main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Edited Challenge Rd 1 - "Of Talismans and Treasure"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Viridian-Maiden, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    Not sure where I'm supposed to do this. But here goes:

Of Talismans and Treasure - (Summary - both Leia and her maid notice something interesting about the "treasure" the child picked up at the lake. Prompt: a garden, muddy boots, a broken toy.)

One day Princess Leia traipsed up from the garden shoreline, a mix of dirt and lakewater spattered across (thankfully!) a play set of lower-end thranta-skin moccasins.

The six-year-old wasn’t scolded; this wasn’t unusual and her nurse was content to let the princess grow confident among nature before Bail filled her schedule to limit.

It was what she found – a partial sphere of blueish stone, like a half-missing marble – that caused her maid to mark the moment. Leia, she was sure, hadn't just happened upon it randomly. For there was an ever so slight feel to the crystal gem.

“This color's lovely!” Leia said that night at bedtime. “Like…”

Her nurse didn’t say, but it had a salient shimmer unmistakably similar to those emitted by a Jedi’s drawn weapon.

"It’s just like yours."

"My what?”

That made her wonder more about the strength of the child’s sense.

She watched as Leia put the stone into the "treasure" drawer in her desk and crawled onto her pillow again.

"Your eyes, my Taya.” Leia yawned and turned over to sleep.

Taya picked up the child’s mud-stained moccasins and switched the single neuro-lamp on.

Your eyes are like the Senator’s, she thought.

She couldn’t have expressed even to an older charge the sense and memory the gem’s Force invoked -- sense, because it was now forbidden; and memory, because it only echoed in her deepest parts.

His was blue. And so was your father's.

Gemma and Revanfan1 like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super response and great to see an early time in Leia's life - a glimpse of later paths and destinies. :) =D=

Viridian-Maiden likes this.
  3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Very charming & well-written vignette, Viridian-Maiden. Like Nyota's Heart says, it's nice to see a story about a young Leia before her daily routine becomes "filled to limit." And what an interesting object her to come across in the seaside garden, and an intriguing response from her Taya... I'd be curious to see more if you choose to continue this at some point. :cool:

Gemma and Viridian-Maiden like this.
  4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Nicely done! =D=

5. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Fantastic line, and nice little glimpse into Leia's childhood.

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I love stories with a young Leia.

=D==D==D==D=

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  7. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I haven't read hardly any young child Leia stories -- this is very well done and I liked what she found.