main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub EU Alien Diversity Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by gizkaspice, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I think the big guy in the middle looks like a Trandoshan/Saurin. Are there any species present you think look like ones we already know?
    Presumably, you all saw the Mandalorian flag outside Maz's castle.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Beside wookiees what large non-human species do we know of with facial hair?
    I don't see it.
    Jep.

Did you notice that Mez's caste have a statue of her on the roof? I liked the detail :)

General Immodet likes this.
  3. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    Thisspiasians.

Gamiel likes this.
  4. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Gamiel: I am mainly thinking of Gha Nachkt when I see the big guy in middle. Maybe, he also has some traits of a Barabel...
    The woman who is accompanying the big guy, looks like one of the Tonnika sisters.
    I did see Maz's statue. Apparently, there is also a podracer flag at Maz's castle.

5. IG Lancer

Feb 8, 2015
    The big guy kinda looks a bit like an Uukaablian.

[​IMG]

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    From the Endnotes for Star Wars: The Unknown Regions by Daniel Wallace, taken from http://geekosity.blogspot.se/2010/04/endnotes-for-star-wars-unknown-regions.html

Tagging Chyntuck since this could interest her

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Beside the serps and the tissshar what other lizard people have had their architecture shown?

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Yinchorri maybe - in pre-TPM-set comics?

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  9. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    The Kon'me from the planet Bal'demnic. We've seen them in the clone wars micro series briefly, as well as their architecture.
    [​IMG]

Gamiel likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some non-humans from TFA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Those aliens looked great in TFA. I was just surprised not to see any classic aliens.

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, beyond the name alien characters there was little showing of those that had come before. But the galaxy is a big place. It is possible that due to the area of the galaxy those species that would support the resistance would be a different variety than those that were so prominent in supporting the Rebellion. As most of those might now be stuck in putting their focus in running the Galaxy instead of ridding it of the last vestiges of the 'defeated' Empire.

13. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Well, we did see a Wookiee, a Mon Calamari and a Sullustan. ;)

spicer likes this.
  14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    And a Stennes Shifter... ;)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  15. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Compared to the other films, the new aliens don't really look that interesting IMO, except maybe Maz. Most of them look too similar to each other instead of being at least a little unique, even if it's just changing a color scheme.

16. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    art by Cristi Balanescu
    - - - - - - - - - - - -

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Anedon, Mitth_Fisto and spicer like this.
  18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    My first thought when I saw the Duros: Gar Stazi!

Gamiel likes this.
  19. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    i found out the age old question to where humans came for in the star wars galaxy.....................................................BRACE FOR IT.......................................................................CORElLIA based on star and human history on earth - how i did it i separated the hyperspace barrier between the Unknown regions and known space and the top of the world with the top of the galaxy and the bottom of the world and the galaxy and the results are a not tat surprising CORELLIA see ( image a little off (by millimeters) the red should be around corellia for your self below
    and remember if like it then press the like button like

[​IMG]

20. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I remember an information page, dealing with Earth being part of the SW Universe, was posted on Wookieepedia as a 1 April joke.

Gamiel likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    from Han Solo #1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  22. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009

That's normal for J.J. as like tfa his star trek films had a few classic alien species, Vulcans, romulans(depicted similar to TOS romulans, without the brow rodge seen in TNG and later series), redesigned Klingons, and we got one Orion with Galia in the first movie. No Andorrians or tellerites, who where among the other founding races of the federation.

I am not bashing Abrams Some of those designs are great but it would have been cool to see more classic species than just Mon Cals, Sullustans and a single wookie, it would have been even better to see them throw in some clone wars era species especially the ones that were achieved practically in the prequels Like Kel-dor(Plo Koons species), Neimodians, Chagarians, heck I'd have even settled for a Rodian in maz's castle. Just some more aliens introduced in other eras to tie tfa closer to both previous eras. Hopefull we see some in episode 8 and in Rogue One.

23. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    I'd love to see the Kel Dor again too. It makes in-universe sense that maybe there weren't so many off Dorin during the time of the Empire, since their masks make them vulnerable and the racist Empire probably wouldn't have been a great time for a species with a major weakness and a gimmick that's basically "even other people in the Star Wars universe think these guys are weird and ugly." But the new movies should at least throw one in the background somewhere. They're very cool.

Also I realized they're basically based on naked mole rats (right down to the "known for being weird and ugly" part) and that's also very cool.

People who like Kel Dor should check out Fate of the Jedi: Outcast. Large sections of it take place on Dorin and I really like the worldbuilding in it, even if the rest of the book was kinda forgettable IMO.

PCCViking and Gamiel like this.
  24. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

I also recommend The Old Republic: Annihilation. It features a Kel Dor Jedi Master against a Falleen Sith.

25. IG Lancer

Feb 8, 2015
    I always thought the Kel Dor were based on somebody with a dead turkey for head...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.