main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire Day 17 - Star Wars unofficial UK Convention - Sunday 10/09/06

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by timbolton, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Don't think so Steve, in which case see ya tomorrow between 11-11:30 :)

Mark, because it's only a small venue I think we can safely just meet-up when we bump into each other, lol. I'll probably seek Jamie out anyways as I'll no doubt have something to say to him (of a positive, friendly nature I might add :p ). My Uncle may even pay us a visit :D

2. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Matt is your Uncle having a display stand this year ?

3. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Had a great time today, largely down to the good laugh we had.
    Great seeing you all and hope for your first UK convention Richelle, you enjoyed it :D

Steve has taken some photos which I'll post up tomorrow morning....they should be good ;)

Thanks to all and the next one if planned for December, and will be the final one until the big CE!!

4. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i agree with matt,it was a nice time... despite the underlying lack of 'things to do'...
    i think next time i shall mc the q&a sessions,the guy who had the mic spent too much time looking at the guests and not anticipating the audiences reactions... thus missing potential questioning oppurtunities.

5. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Yes, was a good day, nice to catch up with everyone and meet Richelle.

Thanks for waiting for me at Liverpool St (always reminds me of Mission Impossible 1 there)

Highlight had to be meeting Jabba's right arm and tongue ! :p he was a great laugh

Not to mention the Female Nikto, who was a Man !

Managed to only spend £20 (mostly due to the fact I only took £20!)

Jason Joiner seems like a nice chappie, was surprised that Gary Kurtz has given away all his royalties on Star Wars due to his Buddhist beliefs though.

Many thanks for the drink Jamie and good to meet you properly, funny about the Chav joke on the train also.

Loads of pictures to upload/send to Matt later.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Was a fun day.
    I hope my Greedo impressions didn't freak out anyone too much :p

And I bought lots of stuff! :D

7. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Nah, you were cool Richie, glad u came, always good 2 Cya

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Thanks, it is good to see you lot also.

9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Here are a select few of Steve's photos. Enjoy!! :D

The Gang:
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/FF_UK_L%20Meets/TheGang.jpg]

Richelle sides with Darth:
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/FF_UK_L%20Meets/RichellesideswithDarth.jpg]

Richie admires the Jedi:
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/FF_UK_L%20Meets/RichieadmirestheJedi.jpg]

Richelle and Jabba's left arm:
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/FF_UK_L%20Meets/RichelleJabba.jpg]

Richie and Jabba's left arm:
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/FF_UK_L%20Meets/RichieJabbasrightarm.jpg]

Jedi Protectors:
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/FF_UK_L%20Meets/JediProtectors.jpg]

If only she knew....
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/FF_UK_L%20Meets/IfonlySheknew.jpg]

Cool Star Wars gang:
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/FF_UK_L%20Meets/CoolStarWarsfans.jpg]

10. Leia-Organa

Leia-Organa Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Thanks everyone for meeting me at liverpool station. i probably wouldnt have come to the convention if i had to go by myself up to cheshunt. I had fun, and my new star wars figures are sitting nicely displayed in my bedroom along side my luke skywalker M&M figurine :)

11. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    in the group shot with the tie fighter pilot,is matt about to break out into a litle dance?

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Sweet
    All my clone trooper figures are now in my army with my Jedi facing the Seperatists & my clone pilots are in my ARC 170 fighter.

My Cantina is now nearly full, and my Jabba picture is on the wall.

I just have to find a place for all my Hoth Rebels.

Like the photos.
    Shame my hair fell in front of my face when I was getting a photo with Jabba's left hand man.

13. Leia-Organa

Leia-Organa Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    The Greedo impressions were just perfect :)

14. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    A song and dance actually, Jamie. I'm getting ready for the Musical season :p

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Good idea

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day
    I've got a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way

[face_dancing]

16. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Luckily, there are no pictures of me :p

If anyone wants copies of the pictures in Hi Rez, just email me,I have sent Richelle and Richie some already, Jamie your email doesn't work ?!!!

There are 16 pictures in total, Richelle features in most, as She is far more photogenic than the Boyz :cool:

UPDATE - Richie, your email didn't work, all the pictures were returned by your ISP ?!!!

P.S.Shame Koren & Matt couldn't make it yesterday

17. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    Glad everyone had fun at Empire Day yesterday. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it, which is self-evident really :p Maybe I'll do the one next year...but then again... You see I still have fond memories of the original Empire Days, which in my opinion were far superior. Or maybe that's just because it was where I first met the lovely Mr Richards :cool:

18. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    aah,happy days... a fog-enshrouded railway station... the sound of faraway laughter in the distance... a mysterious stranger lurking in the shadows... a few awkward exchanges and stolen glances... a nervous,fumbling handshake...
    and then,oh... that first kiss!

no,wait...

i'm thinking of another time.

19. major_phennir

Aug 1, 2006
  20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I believe I went to an Empire Day just prior the the UK release of TPM. Was a great day even though Ray Park cancelled at the last minute. Gary Kurtz was there and warned us not to get too excited by TPM (and rightly so) and also said he didn't care much for the Special Editions (ironically I then ask him to sign a SE poster :p ). The highlight of the show, however, was the auction they did which was the first ever auction I had attended and it was great. I very nearly bidded for a broken lightsaber dummy blade from TPM, which was basically and thin broken metal rod painted green and went for £90....a bargin I think :D

Bring back the auction I say, always good value they are. And Jamie to MC too!! ;)

21. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Nothing wrong with TPM, I wonder if there was some sour grapes over Gary Kurtz not being involved?!!!

Steve Speilberg raved over TPM, but then what does he know!

22. major_phennir

Aug 1, 2006
    Matt, that Empire Day you mentioned is where I first met Jamie, how spooky is that :eek: Does anyone remember the one they did on the Isle of Wight? That was I think, my first SW convention, around the August bank holiday of 1997 if I remember correctly.

23. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    No, but hope you all got the new DVD's with original theatrical release and also Star Wars Lego II video game - great fun.

I see Woolworths are offering a free unique Hasbro Darth Vader with all Star Wars purchases over £10 - anyone seen any other UK offers ?

24. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    That is very spooky :eek: There's a very good chance then that we bumped into each other in that case. Was that one held near Watford?
    I think my Uncle won a bid on some Indiana Jones items during the auction, and I also got Raymound Griffiths' autograph, who played a Gonk droid in TPM. These were the days when my Sister came along to the shows, just so that she could take the mickey out of us but she loved it deep down :p

25. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Hmmmmmmmmmm, The Gonk droid, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.