main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Celsus

Celsus Jedi Padawan

Dec 31, 2017
    Nope.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    M
    Do you seriously believe this stuff?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  3. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    I can sense a coup d’etat coming, maybe when IX happens it already happened or it’s on the verge of it, but it seems like Hux will try to take revenge and also because we don’t know how the council of the FO will react to Kylo being Supreme Leader.

Maybe he will go rogue with his Knights of Ren hunting for Rey, while the Resistance already has a lot of allies and are assembling the final hit to the FO.

Certainly there a lot of things that need to be addressed, TLJ ended with a clear finale and IX is what two movies should have been.

For Leia, they can jump 5-7 years ahead and maybe show her in one or two scenes as and even older lady or just mentioning her just like they did with Mon Mothma in Bloodline (book). Her role is for sure done here now that Carrie is not with us anymore.

rebelknight1 and kalzeth like this.
  4. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I've been saying for awhile that the first word of IX's crawl will either be: Revolt! or Rebellion!

The First Order may have invaded and won, but it seems clear that there is no one in the First Order able to administrate or pacify the galaxy - Especially a First Order run by Kylo (I have never actually led anything in my life) Ren.

rebelknight1 likes this.
  5. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I like the term "Forcies". I also like the grandeur of that plot synopsis. I hope it's something big like that. Unfortunately, we're unlikely to know any time in the "forcie"able future. (Sorry, I had to)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  6. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    @Celsus This is your one and only warning to knock off the race-based trolling.

TadoFett likes this.
  7. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I’ve said it before as have others but I really do believe there is a potentially fantastic storyline for Finn to come full circle and liberate the storm troopers of the FO in IX.

Mental conditioning and child soldiers have been founding themes for he First Order. Finn breaking free of the mold in TFA showed it was possible and the ancillary material has really hit home how much youth makes up the first order.

During TLJ speculation I thought the biohexacrypt might have been a conditioning chip and they could still totally go down that route given the Finn is literally called a bug in the system.

I feel that it would be a really empowering thing for Finn to do, to free those the first order stole away. It would also allow for a climax that doesn’t devolve into a ROTJ Endor final battle scenario. Rose could definitely come as well if there were mechanical roadblocks etc

Thoughts?

8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I have a feeling that we might not see the new cast after Ep. 9. Maybe they'll bring some of them back years down the road but Ep. 9 will probably end in such a way that it'll make since why the new cast doesn't have to appear in Rian Johnson's trilogy which I think will take place after Ep. 9.

PymParticles likes this.
  9. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I think Rian will either step back long before the PT or have whole new stories apart from the Force about, I dunno, maybe bounty hunters.

kalzeth likes this.
  10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I've wanted this since I saw The Force Awakens. I picture it as a reverse "I am Spartacus" moment, where the stormtroopers start removing their helmets to reveal the unique individuals underneath.

Roosterq and TadoFett like this.
  11. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Love the idea regarding Finn. That would also bring his story full-circle. I see four major plot threads that need to be included:

-The obvious, Rey and what happens with the Jedi or continuing that for the future. Any role Luke has would be related to this.
    -Finn having closure of some kind and fully finding his place, and the ideas about the stormtroopers would be marvelous.
    -Poe becoming a true leader for the Resistance. They have been setting him up for this, and his character showed huge flaws in TLJ which leaves room for him "getting it." Leia's remaining plot can be resolved within this thread somehow.
    -Kylo's ultimate fate and the fate of the First Order. All of these four are somewhat intertwined. I could easily see a galaxy-wide revolt where people didn't want to repeat the mistakes of the Old Republic and let an extremist regime take over willingly. Maybe Lando and some of his pirate friends can sweep in from the Outer Rim as the allies mentioned in TLJ and help turn the tide.

12. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    Full circle for Finn would be abandoning the Rebellion and resuming faith in the First Order, perhaps even taking over Phasma's role.

13. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    If 9 is gonna be the end of the new characters as well then what was the point of killing Luke in 8? To pass the torch in one movie? Meh.

kalzeth likes this.
  14. BlueHenDave

BlueHenDave Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 21, 2013
    This will be my last post here....

What now? As a fan who grew up with the OT, saw the PT as an adult, seeing each movie 5 times in theatre, saw TFA 5 times, Rogue One 6 times and now TLJ 2 times, I can truly say this movie was just bad on so many levels.

I will say this....the message board has become a joke. I have read countless post of people defending and justifying this movie...it truly is a joke. Every admin on this site defends this movie and I get it...you want people to be excited for the next one as it keeps them here....good for business. What really bothers me is the level of control and censorship that goes on. True left wingers at work here...the fact I cant call Rey a Mary Sue is a joke. You are going to edit, censor or threaten me because Mary Sue is a "trigger" for some of the posters on here is so laughable. What happened to debate? Discussion? I am all for stompin gout personal attacks but silencing thoughts, opinions, etc because a certain segment doesnt "feel" good about reading it is a joke and so fits in with todays culture.

Go back and read my post...I have been a constructive poster offering opinion and sometimes facts over the years but never going below the belt.....this movie and the way this board is run like a communist oligarchy has turned me to off to StarWars. Good job guys...opps, that might be sexist...good job humans.

15. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I like the idea of this but I have to wonder why the stormtroopers would rebel when their side has for all intents and purposes won the war? If the First Order was on the ropes I could see why some of the rank and file would have thoughts of jumping ship but by the end of TLJ the Resistance have been pulverized to a number so small that they all fit on the Falcon. The FO is on top. It's not time defect. It's time for the stormtroopers to celebrate.

Force Smuggler and kalzeth like this.
  16. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Part of me thinks that was immediately the goal when they made Finn a converted stormtrooper.

17. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Kylo Ren is the answer to your question. He dosen't inspire confidence, and his actions at the end of TLJ allowed the Rebellion to escape, meaning this war is going to drag on because he had to go out there and fight his former teacher. Hux already dislikes him, and there's no sense that he instills the same kind of loyalty Snoke did in his rank and file Troopers.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  18. intravenusdemilo

intravenusdemilo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    Remember, the galaxy is JUUUST finding out about this "new girl Rey" who is a pretty talented force-user/potential Jedi. Up until the rock moving at the end of TLJ she hasn't really publically displayed her potential. Only a select few in the galaxy are aware of her "awakening" prior to that moment. Snoke, Luke, Leia, Ren maybe a few others. Even Finn, with whom she spent so much time with in TFA, hadn't seen her use the Force yet.

She saved him from the rathtars..."that was lucky..."
    How did you escape? "I can't explain it. And you wouldn't believe it."

Word will spread of "this new girl" who demonstrated her abilities. New help will come. They will rally around the new girl. Rey will have an awful weight to bear.

All that said...I highly doubt my points about "who knows what" will be explored in the next film. I think the creators are moving forward with "everyone knows what the audience knows" type of writing. But I reallllly feel part of the next film should explore the fact, until now, Rey has been pretty lowkey. And now, she is thrust into the public spotlight, so to speak.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    TITLE UPDATE. ALL GENERAL PLOT/STORY DISCUSSION FOR 9 WILL NOW BE HELD HERE.

20. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    The FO builds a new base the size of a sun which is capable of destroying the whole galaxy. It does so, and everyone dies except for Dak's son, played by Gareth Edwards, who escapes to a neighboring galaxy on a Space Segway. We find out that the entire Sequel Trilogy was Dak Jr's revenge on Luke for incompetently causing his father's death. He makes it home to the Cards Against Humanity Planet, where everyone just plays Cards Agsinst Humanity all day. Iris out.

I mailed that Synopsis to Disney and I now await JJ's eager phone call to me asking me to help him develop this masterful plot.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Maylander likes this.
  21. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Personally, I found the PT compressed the lifespan of the Galactic Empire into too short a period. I understand there were narrative restraints linking everything to the Skywalkers. However this could have been avoided by taking the creative decision not to link Annakin personally to the rise of the Empire itself - only to the fall of the Jedi.

This time around I'd rather not see the FO wink out of existence before barely anyone knew what it was all about.

Not sure where IX will take us. It would be good to get a sense of either the FO having existed for a very long time before the events of TFA, or at least the scale of the FO meaning to take it down would involve more than just blowing a couple of capital ships out of the sky.

22. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Totally agree. I'm also a little worried that if they got rid of the First Order by the end of Ep. 9 then they might be replaced with another group of space nazis that are just as interchangeable with the First Order as the First Order is with the Empire and if that happens it's going to beg the question, "why did they get rid of the First Order only to replace them something so similar?"

All that said if I'm being honest, (and I realize I'm about to contradict myself) I'm getting a little burned out on the Empire-ish space nazi's being the big bad in all these films. If the First Order ever goes away maybe the movies should start telling smaller scale stories that aren't about the fate of the entire galaxy being threatened by space nazis.

EDIT: As unexcited as I am about the Han Solo movie I do like the idea that it won't be yet another Rebels versus Empire movie. At least that's my understanding.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  23. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    And Poe Finn and Rey together eating shawarma as the last scene after the credits roll.

Well I like my idea -- naturally -- of Leia being missing because she was kidnapped by Hux and that brings both sides together this redeeming kylo as he and Rey journey together. It also can give Leia her last surprise scene as Leia in the end. Either reuniting with kylo or transcending into a luminous being to defeat the first order.

24. edustarling

edustarling Jedi Padawan

Dec 28, 2017
    This political background is what I missed most on TLJ, specially considering what I read in Bloodline.

It's understandable that a rebellion will be built on the shards of the Resistance, as all the galaxy now know about the end of the New Republic / Senate / whatever, and there are populist worlds that won't give up so easily. However, we must know how the First Order is politically organized among the centrists and how they'll react to Supreme Leader Kylo Ren. Too much stuff for only 1 movie.

kalzeth likes this.
  25. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I would say RJ's trilogy will deal with the scenario in which the Empire/FO are not the big threat to the galaxy.

Not sure about IX ending the FO. Particularly if at some point they want to make more movies with Rey, Finn and Poe.

kalzeth likes this.