main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph DuckTales (2017)

Discussion in 'Community' started by TiniTinyTony , Feb 25, 2015.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Watched the finale- wow, really nice capper to the season. Not the strongest episode of the season but satisfying enough. Magica was creepy enough in her design and the black shadow oozing out of Lena's eyes was kinda gruesome for a Disney Channel show. Like how Webby got to unload on Magica for awhile and Louie had my two favorite gags- him being held back by the other boys while in a divesuit to go after the scepter and his mumbling of his fullo name after pronouncing the full names of his brothers in the letter.

Frustrating that a Disney Channel bug appeared on the screen for the exact length of time needed to cover up some of Manny's stomping subtitles, heh.

The Last Crash of the Sunchaser preceding it was a surprisingly great episode though- it starts off so silly and light and felt disposable but then hit that emotional crux with Dewie's obsession over finding the truth about his mom and everything with Scrooge related to that. Impressive that the show handled that arc in tone so well.

TiniTinyTony and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

That was really funny.

[face_laugh]

Chewgumma and Juliet316 like this.
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Cool that we got a Season 3 announcement. How about a Season 2 announcement?

Well, good news, it appears that Ducktales returns in three weeks on Saturday, October 20! Life is like a hurricane.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Juliet316 and The2ndQuest like this.
  4. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    So we got 6 episodes of Season 2 between October 20th and Dec 1st and they're most likely taking a winter break. Last Christmas was particularly powerful and very enjoyable in the third act.

My favorite part:
    Quack-a-roonie!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  5. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    The Christmas episode might be one of my favorite episodes of any show ever.

Amazing.

6. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Who else is excited for the upcoming next episode "Whatever happened to Della Duck!"?

TCF-1138 and Chancellor_Ewok like this.
  7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    March 9th - three more weeks, sure, I'm ready.

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Just the title is enough to send my excitement through the roof!
    "What ever happened to Della Duck?" is a questions that's been on my mind for almost thirty years. And the preview looks amazing.

10. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, I saw this in my YouTube feed and thought, “Ducktales is coming back, finally.”

TCF-1138 likes this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Whatever Happened To Della Duck?! - in a word: sublime. The episode had chills running down my spine 3 minutes in and the rest of the episode did not disappoint. I was laughing one minute and crying the next. There are some trope-y things that happen towards the end of the episode, but that aside, I would say this is one of my favorite episodes and on par with Last Christmas! I hope these high quality episodes continue.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003

The2ndQuest likes this.
  13. Adrian the Cool

Sep 3, 2012
    That was one of the best episodes so far. I'm gonna fly to the Moon to save Della.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Good episode, but fell a bit flat for me by the end.
    Della finding an entire city half the size of the moon after having spent a decade there was a little too much for me, even for DuckTales. And the episode ended a very abruptly, with a cliffhanger that wasn't very exciting ("Watch your back" or whatever the line was. Eh.).
    But, up until the moon-people showed up I thought the episode was an absolute delight. And the use of the Moon Theme from the game was beautiful and absolutely brilliant.

15. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    That didn't bother me. Upon second watch, I didn't understand that if the Mite was eating the metal to live, why did it scourge Della's name spelled in metal? Seems like a good waste of food unless it was trying to hit her and hit the metal by accident. Either way, I loved this episode and upon second watch it reminded me of the Adventure Time episode "I Remember You".

Fun little thing I didn't notice until my wife recognized the voice - for all you Modern Family fans - Julie Bowen is the voice of Penumbra (aka Penny).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  16. Adrian the Cool

Sep 3, 2012
    I have to admit, one thing that bothers me a bit about the show is that it is not very loyal to its source material. Sometimes, it feels less like an adaption of the Disney duck comicbook universe, but more like a parody of that.

17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Anyone still watching this show? I'm still catching up on episodes, but wow, what a bunch of episodes. Although I wish they would include Donald more (first they don't bother to bring him to the McDuck castle now this) but oh well, they're probably saving him for the season finale again.

18. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, I am still watching. Webby nerding out over a fake quest was really funny. Gyro randomly tuning in the Wild West was also really funny. The rocket horses gag was hilarious.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  19. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I didn't realize they'd be coming this fast and furious with the new episodes. I'm just starting to get caught up. I'm three episodes behind as of 5/16.

Regarding 308 - 311
    (#V308) Treasure of the Found Lamp!
    I thought this was a neat little adventure, and I loved the call backs to the previous episode of the season.

(#V309) The 87 Cent Solution!
    Super clever episode and a nice call back to "Golden Fever" of the original series.

(#V310) The Golden Spear!
    Definitely a setup for a future conflict. I don't understand why Della's rocket was set to return to the moon when entered.

(#V311) Nothing Can Stop Della Duck!
    Great to see her home and trying to fit back into normal life with her family.

Juliet316 and TCF-1138 like this.
  20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Caught up with the new episodes over the past couple of days. Oh my!
    HUGE spoilers for the last few episodes, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THEM:
    ROCKERDUCK! Finally in animation! As someone who grew up reading the Italian comics (where he is basically taking the place of Flintheart Glomgold), I've always wanted to see him on the screen. Too bad he's spoken of by Gyro in the past tense though - it seems he has died sometime before the show takes place. I hope not though, so we can see him come back and duke it out with Scrooge and Flintheart sometime in the future.

And speaking of dead childhood favorites of mine - RIP Ludwig Von Drake. :(

Della's return to earth and the Duck family was heart-warming, and not something I thought I'd ever get to see! I loved it. I just hope Disney actually allows her to stay on as a main character now. I want to see her finally get the chance to be a mom to the boys long term - even if that is breaking with Disney tradition.

And then there's The Duck Knight Returns. Oh. My. God.
    I was really turned off by Darkwing just being a TV show in the new DuckTales universe, as I've wanted to see a proper crossover between DW and DT since forever (we've had crossovers between them; Launchpad being the obvious one, but you know what I mean), even though I still loved the bits of DW that we got to see. This episode, however, was fantastic! Towards the end, I realized that we hadn't gotten the name of the new DW, and that we'd never heard "Drake Mallard" uttered. So I hoped it would turn out exactly the way it actually did turn out. What I did not see coming was the twist at the end. Holy ****! This is without a doubt my favorite episode of DuckTales so far, and hell, it might even be my favorite Darkwing Duck episode. :eek:
    All in all, this show just keeps getting better and better. I never thought I'd be this excited about DuckTales in my thirties. :p

Chancellor_Ewok and Juliet316 like this.
  21. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    @TCF-1138, yeah, I know. I was excited when I heard that Disney was thinking of rebooting Ducktales, but what we’ve actually gotten is far better than what I was expecting. I loved the ending of The Outlaw Scrooge McDuck. Louie calling Goldie for tips on how to run his business 8n the most shady and unethical manner possible purely because it will annoy Scrooge was really funny.

22. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Also something worth mentioning regarding the latest episode:

"The Duck Knight Returns" was also the title of a comic book released around a decade ago that was the first in a very long time to feature DW. The writers of this show seems to know everything about the Ducks. :p

23. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    So basically the writers are Disney Duckverse nerds.

:p

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Oh and speaking of Disney Duckverse nerds.....

You’re welcome.....

:p

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Juliet316 likes this.
  25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yup! And I love them for it. So many nods to the old cartoons, the original version of the show, the movie, the video games and the comic books.

Juliet316 likes this.