main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "Drive-In" Night: A New Hope- Saturday, May 28th, 8 pm

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Now that we finally have the bridge to span the 28-year gap, let's go back and start the OT! And what better way than to watch them in the way they were meant to be seen....

On the big screen!

Join us this Saturday night at dusk as we watch Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope on our 26' wide x 13' high outdoor screen, complete with digital projection and dolby 5.1 digital surround sound.

Check out our website at www.suspiciousmindtrick.net for more details, including directions to the event.

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    TIMAX!!!

TimHX!!!

3. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Let me know if you need anything, help or whatever!

4. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    :D Can't wait!

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Kevin: Of course I need help.

Oh, you meant that kind of help.

6. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Some of the Nashville folks said they'd like to come to town to see a digital showing of ROTS. I told them they ought to catch an early showing out at Cordova and then head on over and catch ANH with us. I told them I'm sure we'd have folks here that wouldn't mind seeing ROTS again- especially in digital.

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    They don't have digital in Nashville?

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Nope- guess not. Sounds like Memphis or Birmingham is the closest for them- and Memphis is the only one showing ANH in TIMAX!

9. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    I'm going to at least see ROTS twice this weekend, gotta keep it alive, gotta keep the hope of beating Titanic going for at least another week. Seeing ROTS then ANH in Timax would be pretty cool.

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'd love to be able to catch it again before seeing ANH this weekend. Sal called me today to see if I wanted to see it this afternoon, but I was busy following Bill Murray around at the FedEx St. Jude Classic.

11. Zanthex

Zanthex Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    I was sitting next to Sal and he was looking up showtimes for tonight to go. I work the opposite shift he does or I would have gone with him tonight. I too want to see ROTS again before ANH this weekend, so I think I might try to watch it tomorow night.

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Tim- you were at the FESJC? You didn't see Kevin? He actually got Bill Murray to sign his Ghostbusters movie poster. He's just got Harold Ramis to go- unless you want to consider Rick Moranis, and I know he wouldn'd mind getting Annie Potts and Sigourney Weaver's, too!

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Yep. I talked to Kevin yesterday afternoon about it. There was a crowd of about 400 people between us the entire time, I guess.

And I didn't think that an autograph was what Kev really wants from Sigourney Weaver.

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    It's one of the only things he can get since the restraining order...and he'll have to get that thru her lawyer!

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, well. He's going to get screwed by a lawyer anyway.

I'm anxious to see how this weekend works out. I'm experimenting with the TimHX sound. I'm hoping we can boost things a bit, especially in the center speakers. The dialogue has always been a bit too soft.

16. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Oh, well. He's going to get screwed by a lawyer anyway.
    ====================

Now THAT'S what I wanted from Sigourney Weaver...

17. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok, I'm gonna post this because of what I experienced at the last Drive in night.

"We reserve the right to talk to the screen and make fun of the movie as if you were on Mystery-Science Theatre 3000. While we love the movies we show, we aren't beyond making fun of them. Our screen, our rules. Just think of it as being just like seeing a horror movie at the Raleigh 6. (For those of you that aren't old enough to remember the Raleigh 6, ask your mom or dad what we're talking about.)
    We reserve the right to make bad jokes and have a good time."-excerpt from the old book of our freakin policy!

So....on that note, those who attended the drive in night and felt as if they had a "Noise Monitor" badge hanging arround their neck....refer to our group policy.(as Seen above)
    Honestly, if you havent seen the Star Wars Movies yet, I'll give you some money to rent the DVD's so you can sit in silence at your home and watch them.

If noise is an issue for you....very simple....don't come.

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    My house, my screen, my rules! :p

SMT Event Policies

And it's not like we've seen these movies 1000 times before. Drive-In night is not just a movie thing. It's a party thing.

Thanks for warning folks, J!

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    See everyone tomorrow night!

And TimHX will be getting a major boost tomorrow night! I don't think we'll have any problems hearing tomorrow.

20. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    I'm experimenting with the TimHX sound. I'm hoping we can boost things a bit, especially in the center speakers.

What's that? Tweaking electronics equipment? And you didn't invite me????
    :(

-Joe (just ask Gina about me "adjusting" the TV)

21. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    hey tim, is there any chance we could show the smt Comp USA movie on TIMAX tomorrow night or are you too embarassed of us :p? i'll bring it with me if i don't see an answer before i go, just in case.

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We can show it, but it'll have to be after the SW showing. It's just that the projector has to be adjusted because we'll be going from a 2.35:1 to 4.3:1 aspect ratio.

I'm not over-enthused with it, to be honest, but if everyone wants to see it, we'll show it.

23. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Hope everyone had a blast. I ended up spending some time with my parents down at the campgrounds then taking my brother, who was back in town for the first time in a while, to see revenge. It's hard to stay away for those 10:30 showings. Don't know how i made it through the midnight showing. Musta been adreneline. I've seen revenge twice this weekend, i think i've done my part towards beating titanic in the box office, at least for the weekend.

24. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Sorry we missed it last night. Work/personal conflicts arose again.
    Hope everyone had fun and didn't get too many bug bites.

-Joe

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Last night was an absolute blast, everyone. We watched movies until 3 am thanks to our little unscheduled addition to the line-up.

There's a possibility that we may be watching ESB next weekend. It all depends on our sister FF chapter in Arkansas. Several of them were talking about coming to Memphis on Saturday to see ROTS in digital. If they do, and they want to stick around, we'll do a special showing just for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.