main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Episode VII to open December 18, 2015

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by The Hellhammer, Nov 7, 2013.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    52, in fact, in this part of the world :)

2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Remember when that ticker didn't work because there were more than 99 weeks?

DARTH_BELO, EHT and TigerCraneFist like this.
  3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Am I the only one that thinks what Dec 18th is gonna be like,, If its gonna be Sunny, cloudy, snowing??:cool:
    ITS SO CLOSE......

4. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Probably dark, room temperature, I imagine it'll smell like popcorn and hotdogs. Of course, I don't plan to see the outside of a theater that day. ;)

dolphin and B99 like this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Who knows how long ill wait outside..[face_dunno]

6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I've decided I'm not going to opening night after all...My wife traditionally goes with me to my first experience of a new SW movie-and there's no way she'd agree to do a "midnight" showing, considering all that entails...

I will be seeing it the Sunday (probably afternoon) of opening weekend. Our local theatre has preselected seats so I'll get my tickets way early and we can show up even just like 10 minutes before it starts and still have our seats! I really would prefer IMAX 3D to be my first viewing, but I'm willing to compromise if it means not having to stand in line in the cold for over an hour! Also-I'm sure I will see it like 3 times in theatres, so I'll bet IMAX will be my 2nd viewing!! :cool:

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    40 days!

8. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
  9. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    First showings are at 7 pm on the 17th. Not midnight.

10. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Depends on where you live. Here it's at 10 am on the 16th.

11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yeeeeaaah.....

I'm betting it's way too late for me to snag GOOD seats here for anytime on the first day of showings....

Good to know though!

12. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    35 days!
    Insane, we're just a little over a month away! :eek:

It seems like the announcement of the new trilogy was made just recently!

Gus X likes this.
  13. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    True. Its still fun to go back and listen to the ForceCast PodCast from 10/31/12. Check it out (http://www.forcecast.net/story/home/Weekly_ForceCast_October_31_2012_148658.asp) The show was amazing as the news broke on the same day as the regularly scheduled show. Its fun to listen to as the news was still breaking and the excitement in the air could be cut with a lightsaber.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I'll have to listen to it now :)

Gus X likes this.
  15. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    It will get you in the mood big time. I have heard it 3 times. They do an excellent job and even get insiders who worked for the StarWars.com web site. And get this, the best thing is that since it is 3 years out, it is 100% spoiler free. ;-)

DARTH_BELO and TigerCraneFist like this.
  16. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I listened to it - it was great to hear! It really made me re-live that day :)

One month to go - 30 days! [face_dancing]

17. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    Awesome. I will listen to it again in the next few days. It still gets me pumped. Right now, I am consuming as much canon material as possible. Almost finished "Clone Wars".

TigerCraneFist and dolphin like this.
  18. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

I will probably be spending more time in a theater than outdoors from Thursday night to Sunday night.

Jedi Knight Fett and Gus X like this.
  19. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

Which Clone Wars series?

Jedi Knight Fett and Gus X like this.
  20. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    I am doing the animated series which is now on Netflix. I am watching in chorological order. Its awesome. I am surprised at how much insight it is giving to the prequels. It is helping me understand them a lot better - especially ROTS

fives_is_alive and dolphin like this.
  21. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

That was kind of a fun trip down memory lane - especially knowing what we know now. (Though it was sad to hear them talk about Detours.)
    A little over 10 years ago, I sat in a movie theater, with my pregnant wife, knowing that I was about to experience new Star Wars for the first time. I had made my peace with it. It was wonderful and sad all at once.
    Now, we are a month away from a movie I stopped hoping for when I was still a teenager. I have tickets that say Star Wars: Episode VII. It's surreal, and I can't wait.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  22. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    Less than a month now until the 17th! Crazyyyy! I feel like I just saw the first teaser trailer last Black Friday but a year has passed since then. These last few weeks are going to be tough though.

23. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

I feel like I just saw The Martian, and that was more than 22 days ago.

24. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    By this time three weeks from now, I'll be a bit drunk, annoying all my friends by endlessly talking about what I thought of the movie.

21 days!

Wally44 likes this.
  25. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Fingers and toes, gentlemen. Fingers and toes.