main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

endor battle

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by darknikkos, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darknikkos

darknikkos Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    hi again

i ve added glow for all ships, the result is better i think.
    to answer your questions, the resolution is lower because i use some different codecs to see which is the best.and the black space, is the result of the compression.

for now, i m working on the second part on the scene and try to include glow too
    in fact i have difficulties to include them, because engines doesnt appear in the anim and , so, the glow engine too.

here is the link fot the updated scene 1:

http://www.savefile.com/files/3016704

soon the second part updated

bye.

2. mishra

mishra Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    Yeah that's more like it! All ships are nicely lit up now.
    I like the glowcolors you picked too, though I'd go for a more red glow for the Xwings.
    Also I'd ease down on the motion blur a little and speed up the corvettes and transports even more.

But then again, it's YOUR animation offcourse... ;-)

3. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    hi all!

i would like to show u my last anims.

there are 3 scenes: the first scene is a little different; i moved a corvette and put it near the camera, i added a fregate, and some others little thinks.
    the second is different, and for me better.
    the third is a new sequence showing the falcon and fighters slaloming( dont know if this term is clear) among various ships.

for the moment, this last scene is very incomplete, only the falcon is there. i dont know exactly how the other fighters will move. i m working on it.
    The glows "flicker" a lot, i forgot to disable it in the postprod.
    the next will come soon.

http://www.savefile.com/files/3639750

bye

4. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    hi again!

i added fighters in the third scene,

the link:http://www.savefile.com/files/7930505

ps:sorry for the file size, it s to keep quality.

bye all.

5. mishra

mishra Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    Wow, it's getting really cool now! In shot 2 putting that corvette nearer to the camera was a good call. Looks much better!
    There's another corvette flying dangerously close to the Calamari cruiser in shot 3. Other then that I have nothing to add. Keep it up and make 'm all shoot into hyperspace now!
    Maybe now is the time to get rid of the black border around your anim. Are you compositing this in Premiere?

6. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    Hi all!

Thks for critics which ve allowed to improve my scene!

For the last scene the corvette in the background is indeed flying close to the MonCal and flying too fast, i had seen these one, too late...

Like u say, now it s time for the fleet to go hyperspace. To finish, i indeed work in Premiere.

Tomorrow, i hope the "enter hyperspace" scene will be finished.

Bye all!

7. mishra

mishra Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    Ok, I'm not good with Premiere, but you can get rid of the black frame around your animation by starting a new project and make sure it's in the right resolution. Now it looks like your clips are in 640x480 and the project screen at 720 or something... thus a black frame is created.

Maybe someone with a little more knowledge of Premiere can help out with this...?

8. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    hi all!

after some attempts , i finally propose u a scene showing the rebellion hyperspace entrance.

i tried to keep the same dynamism for this one, even if the falcon seems to be a litle "rigid".

the bad point is the "hyperspace entrance" itself, not the ships, but the stars effect...
    if someone have ideas to improve this one...

the link: http://www.savefile.com/files/5003390

once again, sorry for the file size, i prefer keep the entire scene.

see u soon!

9. mishra

mishra Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    I see nothing wrong with the hyperspace effect, it looks good!
    I like the camera-angle with the fleet in the background especially!
    Where did you get that Blockaderunner, it's not on scifi3d is it?

Maybe consider giving the cam-target a path-constraint of its own, or switch paths at the end. The camera jerks up when the Falcon enters hyperspace. It maybe why you're not satisfied with your hyperspace effect?

I allways thought the stretching stars were only visible if you enter hyperspace along with the fighters, not if the cam stays behind. I could be wrong...

10. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    Yes, it is, and I'm converting it to C4D now...

Well, it was in scifi3D, but I think the link doesn't work now.

darknikkos, that's looking very good, but I would make the hyperspace jump scene in a different way. I agree with mishra, the stars effect could be seen if the viewer was accelerated with the ship that makes the jump. In my animation, I will try to put the camera into the cockpit of one craft (you can download the interior of the Falcon) so you will see the stars blurring, and just after, the ships dissappear with a really fast speed into the space, like in the movie. But you can make it the way you want, of course...

P.S.: I wonder how many MB does the black space around the animation take up. You could eliminate it for smaller archive sizes. And do you have QuickTime Pro? You can easily copy, cut and paste any excerpt of a movie with it, and send us only the latest parts. ;)

Good luck with the rest of the animation. [face_peace]

11. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    I just figured out why a handful of files don't work. There's a problem with the servers accepting ACE file types. There's no fix right now but when we move or compressing it again to another format.

12. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    hi all!

i only come back in the forum today because my job is taking me too much time and NRJ. and i thank u again for critics! in fact, to be honest i didnt like the last 10 seconds of my animation.

to explain the stars effects, if u see it, in my scene, the movment is the opposite of the classic starwars effect, as if the light "was sucked into blak hole" ( i dont know if i m clear in my explanation, i m too bad in english sorry!).

for the cockpit view, i did a test before the final cut, and sincerly it was not too bad but...ahh after all, perhaps i will reconsider this one and add it!

for now i m working on the "presentation" of the Empire fleet near Endor. and of course new problems are appeared.

i wanted to use the last and most detailled ISD available on Scifi but my Comp isnt powerfull enough for the entire scene. for now, i m going to use less detailled ISDs, the results are not bad with one ISD, but the fleet counts 15,20 or more (i dont know exactly) ISD + the EXECUTOR. and if i want add some tie squadrons....
    i think i will have to use layers and compositing on AEffect (or add Memory or buy a new comp)I dont know...
    this scene is more complicated than i had imaginated it! but i dont desespear!

i hope to show u first results in some days , more certainly in some weeks (my job...).

see u soon!!

13. DarkSapiens

Oct 2, 2005
    There are 36 or more Star Destroyers (+ the Executor) in my last count, from the ROTJ DVD... :oops:

You don't need to use detailed Star Destroyer models except if the camera is flying very close to them. For example, in one of my tests, I used the most detailed model from SciFi3D, but I placed other seven or eight more around the Executor, and these ones are low-detailed meshes (although they've really good bump maps). As you can see in the image, the result is not bad:

[image=http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/4384/escenaluz200716ie.jpg]

For the entire scene, I've thought about rendering frontal images of the SD and placing them instead of some models in the three-dimensional space.

Good luck with your animation! I really want to see that scene ;)

14. mishra

mishra Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    You could split the job. Render the background first (ISD & SSD) put that animation as background and render the next secene (closer ISD and maybe Calamari) and use that animation as background in the next (fighter flyby) and so forth. I think that's the way Andreas did it. It's the way I'm doing it.
    Just don't touch the camera after the first job.

15. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    i think this the good method to do this scene simply because... i used it for the begining of the first scene when Falcon and the other fighters are arriving: a background plan with big ships and main plan with falcon...

for the new scene i will have to add more plans. Moreover, i must'nt forget Endor and The Death Star in these plans . so lots of work.

for now, i m working, and i m testing differents cam view, ships movments etc...

soon, some results of my work

bye.

16. DarkSapiens

Oct 2, 2005
    Well, I was really thinking about reducing render times, because my computer is really slow...

But that is a very good method, too. :)

17. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    hi all!

i would like to show u before the endor animation, a test of my tydirium shuttle, which will be used in the animation.
    this is an untextured mesh and the glow doesn t look good.

any comment...

http://www.savefile.com/files/8624156

18. DarkSapiens

Oct 2, 2005
    Hmm, I had planned to make a test with the Tydirium, too... Hehe [face_peace]

Your result is good. I don't know what happens with the glow at the beginning of the animation, but at the rest isn't bad at all. Perhaps a little more sky-blue color is which I would use, but you have to do what you think it's better, of course. ;)

Good work

19. mishra

mishra Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    The engine glow looks very good, except for the first second but you know that allready. I wouldn't change a thing.
    The animation of the wings is good too, especially the guns.
    Very nice, I like it!

20. mishra

mishra Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    The engine glow looks very good, except for the first second but you know that allready. I wouldn't change a thing.
    The animation of the wings is good too, especially the guns.
    Very nice, I like it!

21. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    indeed, the glow is strange at the begining, this it perhaps because the mesh used for simulate the glow is not appropriate, i will change that.

for now tests are progressing well, and i wont use my shuttle to gain memory and time (there is no texture too...)
    indeed, this mesh approachs 930.000 polys and render time is long...
    so i will use the available scifi3d mesh (low poly but good textures).

bye.

22. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    hi! it s me again

so, well, i ve changed some things in my project.
    i will add some scenes taken all along the movie (all in space for the moment)and the major scene will be off course the endor battle.
    for now i m working on the opening scene of the movie
    it s not very complicated but it s for that it must be very well made.

here is a link to this new one.
    http://www.savefile.com/files/3744613

and a pic showing a preview of the continuation of this one:

http://www.savefile.com/files/7921815

23. DarkSapiens

Oct 2, 2005
    :eek: [face_laugh]

LOL, another scene that I had in mind to make...

You're getting good results, but what happened to the lightning of the Star Destroyer in that shot? It has no shadows, no "realism"... [face_worried]
    But the shuttle has. The SD was made in another layer, wasn't it?

Oh, and I would have made the planet bigger, 'cause in the movie the horizon isn't shown so curved. But, again, its YOUR decision ;)

I definitely want to see how your animation progresses.

Perhaps when this horrible exams season I will have time to make my own... [face_peace]

24. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    in fact there is a layer for the ssd and one for the shuttle like u said
    but the light is the same for the two
    the render with fake GI and omni lights didnt give good results when there is no texture for (the ssd) the shuttle has it and give good results, but now i have found a better light in the second shot like u can see in the picture.
    for the horizon curve it s just because i havent seen well the movie and will be rectified in the next shot

for now i m preparing the animated version of the pic

this one is quasi finished i just need to add the final layer.

25. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    here is the link for the anim

http://www.savefile.com/files/1580940

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.