main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008

JoinTheSchwarz and Rew like this.
  2. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Of course at that time only planetary royalty in the Republic were allowed to wear the color purple, taking the color as her own is an act of righteous defiance on the part of our Sith here. *

*not actually true.

Ramza likes this.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    So...how is Ventress alive?
    I'm assuming they'll go with Dathomir magic

4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Dark science, cloning, secrets that only the Nightsisters knew…

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony 16X Wacky Wed/12X Hangman Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Somehow Ventress has returned.

6. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    This is what happened.

“So can we use Ventress in this tv show”

“no, we let Christie Golden kill her in a book.”

*brief silence followed shortly by everyone in the room laughing*

7. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    There's only one thing in Star Wars more boring than Jedi training.

Animated Jedi training.

mnjedi and Sarge like this.
  8. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    3sm1r and Ramza like this.
  9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't think it's a question of quality for Disney so much as this streaming stuff isn't profitable.

“I have a lot of ideas,” she said, “and again, a lot of it was stuff that I told Kathleen [Kennedy, President of Lucasfilm] early on, in terms of where I would like the season to go, and the conflicts that I see happening, specifically in the second season.”​

What was she thinking telling Kennedy that? "We don't take kindly to ideas here at Lucasfilm," she said before hitting her well-worn big red "CANCEL" button.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
  10. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    It could be both. This show cost too much to make and it isn't going to attract enough new subscribers because it's not good specifically, and Star Wars hasn't panned out as a subscriber magnet more generally. The movie business is broken, streaming was never really going to work to begin with, and Star Wars is bad. It's a compelling gestalt.

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I unironically want this. And I have no idea when this is set, but in my head there's a young Poe Dameron in the background hearing this, because it's Star Wars and we have to have these random cameos that explain things nobody asked them to explain, and this explains how Poe Dameron came up with the line.

12. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    “I’ve got some great ideas for season two.” Says Dave Filoni extracting a large folder titled “CLONE WARS REFERENCES” from his desk.

she just left the studio screaming.

Rew, 3sm1r, Adam of Nuchtern and 4 others like this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    When season 1 hasn't even aired yet, it's probably not the best approach to effectively tell management, "look, I don't know how season 1 is going to do... but trust me, season 2 will be great."

Rylo Ken, mnjedi, Sarge and 1 other person like this.
  14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Didn't Andor get season 2 approved before S1 even aired?
    That's presumably because the people in charge watched it and knew it was great & agreed to more.

If something is allegedly having no more seasons before it even airs, that says to me that the people in charge watched it and didn't like it.

Of course, these are the same people who watched Willow and genuinely thought that show was fit to release so who even knows if they understand quality TV

Sarge likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Honest question

How can you possibly have the idea that the people in charge could watch something and evaluate that it was great? Based on everything they have green lit and allowed to go into production, how you can possibly believe this to be true? How can you hold their ability to evaluate quality programming in high esteem?

16. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    The theory is that being a really well made show with good writing and an excellent cast by Star Wars standards shouldn't be enough any more to get something into production for multiple seasons, because Disney+ can't really afford it. Maybe they've agreed to do it as some kind of prestige project just to help keep live action Star Wars alive at Disney+. Maybe they're just so far along with season 2 that they're afraid to pull the plug? I'm honestly very surprised it hasn't been cancelled.

17. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    WARNING : this lore dispenser might not be entertaining.

Rylo Ken and SuperWatto like this.
  18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Disney aren't that poor, these shows cost not a lot by the standards of Netflix & Amazon's premium content ($60mil per episode of Rings of Power, $30mil per episode of Stranger Things. The Mandalorian is about half that)

They can drop $1billion to build a theme park land but they can't fund a second season of a show that is critically acclaimed?
    Maybe they should waste less money on crap like Willow & all the other mediocrity D+ puts out and focus more budget on fewer projects.

X-Men 97 is worth every cent so far, more of that and less of Secret Invasion type rubbish will get the Mouse more ratings.

Just use money better

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  19. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Don't worry, the rise of Dr Who will supplant Star Wars and Marvel as the company's cash cow. The Cinematic Doctorwhoniverse is next.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  20. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Yes it should be:

DarthIntegral likes this.
  21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Soon we will all understand that the Goblin King is an actual thing.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Are we seriously going to go down the grifter YouTuber route of claiming shows & movies only get made because they meet the woke DEI checkpoints?

23. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    No, person who watches too much YouTube. I just meant that they've shown to have bad taste and seem to sign off on anything as long as it's got stormtroopers.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I would push back on the "checked boxes" thing around Andor because I don't about you but I don't remember any scenes involving lightsabers in hallways.

Sarge, Rylo Ken, mnjedi and 1 other person like this.
  25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    And The Acolyte won't have any because it's set 100 years before the Prequels.