main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "Drive-In Night IV"- May 22, 2004- 6:30PM

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Now that we have our date nailed down, we need to start planning this a little further.

I was informed today by my sister that she's planning on having her daughter's birthday party that day, so I may be running down to the wire that day, but I'll have things ready. Considering Traci's work schedule and other things we have going at or around that time, I'm not going to move the date, unless of course God decides otherwise and makes it rain! If it rains, we could try for the following Saturday, or put it off until the second Saturday in June.

I've posted a place where we can vote on which movie to watch. Unfortunately, I screwed up twice while trying to post the poll, so please vote in the one labeled "The real poll".

Somehow I can't recall what movie we watched at "Drive-In Night II". I want to say that we watched TPM, but I really can't remember. I tried going through thread history a couple of times to find out, but I can't find the original thread. I'm starting to think that some admin deleted it instead of locking it. If we already watched TPM, then I think we should go with ANH, ESB, or AOTC.

As far as pre-movie activities, I think we should at least try and do a SW Trivial Pursuit game, as was suggested before. As far as a cookout or something, as long as it's no big ordeal, it's fine with me. Let's keep it all as simple as possible. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please shout them out here.

2. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    I'm there to help in any way you need me to. We definately need food and drink. At least burgers and chips and macaroni or potato salad. That would be a simple cookout. I can bring anything food and pop wise we need. I vote for the above.

Chuck

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Just voted in the poll.

Let me know when you want to try and put the screen together and I'll help. I can also come over early and help set up the night before and/or day of, so just give me a yell. I've got a few camping chairs I can bring. Will we need anything else other than food/drinks?

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I think I have two full cases of Root Beer and Lemonade out in the storage building, meaning we'll still need other canned drinks. We could grill the old stand-bys, or do something different.

Please note that the time has changed- The start time has been pushed back to 7:00 pm. Traci and I will have a birthday party to attend that afternoon, so we've had to push things back an hour. I hate to hurry things, but that may be unavoidable. If things work out, I'll move the time back to 6:00 pm, but I don't see that happening.

I will definitely need help assembling the frame the weekend before, and will need help attaching the screen that morning. (Gotta attach the screen while it's laying on the ground and then stand the thing up. Then I have to anchor it to the ground, so I'm going to need a few extra sets of arms.) Also, I'll need technical help with setting up the A/V equipment that evening, so any volunteers would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone wants to see the basic design of the screen frame, check it out here.

I do still want to try and squeeze in a trivia game beforehand if there's time. We may have to, as usual, play it by ear.

5. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    I'll be glad to come by early and help out

John

6. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    We can move it Tim, [face_worried]. It sounds like you guys have that day pretty tied up. June is fine with me. Believe me, I think when the day comes, you'll be glad you moved it up, out, whatever. Is the party in Fayette County? If so, you should definitely move it. :)

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Rhonda: I already talked with Sharon about that night, and we'll have it all worked out. I'll get as much as I can done that morning, the party will be early that afternoon, which would leave us free that evening. Traci and I have already figured it all out, so no worries.

Don't worry about everything! Nothing will be alright, OK?

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Tim, if you'd like I can help that morning and slide back by a bit later that afternoon- maybe about 5 or 6pm and get chairs, cooler, and such set up. Since we'll be close on time, we should probably not even worry with the grill and just have folks bring a dish or snack and something to drink.

K.I.S.S.

9. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    I have the paper towels!! :)

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    The movie won't even start until about 8 or 8:30, so we should have time to grill and eat. I can cremate, er.. I mean cook burgers pretty fast in mass quantities, so it really wouldn't take long to cook. I can fit about 20-25 burger patties on the grill at once, and they only take about 6-10 minutes to cook. If we stick to burgers and dogs, we should be fine.

Or we could all chip in for pizzas. I'm easy.

Lin: I'd appreciate the help. You made me remember something that I need to remind folks of: Everyone needs to remember their lawn chairs, blankets, and bug spray! I need to update the website with that bit of info. Oh, and please tell Antone for me, and Bev, too.

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Not a problem. I'll send out an email or call them.

Burgers and dogs are cool with me if it's not too big of a hassel for you. Chips and drinks are easy to have folks bring, too.

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah, and that way we won't need much of a menu, and I can buy a box of burger patties that would feed an army at Sam's for 10 bucks. (Tim cheap. Cheap bear happy.)

OK, Rhonda and Traci tossed an idea my way tonight: They suggested we do all Star Wars films in order starting with Episode I and working all the way to ROTJ. The only film they seemed to want to keep was Sleepy Hollow (because it would be great for Halloween.) They felt that we could possibly draw in some new members by sticking with our genre.

13. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    Not bad, Not bad....You supply the movies, I supply the sodas....and we'll take the credit 50 / 50!!!! LOL I couldn't resist. Sounds like an idea Traci and Rhonda...it makes sense dont ya think ?

John

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "They suggested we do all Star Wars films in order starting with Episode I and working all the way to ROTJ."

I've got no problem with it, but isn't that what we did last year? Why don't we just start with SW ANH, then do other flicks that have something to do with SW- like Indy, AM Graf, Sleepy Hollow, etc.? We can always show a SW fan film or cartoon before the main feature. I think we kicked that idea around.

I'm good for whatever. I'm just looking forward to checking out the big screen and hanging out again!

15. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    "They suggested we do all Star Wars films in order starting with Episode I and working all the way to ROTJ."

I've got no problem with it, but isn't that what we did last year? Why don't we just start with SW ANH, then do other flicks that have something to do with SW- like Indy, AM Graf, Sleepy Hollow, etc.? We can always show a SW fan film or cartoon before the main feature. I think we kicked that idea around.

I once watched TPM, ANH, ESB, and ROTJ at the cinema. Ye gods!

By the end of the day, I could not feel my arse (and no funny remarks!).

And speaking of SW fan films, I must bring the Geordie SW dub over next time. Heh.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Feedback is good, folks. Tell me what I need to know, and what I need to know is what y'all want out of this. After sleeping on it, I really would rather stick with doing several non-SW films for the series, or at least a few. I know Rhonda and Traci aren't overly interested in seeing non-SW films on the big outdoor screen, and I understand their sentiment about keeping to our genre. So, if anyone feels as they do, I would love to hear it from them.

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Like I said, if we start off with ANH and then keep to movies that have a SW tie-in we could quite possibly keep everybody happy, well, most everybody, ok, maybe some...oh, fine- I'd be happy!

Seriously, I'm just lookingforward to kicking back with a burger and plenty of bug spray!

Oh, and 'Sleepy Hollow' on the big screen will rock!

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And leave it to me to get the conversations in this thread and the Summer Film Series thread mixed up and jumbled. I'm hijacking it and taking the listing over there.

19. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    I like Traci and Rhonda's idea...keep with the genre........and bring plenty of FX sabers for everyone :)

John

20. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    I'm good either way. I just wanna hang out with ya'll and have a good time. The movies are secondary. But I do like the idea of keeping it to the theme, especially if there are new members there.

Chuck

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Alrighty then, folks. Do we want to throw some burgers and such on the grill next Saturday or fend for ourselves? If so, Traci and I could supply the grill and the meat if we could get others to bring the fixins, chips, sides, and drinks. Whatchall think?

22. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    I can bring plaenty of fixings...a few bags of chips and plenty of cokes and what not to drink. I'm up for whatever just lemme know!!!!

John

23. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    *taps fingers and looks about all strange* I dunno where to begin...this is all your Fault Tim....

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    My fault, Jay?

OK.... You're right. It's all my fault. Drive-In Nights.... Famine....Natural Disasters.... War.... Donald Trump's Hairstyle.... Pauly Shore's Movie Career....

Thanks, John. Anybody else wanna cook out?

25. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Im John? What the hell!!!!! *in Obi-wan Voice* "You havent learned anything Tim!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.