main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I was going to joke about how having a cast of children might make the show unwatchably bad but then I remembered it’s Star Wars so it was already there.

Last edited: May 22, 2024
  2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I wonder if the Ortolan child will be a puppet like Grogu

3. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    I tried watching some of this video but its bad. She continues to say the same thing over and over again& that was just the 1st 20 minutes, I tapped out before the 30 min mark. I don't know who would subject themselves to hearing her drone on about everything wrong for 4 hours. Maybe make whomever's idea the hotel was watch this as punishment. Bob Chapek has a lot of free time on his hands.

I think someone mentioned this took 2 years to make?! Maybe this is just a live stream where she removes eating & sleeping, that would explain all the jump cuts. I see she has over a million subscribers so maybe the money she rakes in from patreon members "justifies" the length. I'd say anyone paying for this kind of crap video is just as guilty as Chapek and his awful hotel.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony 16X Wacky Wed/12X Hangman Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    While most "influencers" have an agenda or are being paid to say something positive about a service or product, I appreciate her honesty and candidness. She's not being paid by Disney or some other corporation to speak highly about the park or the hotel. She's giving her honest feedback based on her crappy experience. I also appreciate the research she put into it. Would I pay for her content, no, but I don't begrudge those that do. Her YT video is free to watch and it's not behind some sort of paywall. I felt bad for her but she's also extremely lucky that two of her problems that she complained about after the fact were resolved by Disney because of her large Twitter following.

If the hotel was still open and Disney saw this video and offered her a free stay and then later she published a glowing review, then her integrity would be absolutely be questioned and she would probably lose a lot of her patreon support.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    You should have developed object permanence by now. I would make an appointment with a neurologist as soon as possible. This may be a symptom of something serious.

Sorry, mods. Yes, yes. I promised. I know. I’ll head back to Discord. My bad.

Boba Nekhbet and SuperWatto like this.
  6. Django211

Mar 6, 1999
    If I send her money that's the first sign I have brain damage.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd rather honest content creators get backed financially than the hate-peddling and clickbait people

8. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    well JTS definitely found a topic. If this had been an actual Star Wars movie instead of a feature length accurate and funny anti-Disney manifesto, we’d have dozed off 3 pages ago.

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Who thinks anyone at Disney is going to watch a video critique that drags on for 4 hours?

10. Django211

Mar 6, 1999
    Funny? When did it ever approach funny?

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony 16X Wacky Wed/12X Hangman Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Someone at Disney saw her tweets and responded accordingly so someone, maybe many someones, is/are being paid to watch tweets. I wouldn't find it too farfetched that there are people in their social media department who are doing research and they are also watching this video just like we are.

12. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Haven’t watched it yet but I do appreciate the effort, complaining about Star Wars without being a pathetic incel loser seems like a wildly untapped market for content so I’m happy for her.

13. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    They're going to take away your... VIP status!

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Plenty of reviewers are legitimately critical.
    There are many content creators that aren't toxic incel loers & don't like a lot of franchise content, unfortunately many don't have the following that the bigots have for some reason.
    Being nice doesn't sell, being a hater does.

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    you can call me Dave, sweetie
    it's Ender all over again

SithLordDarthRichie and Rylo Ken like this.
  16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Some former mod favorite.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i was genuinely curious about this hotel, so i appreciate that she's so thorough and that i'll never have to wonder about it again. i've definitely been going through it in shorter intervals, but i don't find her annoying or super repetitive. about halfway through the video now. i also don't agree with the complaints that she seems entitled, i thought she went through the experience with a waaayyyyy more positive attitude than i would have. maybe that's because she knew (as she mentioned) that the eventual video she would do about it would pay for the trip, but i don't think that makes her entitled.

18. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    tom fancies her.

19. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014

20. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    My post was meant to be a joke.

21. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I’m only about 1/4 of the way through, and she’s being a lot more kind that’s I would have been, and I’m generally resistant to the whole ‘everything Disney Star Wars is terrible.’

The hotel looks so lame. So lame.

22. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Meanwhile we're missing out on new amazing Acolyte footage

23. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    I want to respond to this because I care about what you think.

It was when she listed all her complaints about her hotel room and then said "the room was fine for our purposes", or something. I was like. What am I even watching? Somebody complaining about something I couldn't afford even if I wanted to, and then it being actually adequate. Isn't that what 'entitled' means?

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I love clips without context such as who are these people and what are they doing and why do I care.

It seems like they're just saying, "Hey guys, the fight choreography in this show is better than Ahsoka!"

25. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I interpreted her point as being that the room was adequate in a practical sense, in that there was only two of them, but that given the price and the fact it was ‘able’ to accomodate 5 people in theory, meant that it was not really up to standard. Which I’d agree with - that room was not up to the standard I’d expect given that price.