main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Ep 3 - Padme's Last Words

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spore

Spore Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    About Leia remembering her mother... is there any indication that she even knew she was adopted? Bail Organa is said to have become a key figure in the rebellion, is it not possible he died at some point and therefore that is why Leia's "mother" was sad?

I find Lucas leaves out a lot of important little details leaving the door wide open for interpretation.

2. Aina

Aina Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    Jedi_Kat: i didn't mean that they were the same cercumstances...i just meant that they sound almost exactly the same...that vader sounded like an Ent..hehe

but I agree that Treebeards no didnt sound lame or cheesey and had a big impact.....but vaders was very cheese encrusted indeed.

3. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Bail Organa died when Alderaan was destroyed. Leia talks about him in her message to Obi Wan.

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Spore posted on 6/3/05 6:53am
    About Leia remembering her mother... is there any indication that she even knew she was adopted? Bail Organa is said to have become a key figure in the rebellion, is it not possible he died at some point and therefore that is why Leia's "mother" was sad?

I find Lucas leaves out a lot of important little details leaving the door wide open for interpretation.
    [hr][/blockquote]

She knew. Luke asked her specifically "Do you remember your mother? Your [i]real[/i] mother?" Bail was also alive at the time Alderaan was destroyed. Her message to Ben was on his behalf. "Now he begs you to return..."

I'm leaning towards Bail and Breha (yes she has a name!) keeping Padme's memory alive. At least for the first few years of Leia's life. Leia could have been remembering stories and holographic images. The Organas might have stopped telling the stories as Vader and the Emperor gained more power fearing word could leak out about Leia actually being born.

5. Spore

May 13, 2005
    Cool. Thanks for the info. That makes a difference.

6. bathory

bathory Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Padme is like a teenaged model. They are trained to behave and interact a certain way at 14 and get lots of experience in that field but when they hit 20 and have to enter "real life" they have no social skills and often have a hard time interacting.

It's not hard to believe that Padme was raised to lead and and is confident speaking and interacting on that level but is very emotionally immature. She never had to deal with personal situations like she does with Anakin and with him being all crazy it's a lot harder for her to deal with than if she had been married to a normal person. Hence - falling apart.

I also think that Padme's choice/destiny to not coexist with her children isn't that wierd. She was obviously pregnant by accident and not everyone is jumping for joy when they find out they're pregnant. Couple that with the loss of her only love and you have someone who is extremely depressed and possibly suicidal anyway. Talk about overwhleming.

7. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    She certainly didn't sound too pleased to be pregnant when she told Anikan. He said something about being the happiest moment of his life, while her response was "what will we do?"

8. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002

You'll find that in every movie.

9. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Rabellaka said: She certainly didn't sound too pleased to be pregnant when she told Anikan. He said something about being the happiest moment of his life, while her response was "what will we do?""

I find that to be an interesting point, especially if you read the book. They go on about how having the babies will pretty much ruin Anakin's life, etc. Horrible way to look at it if you ask me...sure the Jedi Council would probably be peeved, but I'm sure they wouldn't demand that the babies be killed, and if they ousted Anakin (which I don't think they would've), they probably would care for the future Skywlker offspring anyway, because they would be strong in the Force. Besides, I'm sure the Jedi Council wasn't stupid, and I'm sure (as Obi Wan did) they knew something was up with Anakin and Padme. Jedi ain't dumb.

I think it was a pretty dumb plot idea...but let's take a look at some of TPM and we could make trading cards of dumb plot ideas... :p

10. red5jedi

red5jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 1998
    I think that I'm too lazy to do a search on this site, but there is a very interesting theory as to why Leia has some "memories" and Luke is absolutely clueless and remembers nothing.

It's in one of these forums here on www.theforce.net, but here's what I remember:

After 6 viewings you'll notice that baby Leia is totally awake and "wide eyed" the entire time when Bail brings her over to meet Bail's wife (I sort of even think her eyes are dark blue even though Leia's eyes should be brown. Right?) Leia only remembers "images" and "feelings" and not necessarily means she knew her biological mother Padme really.

Luke is absolutely dumbfounded and has no memory of his mother Padme because at birth his eyes were completely shut even though Padme touched him. As he met Aunt Beru on Tatooine for the first time his eyes were still closed again. Luke was in deep slumber and was snoring the entire time with his eyes CLOSED!!! LOL

Leia's eyes were "wide open" and that's why she has some recollection or memories of Padme or her adoptive mother. No real conclusion or answer to all of Lucas' continuity problems, but just a very cool theory.

I just thought it was one of the more interesting and popular theories as to why Leia has some memories and Luke does not! :)

Oh, it's probably on this thread here:

http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_/b10331/9414302/?797

11. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Most in-ter-est-ing...could it be possible that you've just given GL an out??? :)

12. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    i like the theory of Leia's eyes being open, it is true some babies are definatly alert when they are born, and who knows what affect the force has of the ability to call up memory,

the baby's eyes may have been blue but most babies have lighter eyes, the pigmentation takes place later on.....

13. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    Wow. That's really stretching. That's like, Reed Richards level of stretching. He cocked up okay? It happens. Sheesh. He'll probably just go and retcon the conversation with Luke and Leia somewhere down the line.

Looking for deep hidden meaning in anything George Lucas creates is an excercise in futility...the man is not a deep thinker. This is the guy who thought it'd be a hoot to put a song and dance number in a Star Wars movie, and included "I have a bad feeling about this" because he thinks it sounds funny. The obvious conclusion from just what we see on screen is that Padme "died of a broken heart" which pretty much follows the previously established level of cheese in the romance. Read into it all you like, but it's been obvious for a long long time that George is NOT a subtle man. In fact, I'd probably wager money that if asked, he'd pretty much say that she died because she was too sad to live.

14. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    They say a picture speaks a thousand words...so to sum up all of Roupen's lectures on the Star Wars prequesls thusfar...

[image=http://www.petridish.net/pics/19662/fart.jpg]

15. bishop_2005

bishop_2005 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    I don't think she knew she was adopted, because if she had known, I think it would be safe to assume that she'd know that Luke was her bro, making that kiss even MORE wrong... yeeeeeeeuuuuuccccchhhhh.....

16. JediCourier

Feb 2, 2001
    And yet...

Luke: My father has it. I have it. And... my sister has it. Yes. It's you, Leia.
    Leia: I know. Somehow, I've always known

blech

17. bishop_2005

bishop_2005 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    I completely forgot about that... ewwwww... *shivers*

18. Spore

May 13, 2005
    Somehow, I've always known...

And somebody just forgot to tell George....

19. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    >>so to sum up all of Roupen's lectures on the Star Wars prequesls thusfar...

Geez Josh, and here I thought I was supposed to be the snarky smartass :p

20. JediCourier

Feb 2, 2001
    Hey, just agreeing with you - no point looking for deep hidden messages in a series of films revolving around stepping in bantha ***t, having eopies fart on you and a guy's head exploding when he's shot in the heart. :p

21. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    have to debunk the uber baby thing, Padme barley even looked at Leia... also just a point, they seperated the babies so there would be no connection, therefore no one would have told Leia she had a brother....

Who knows, Bail and his wife knew Padme so it's possible that Leia's memories are tied to early stories that they told her, chlidren do remember things differently, she could have formed emotions and images around what she thought her mother might have been, lots of adopted children do that.

sorry about all that text ....

22. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Sorry, I'm catching up...re: the codependence thing. Most relationships these days have some degree of it if you think about it. And that is actually portrayed in the media as what a good relationship should be like...pop on any love song. So IMO, they were definitely codependent.

23. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    Anyone beenreading the blogs on the SW site? There's some interesting stuff from some of the Lucasfilm people. Thought I'd throw this one on here:

http://blogs.starwars.com/ghent/26

24. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Good find... and an interesting read...

25. Aina

Aina Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    agreed....

as for the blue eyes...my sister was born with blue eyes and they turned to brown as she got older. its just like kittens, when they are born and they open their eyes, they are blue, but it changes as they grow up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.