main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Or maybe Bernie just grabs any children's book that's handy? :p

In other SW-related developments....

[​IMG]

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    https://ew.com/tv/star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-darth-vader-hayden-christensen-clone-wars-rebels/

While McGregor went back and watched the entire Skywalker saga, Christensen went even deeper into the Star Wars canon. "I went back and rewatched all the films," says the man who will be once again going behind the mask as Darth Vader. "And I also got into the animated shows, The Clone Wars and Rebels."
    There's obviously a lot more Anakin/Vader content to consume in those series, which helped give the actor even more perspective and material to draw upon in terms on both what his character has been through in the years leading up to Obi-Wan Kenobi and what is on the horizon after.
    "It was interesting," Christensen says of binging The Clone Wars and Rebels. "They did a lot with these characters in those shows. And they did further explore the relationship. There was interesting stuff there to learn about. It was great fun getting to go back and re-immerse yourself in this world that just continues to grow and become more and more vast."

3. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    That seals it. He’s totally in Obi-Wan now.

Thena likes this.
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Now I'm imagining Christensen just constantly pestering the writers to let him do over the top Mortis ****.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    They should just tell him to go to a dispensary and they can provide him with some substances that will give him the same effect as Mortis but more fun.

6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    One thing that surprised me about Mortis is the series didn't walk all of it back at the end.

The Father removes Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka’s memory of The Son showing Anakin his future. Everything else about their visit the Jedi remember after they leave.

The Son turns into a little ape like creature at one point who bites Ahsoka. Do we see an actual one of those ape creatures in TROS - it reforges Kylo REN’s mask?

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He had saber-coptoring amended into his contract.

[​IMG]

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    See, now if I don't get Darth Vader flying around on with a spinning saber-copter yelling out "YIPPEE", I'm gonna be disappointed

mnjedi likes this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You'll get over it.

10. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    No one who headlines a dozen or so Taken revenge fantasies per year has any right to call himself a "snob" about anything. C'mon, Neeson!

11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Touché

12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    He did those when he was depressed about his wife's passing.

13. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    True, but he's still doing them! In the past couple of years, there's been the snow-plow one, the FBI one, the rancher/former-Marine one. I mean, I get it, no one can play an aging bad-ass like Neeson, but it would be nice if he diversified a bit more. (Silence and The Grey were incredible, though)

14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    He voiced Qui-Gon on multiple episodes of The Clone Wars Cartoon.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Maybe he just wants film level pay before dealing with all of those hair extensions.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  16. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    He also needs to proudly inform the Inquisitors that what he just did was “pretty wizard.”

Sarge and DarthIntegral like this.
  17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I wonder if he will have another opportunity to let the viewers know his innermost feelings about sand.

18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    No one's ever really Qui-Gone.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Man we’ve crossed the nobody’s ****ing dead in this franchise rubicon so many times now I can’t even get upset.

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I just wanted to make a bad pun.

21. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I’ll accept it on the condition we get a flashback scene where he fakes his own cremation then stays behind to listen to the eulogies while wearing a fake mustache.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony 16X Wacky Wed/12X Hangman Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So with May the 4th coming up in two weeks, my employer is putting together a Star Wars presentation that they've asked my help with. I'm in the finance industry so if anyone could help with some Star Wars financial related puns that would be great.

23. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    After Darth Maul's return - a character whose death was deliberately made as final as possible to prevent him from ever coming back by the guy who eventually brought him back - nothing is off the table.
    "Somehow, Mace Windu returned"
    or even
    "Somehow, Luke's hand returned"*
    Hey, the latter actually happened in the EU

Thena likes this.
  24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Can someone please remind me which comic or novel explained how the saber Luke lost on Bespin made its way to Maz?

25. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Oh man we're getting so close to Obi-wan, the most anticipated new Star Wars property of the second quarter of Disney's fiscal 2022, a bit of a counterprogramming palate cleanser as Dr. Strange winds down at the box office but before Ms. Marvel and the Thor movie which will combine to overwhelm all other inputs into the consciousness of moviegoers and current and prospective Disney+ subscribers. Feel the excitement.