main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3 clone troopers.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master_Tyvokka, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you like your clones animated, Rebelscum have pics of two of the upcoming CW clone officers. You can see the story here. It sounds like army builders might be able to get a few repaints with these figures.

2. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I don't mind the repaints as long as their affordable

Do you guys like the Hunt for Grevious battlepack? Are
    those repaints? $4 a figure, great deal.

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    They are great looking figures, but the blue troops are extremely static. The red is SA, which is nice. The minigunner is SA, but has the wrong helmet. All in all, it's still worth it.

4. urbnns

urbnns Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    I'd have to say that those limited movement ARC Troops made HFG an extremely boring Battle Pack. I bought one opener for Captain Fordo and the minigunner dude, but sold those ARC's for fodder.

The battle packs that impress me most come with SA clones. Mace Windu's Attack Battalion has got to be the one that has offered the most bang-for-your-buck to date. 3 SA clones, and a kick-butt Commander!

5. Deliriou5

Deliriou5 Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2003
    Uhhh.... where the heck did he get PURPLE colored clones? I dont mean the marines and Baraca either. Are these some kind of special order cloneage?

6. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    IIRC, those were mace Windu's batallion, another battlepack from a while ago...

7. urbnns

Mar 6, 2007
    Yes. The purple Airborne Troopers and Clone Troopers came from Mace Windu's Attack Battalion (a Target Exclusive Battle Pack that came out a couple years back). The purple and white Galactic Marines came from the first series of Order 66 two packs.

Has anyone found the purple Kashyyyk Troopers from the new comic two-pack yet? I guess they're starting to pop up here and there now. Looking forward to those!!! They're basically just purple Commander Neyos.

8. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    IF anyone knows me, i'm always looking (2-4 stores
    a day!) so i'll let ya know if i see any.
    Sorry thing is where i am, seems i don't get anything
    new for awhile , but you never know...maybe tomorrow!

9. urbnns

Mar 6, 2007
    Found 'em! Haven't decided yet how many I'm going to buy. Check 'em out!

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http:%2F%2Fthreads.rebelscum.com%2Fphotogallery%2Fwatermark.php?file=67323&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=768

10. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Haven't seen those yet, but i'll keep an eye out for them.

Did see that order 66 sets have went on sale!! Three bucks
    right now, and if you can believe it, I'm waiting for the next
    reduction!
    $4.98!

11. urbnns

Mar 6, 2007
    Already found 'em for $4.98. I'm waiting for $2.49.

12. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
  13. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Where can these be found? Great deal!

Found new Clone wars figures in Target today. Nothing special
    since their were no , well, clonetroopers!

14. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Enter "Troop builder" in the search feature.It should take you to something like this.

They also have several other clones available, but not as a troop builder. But it's a good way to save some gas and not pay e-beast scalper prices.

15. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Nothing says Clone Army like finally having an AT-TE to support my forces.

Today is a day that will be long remembered.

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    For those in the UK, an Argos insert in one of today's papers has the AT-TE advertised at £99.99. Says it holds up to 20 clones with one supplied.

17. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Wow, considering it's retailing for US $99.99 over here that's a very interesting price they've got there.

The 20 figure number is spot on. 14 in the back, 4 in the front compartment, 1 in the "cockpit", and 1 on the big gun. If you're displaying it with the rear ramp down you can actually increase that number, since there are additional peg holes on the ramp and the steps leading up to it. I would say maybe 25 clones before it started to look ridiculous and unrealistic.

I'm planning on displaying it with a bit of realism in mind when it comes to troop counts and their ranks. The main crew will be standard 6 standard white Clones (four internal gunners, one on the main gun, and one driver) led by a blue marked Lieutenant serving as the vehicle's commanding officer from the front compartment. The rear troop hold will be filled with three squads of four troops, each with one green marked Sergeant to lead them into battle. The final seat left in the front compartment will be taken by a red marked Captain, theoretically in charge of an armor group including other AT-TEs that will be unseen.

So my overall count will be 15 white, 3 green, 1 blue, and 1 red AOTC Clone Troopers. All on the lovely SA mold, with the infantry that are ready to be deployed borrowing the longer blasters from their ROTS counterparts for movie accuracy. I will not be army building or even picking up any of the new CW animated style figures...so the one that came with the vehicle will likely just be forgotten in a storage box somewhere.

18. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I can't wait to get the AT-TE. I've been waiting for this ever since AOTC and it looks like it was worth the wait. I'm not getting until next week, but that gives me time to clear out some room for this masterpiece.

I'm also totally sold on the animated style clones. At first I was gonna pass on them, but after seeing them in person and how great they look (hype for the new show and film doesn't hurt either) I'll gladly be getting all of 'em.:D

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I bought Capt Rex when I saw him at Woolies last weekend. It's a pretty nice figure. Don't know about articulation though as mine is still packaged.

20. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    I think they have everything but ball jointed hips (wish they did). The articulation is part of the reason why I'm picking them up. Clones are some of the few characters where you can never have too much articulation, IMO.

21. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    ^^
    As I mentioned above, I don't think you can ever have too much articulation on a clone trooper, and it looks like Hasbro is going to test that theory. A 20 POA clone trooper is rumored to be coming in the CW line.=P~

And speaking of the CW line, I love it, especially the clones. I'm more of a squad builder than an army builder, so I won't be going crazy with them, but so far I have 2 of the basic troopers, 2 of the Wal-Mart exclusive 501st troopers, Rex, and Commander Fox. Hasbro's really done a great job on these. The sculpts are great, and of course, so is the articulation. Really, really looking forward to Cody in the next wave.

22. urbnns

Mar 6, 2007
    My latest Ep III Clones...

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http:%2F%2Fthreads.rebelscum.com%2Fphotogallery%2Fwatermark.php?file=75073&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=768

Only 88 more to go!!

23. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Very nice. 88 more to go, huh? I wish I could find just ONE.:p I still haven't seen any trace of that wave around here. Hopefully it starts showing up soon. I've been wanting that trooper on that mold for a long time now.

24. urbnns

Mar 6, 2007
    Picked up another TLC CLP Clone Trooper yesterday.

Only 50 more to go...

25. urbnns

Mar 6, 2007
    Check these out:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http:%2F%2Fthreads.rebelscum.com%2Fphotogallery%2Fwatermark.php?file=78761&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=768

Almost there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.