main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Elia Kane (Gideon's Comms Officer) (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So seeing as she has now appeared twice and I think she’ll have a role to play moving forward I thought why not. And I have checked her character does not have a name yet.

Note: Mods if you think this is to obscure of a character and want to lock this thread that’s fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2023
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So you know the funniest thing is I just got an alert this thread was unlocked and I don’t know why lol.

3. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    She's been spotted in some footage for the rest of Season 3, so she's coming back, likely with Gideon and Pershing.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah thanks. I saw the alert saying you were right and I was like right about what :p

MercenaryAce and godisawesome like this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  6. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Well, now it seems like Elia Kane is going to be a major recurring character.

7. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Will be really intresting to see what her angle is in the future. I think she is probaly still working for Moff Gideon or other Imperial holdouts but I still wonder what her motive was for mind-flaying Pershing. There is several possibilities in my mind

1) She just wanted to get rid of him because he knows too much about Gideons operation.
    2) She was out for revenge. As I had forgotten but was reminded of, Pershing was the one that led the Mandos to Gideons cruiser, so she'd have a compelling reason to just hate him for that.
    3) She wants to make him compliant to have him come work for Gideon again.

I think Option 3 is the most unlikely, as she'd have to get him out of the New Republic's clutches first and also takes a major risk of making him useless by putting him in the Mind-Flayer which beyond it's volume she doesn't seem to have much control over.

She definetely does seem deep within the New Republic's rehabilitation programm, so it'll be intresting to see what she does from here on out and whether we'll see Pershing again in some capacity. Potentially she could use her position within the programme to kill more traitors or alternatively extract some valuable targets for Gideon or some other Remnant. She could also use her clout to maybe graduate the programme at some point and get herself an actual job within the New Republic bureaucracy in which she could gather intelligence for the Empire, if such a thing as graduating the rehabilitation programme is possible. Or maybe she just deserts and re-joins the Empire outright, though I don't really see that happening so soon.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So my thoughts are she still works for Gideon and or the first order. Also I cannot wait to see her die. My god she is the worst. Pershing was a coward, but god I hate her.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm guessing it's mostly #1- she's probably still loyal to Gideon/the Empire and wants to make sure a) Pershing doesn't transfer his skills to her enemy and b) Pershing forgets any incriminating information about Gideon.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    All I hope is she meets an equally horrible fate. One preferably which ends in her death. To take memories from someone is horrible. It’s basically death in another way

11. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    I think her "betrayal" was, to me, the thing more reminiscent of Andor.
    To me her situation paralels with that ISB officer that was working for Luthen. Someone that infiltrated the government to bring him down from the inside.
    Certainly it's something i did not see this coming in this show.

12. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I actually thought she died on Gideon's ship at the end of season 2.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Luke Skywalker only knocked her unconscious. Now his failure is complete.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Kane is grown-up Omega. You heard it here first, folks.

Fin McCool and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I hate her. I hate her. I hate her.
    So I guess that means she's an effective character? But oh how I hate her.

16. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    I'm going to have to watch thr season 2 episode she was in again. I had it in my mind that the character had died.

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    She just disappeared in The Rescue. People were speculating that she died off-screen.

18. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    The Mandalorian is not my area of expertise, although I have watched every episode at least once, and have gotten much entertainment from this program.

I can say that Katy O'Brian is a terrific actor and is quite effective in S3, E3.
    Excellent work, Katy done.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    The Chalk Jedi and Sarge like this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    She was soo effective this episode. She still loyal to Gideon and the Empire.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Not only did Luke fail to kill Kane, but Kane, inspired by Pershing, becomes the scientist that creates Starkiller Base, thus further cementing Luke’s colossal failure as a person.

The Chalk Jedi and Sarge like this.
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Knocking her unconscious left a massive dent in her skull. And a strange predilection for gold bathrobes.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    She’s an evil ass that’s for sure

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah that was totally entrapment or as Pershing said to the Mon Calamari "It's a trap!" Shouldn't stand up in court.

But maybe she just really really hates the Empire and wanted to turn his brain into mush. She could still be working for the remnant or First Order but wouldn't they find Pershing kind of useful? Maybe she's just a nut.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  24. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I don't think she was acting as an agent of the New Republic, I think she was reporting a crime as a concerned citizen. He has no proof that she instigated anything.
    Besides, what court? They obviously have a justice system that allows them to perform medical procedures on parole violators against their will and without any due process. I don't think he is going to be put on trial after the fact - sentence has already been carried out. Makes "we aren't the Empire, son" ring pretty hollow.

25. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    She's becoming a trusted member of the New Republic to cause more mischief while silencing Pershing/getting him under her control.