main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Dustland Fairytale (Beru/Owen, Luke - 2012 Dear Diary Challenge) - Fin Sept 9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 1, 2012.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :_| Poor Beru!

At least Owen was caring and held her.

2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Poor Beru. :(

3. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Poor poor Beru. Er, isn't a sanisteam waterless? Basically a disinfectant whatever with no moisture? Cause water is hideously expensive (and heavy) to carry in ships for anything other than drinking and cooking, so the same would apply to Tatooine?

PM list, PM list, PM list!

4. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    Another example of how the "Will of the Force" can be so sad for all the characters )-: But keep this coming!

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    My older sister miscarried from too much stress. Her mother and grandmother weren't happy about it they insinuate that she's a bad mother just because she disciplines her son and step daughter.

I'm glad that Owen was able t help her.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Poor Beru and she has her family and Owen caring for her

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    So sad for Beru and Owen. :( It's so hard to lose something you didn't even know you had. I'm glad Owen was there for her, though, and her family, too.

8. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Poor Beru :(

More soon?

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hazel: Owen is Beru?s lifeline right now

JM: :( I know. I really put Beru through the ringer these next few posts

CZZ: Sonicsteams are waterless. I?d imagine water is expensive on Tatooine and sonicsteams would be the regular way of getting clean on Tatooine, but sometimes, a girl just needs a shower. With low-flow shower-heads and a timer, not that much water would be used, I think. Sorry, there is no PM list for this story as I have a regular updating schedule.

Toni: Thanks. The will of the Force can be cruel at times, but it has a perpose.

Misty: Owen will always be there for Beru

Early bird: Yeah, Beru will have Owen and her family at her side to help her

Ginchy: I?d imagine it is hard, but I gave Beru a large support system.

Falcon: More at midnight :)

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Entry Number: 5

I am pregnant again. I am three months along.

I am a flurry of emotions. On the outside I am excited. I go out with my mother and sisters to look at baby stuff, but inside I am scared. I am scared that I will lose this baby like I did the last baby that I didn?t even know I had.

Owen shares my concerns. He is doing better now that it has been a few months since his father?s death. He is back to his old, over-protective self and I love it. It comforts me.

He comforts me.

11. Hazel

Nov 9, 2010
    AWWWWW!!!!! [face_love]

If only this one would have a happy ending. @};-

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, happy ending?[face_praying]

13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I'm happy for Beru but I know that something is going to happen to the baby. And that makes me sad. :(

14. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    What a bittersweet entry.

Just out of curiosity - when did Owen and Beru get married? Are they married yet in this fic or haven't gotten there yet? I know it was between AotC and RotS.

15. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    Can this be an AU in which the baby lives and becomes a sort of Sir Kay? But I'm afraid it's not...

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    AN: Thank you guys for all your comments. Sadly, although I once played around with the idea of Luke having a cousin/sidekick, this diary is canon.

Nanci, to answer your question, they got married a week before this diary started.

Also, this is THE LAST angsty update for awhile. The next update involves a red-head Jedi and a crying baby:D

Entry Number: 6

It happened again. Oh. I can?t even talk about it, I am just a mess. Owen said I should write about it. He says it might help me work through the emotions. I am so sad, yet so angry, which isn?t like me at all.

I was getting ready to go into Anchorhead last week when I heard rustling up in the entrance. I thought it was Owen done work early for the day. I rushed up to see him? only it wasn?t him. It was a Tusken Raider. I screamed and fled down the stairs in search of a blaster. I tripped half-way down the stairs.

I remember landing on my side, pain and blackness.

When I woke, I was in my bedroom with a hydration drip in my hand. My mother was there along with my aunt who is also a nurse.

I began to cry. I knew exactly what had happened. I had lost my baby.

?Go get Owen,? my mother instructed my aunt. She held me until he came.

?Hey Sweetheart,? he said, getting on the bed next to me and holding me close. ?I am so glad you are alright.?

I grew angry. ?No, Owen, I am not alright. I lost our baby, again!? I screamed at him. I was furious with the galaxy.

?I know, Beru,? he said calmly. ?But, I thought that I?d lost you too.? He kissed me.

?I wish you had,? I growled. ?I wish I had died with our baby.?

I saw true horror in his eyes that day. ?No, Beru, no. You don?t wish that.? He sobbed and held me.

We cried in each-other?s arms all night.

The past few days since that night have been rough, but I am slowly getting better. I keep myself busy during the day with chores and Owen holds me once he gets home and he doesn?t let go of me until he has to leave again in the morning.

I haven?t told him yet, but I don?t want to try for a baby again. As much as I would love to be a mom, I can?t go through that pain again.

17. Hazel

Nov 9, 2010
    I understand Beru. It would be very hard to lose yet again.

More [:D] for Beru and Owen. I'm really looking forward to the next update.

18. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Poor Beru. I can understand her not wanting to try again.

19. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    So sad for Beru and Owen )-: And you captured it so well - glad she and Owen have each other though. I know this type of situation can drive couples apart )-:

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi! Superbly realistic and touching! =D= =D= Thank-you ever so for showing a loving, tender Owen with Beru. @};-

It's great to see him so loving with her and armed with this knowledge, and knowing the back-history with Anakin, etc., Beru understands his knee-jerk reactions to Jedi, and Obi-Wan (to come later.) [face_thinking]

I can very much understand Beru wanting to avoid the pain of loss, even the possibility of it :( :(

I am happy she will eventually have someone to love in a mother-ish fashion. :D

21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I know a couple that suffered lots of miscarriages in the attempts to have a third child. The wife had gotten her tubes cut and tied after the second child was born. Sometime later they joined a religion that taught not to do things like that because children are gifts from God and you shouldn't tell him how many should be in your home. Well they tried to reverse it and they tried to have more children but the wife experienced all sorts of problems, fainting was just one of the problems she experienced. Finally they decided that they just couldn't have anymore biological children and they adopted a beautiful girl of mixed heritage.

That must be so heartbreaking!

At least Beru isn't jumping at having anymore at the moment. My Mom says that mothers that have miscarried need time to grieve for the lost child. My Mom lost a child before me and the Doctor said that she could try again ASAP and I believe that he recommended it. Well my Mom told us girls never to do that because she was a basket case during the early stages.

Hooray for the next chapter!

22. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Poor Beru and Owen. :( This is heart-wrenching. Especially when this time it seemed like the baby was okay and it was external forces that caused the problem. I hate this for them, but I'm glad they have each other. [face_love]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Poor Beru, again loosing her baby.

Waiting for the next update

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    AN: Hey guys. So, because of the move, I have decided to post this a week early and if the move takes more than 2 weeks, you will get another one the Sunday after the boards come back up.

Entry Number: 7

The most wonderful news came to Owen and I this evening. I can barely contain my joy.

We were snuggling as we listened to the sound-cast from Tosche Station when our comm rang. I answered it.

?Hello,? I said. I heard a baby crying as soon as I turned it on. I switched it onto speaker so Owen could hear it too.

?Beru Lars? Is your husband home?? the voice ? a gruff male ? said.

?Owen Lars here. You are on speaker-comm,? Owen said, looking at me in confusion.

?Is this line secure??

?Yes. Why??

?I am Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. I trust you have heard the events of the end of the war.?

?We have,? Owen said, suspiciously. I haven?t been following the war closely ? it distresses me and although it is a ?galactic war? it hasn?t really affected our lives out here on Tatooine much ? but even I know the Jedi have been declared enemies of the new government. ?Does this have anything to do with the fact that my step-brother Anakin Skywalker is a Jedi??

?Was a Jedi,? Obi-Wan corrected. ?He is dead.?

?What is this about then?? Owen asked.

?Anakin had a relationship that was against the Jedi code.?

?Was it with Padmé Amidala?? I asked curious.

?Indeed it was. A child came out of this relationship. Since the child is an orphan and you are the only family Anakin had, we would like to place the child with you. The child is wanted by the Empire because he is the offspring from a Jedi. We?I,? he corrected himself, ?Believe he will be safest on Tatooine with you. I will bring him to Tatooine and protect him at all costs if you raise him.?

I looked at Owen with pleading eyes. This child ? the orphan of a friend and a family member ? needs a family and I need a child.

?We will take him in. What is this child?s name??

?Thank you. His name is Luke. Luke Skywalker.?

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes Luke is coming.

And a warm welcome[face_dancing]