main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph END OF LINE: TRON, TRON Uprising & TRON Legacy

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 8, 2010.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Is anyone else kinda dissapointed by some "missing" extra features? The documentary is fine, and the Flynn Lives stuff is great, as is the Daft Punk music video.

But no commentary track? Ok, not every movie gets one and not every director wants to do one (but could you imagine a Bridges/Boxleitner/Steve commentary track?).

No storyboards/deleted scenes? (we get a brief glimpse of the original MCP bedtime story storyboards/narration in the documentary, but nothing else- like the unfilmed throne room disc battle or rebel faction meeting at the End of Line Club).

No trailers? They include the Comic-Con test footage (though with a little audience cheers mixed in) in the documnetary but none of the regular trailers or TV spots. WTF? That's like the minimum special feature you need on a disc and they're not there. They had some great spots too.

I hope this isn't a trend with Disney or BD releases in terms of features. I mean, maybe some of that is being saved for the Disney Second Screen feature- but I want to watch the trailers and TV spots on my TV, not just a computer or ipad (I can already do that on youtube or Apple's site!).

I also did another pass through the movie to analyse whats missing from the soundtrack and in what order tracks go:

0) Flynn Remembers*
    1) The Grid
    X) PARTIAL: Father and Son (bedtime story scene)
    X) MISSING: TV Report Exposition Atmosphere
    2) The Son of Flynn
    3) Encom Part I (bonus track)
    4) Encom Part II (bonus track)
    5) Overture (only first half is used in film)
    5a) "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" by Journey
    5b) "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics
    X) MISSING?: Flynn's Secret Lab Atmospheric Music (can't tell if it's a piece of ambient music or sound effects)
    6) Recognizer
    7) Armory
    8) Arena
    9) Round One (bonus track)
    10) Rinzler
    XX) MISSING: CLU'S ARENA LANDING
    11) The Game Has Changed
    12) Outlands, Pt. I
    13) Father and Son (bonus track)
    XX) MISSING: Your Move, Flynn!
    14) Adagio For TRON
    15) Nocturne
    XX) MISSING: Bedrooms & Flynn's Dreams
    16) Outlands, Pt. II
    17) End of Line
    XX) PARTIAL: Castor (Electrify the boys and girls!)
    18) Reflections (bonus track)
    19) Castor (bonus track)
    20) Derezzed
    21) Fall
    22) Sea of Simulation (launch of the sailer and Quorra's repair)
    XX) MISSING: CLU's Arrival At the End of Line Club (almost sounds like a blend of an excerpt from Recognizer with the intro to C.L.U. used as an outro)
    XX) REUSED: Nocturne (Sam and Kevin catch up- this might be an original piece)
    XX) MISSING: Rinzler investigates the elevator
    XX) PARTIAL: C.L.U. ("End of line, man."; this could also be a separate track using the same theme, I'm uncertain)
    23) Sunrise Prelude (bonus track) (during Quorra's recounting of Flynn saving her and the discussion of the sun) (however, there's a small missing piece of ominous music played briefly over this track's middle when Rinzler's Recognizer is revealed to be trailing them)
    XX) MISSING: Boarding the Rectifier
    XX) PARTIAL: Disc Wars (Quorra removes herself from the equation)
    XX) MISSING: Clu installs the Disc Atmosphere
    XX) MISSING: Clu's Speech Intro (may just be an excerpt from C.L.U.)
    24) Rectifier
    25) Disc Wars
    26) C.L.U.
    XX) MISSING: Flynn's Request/Freefall/Tron 2.0
    27) Arrival
    28) Flynn Lives
    XX) REUSED: Father and Son
    XX) REUSED: Sunrise Prelude
    29) TRON Legacy (End Titles)
    30) Solar Sailer
    31) Finale

*Comic-Con Teaser Music, not in film, but noted here.

Most of the missing tracks are minor cues, but a couple are neat- CLU's arrival during the fireworks, and them sneaking off the solar sailer onto the Rectifier, as well as the freefall/Clu/Tron thing.

2. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Which documentary are you referring to? The 5 disc set has 3 documentaries going from the titles on the menus:

1)"Launching the Legacy"-writers and filmmakers discuss the story
    2)"Visualizing Tron"-how the world was brought to life
    3)"Installing the Cast"-Actors discuss their TRON experience

That's along with the stuff you mentioned- the music video, the Flynn Lives stuff, the cartoon peak, the comic-con footage.

Now, I haven't watched any of the extra features as of yet, so these could all be the same, or does it seem like any of these are different/additional?

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, each of those segments is a separate piece, but, for all intents and purposes, are 3 chapters of what constitutes a documentary for this release, so I just lumped them together before.

(although the DVD release only has 2 of the 3 segments, and lacks the Disc Roars piece too- so maybe treating them as 3 things is correct)

4. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Ah ok. I didn't want you to miss any segment that might actually exist out there. I just need to sit down and watch the supplemental material...

On a related note, the remixed soundtrack is a very interesting experience. Daft Punk's original soundtrack is just about perfect, and is very much a pillar of the movie. The remixed version is a product of what it is, which are various artists interpreting single pieces. Moby has a pretty good version of The Son of Flynn, but most songs are quite "dance music" orientated.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Last HOPE sounds interesting. Mad Max wrapped in MASH. Interesting premise. [face_thinking]

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    New TRON Uprising trailer- It's actually more of a combination of concept art/animation tests with the DVD/BD preview at the end (though there might be a new shot or two included in there).

8. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Dang it. I want to see TRON: Uprising, but I don't have Disney XD.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Boxleitner updates on Tron 3

"Asked about his exact role on the animated series, Boxleitner happily replied, "Who else would I be? I'm Tron. It's going to be on my gravestone, 'He was Tron.'""

[face_laugh]

Looks like Bruce anticipates them aiming for 2014, after the director finishes his current project (though it's a shame the same writers are unable to be involved due to the success of Once Upon a Time- I would have preferred that consistent voice to hopefully help recapture what made Legacy so amazing).

I also didn't realize that Legacy was the highest grossing debut film in history.

Lastly, Tronp: Japanese Tron Musical :cool:

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Could Jeff Bridges be in Tron 3 after all?

Even though Tron Legacy wasn't the massive blockbuster hit Disney expected, it did make enough money to warrant Tron 3. So what happens next? While at WonderCon promoting their television show Once Upon A Time, Tron Legacy scribes Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz dropped a few hints for Tron 3.

Spoilers ahead...

From the Once Upon A Time roundtables:

After the experience of working on Tron: Legacy, it seems like the movie did well, and made money. But maybe it didn't quite do well enough to get its own sequel. But it did well enough to get its own cartoon series, is that frustrating at all?

Adam Horowitz: We are working on a sequel. Eddie and I aren't writing the sequel ? because of the show [Once Upon a Time] we've moved to be co-producers on it. But there's a script being written right now.

Edward Kitsis: Dave DiGilio is writing it. Joe [Kosinski] is right now shooting Oblivion but we've had a lot of meetings and conversations and we've sen the first draft of the Tron sequel, sometimes movies don't happen as quickly as you want... Our hope is to get something going sooner [rather than later].

In your opinion are Tron and Jeff Bridges dead, are they in Tron [3]?

Horowitz: I would say the definition of life and death in the digital realm...

Kitsis: Will be explored in the sequel!

How big of a part does Quorra have in the sequel?

Horrowitz: Mmm. *Darts away to the next roundtable*