main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Everyone ready for the new Clone Wars cartoon episodes?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Kosh, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    Thanks, I should be able to check it out soon. :)

DVD set for Season 2 is out today in stores. Unless something unexpected comes up, I will have my copy tonight.

2. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I received an invite today from Lucasfilm to a special screening of the Savage Opress Trilogy. I have already RSVP'd; it is going to be a fun night.

3. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Which city you going to? I checked on Atlanta but I can't go on a Thursday night.

4. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I was doing Atlanta, but after they opened it up to the public, I am not going. I don't have time to go stand in line for 12 hours.

5. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001

I posted this a while back, but after watching the Nightsisters episode, I felt sorry for Ventress. Too bad she can't take out Dooku. Would have been cool to let her take him out and have Opress be the Sith apprentice in ROTS who Anakin has to kill.

6. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Finally got caught up with Clone Wars, got to watch all three Nightsisters episodes back to back. Well done, depth (backstory) into Ventres character welcomed. Dooku has to prove himself to be worthy of Sidious and worthy of loosing to Anakin in Ep III. Good work pulling EU into storyline as well. Very excited to see this Friday's episode.

Would like to see how (or what) Dooku did to earn some "loyalty" or favor points with Mother Towsen. I must have missed that backstory. Perhaps it will be in future episodes.

7. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    So what does everyone think of the next tri-episodes of Clone Wars, now that two of the three have aired? Not sure if I like it yet. Unlike the Nightsisters set, not sure we are learning much. Sure a few things about the force, but unless we are doing a Star Trek time-warp, Anakin's future is quite well known. Unless you had never seen Episodes IV thru VI, you should know the answers. Sure some motivating factors are present, and maybe that is why Palpatine could turn him so easily, but...

However, I will give it the benfit of the doubt. :)

8. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Definitely not my favorite episodes of Clone Wars. I suppose kids wouldn't mind it, but for the "more experienced" fan, this trilogy was a let down. Nothing new was learned. We came out of the story knowing exactly what we knew going in... The Boba Fett series and the Nightsisters trilogy were each much better. The next one advertised looks so much more promising. Keep your fingers crossed.

9. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I agree. They were too simplistic and vague. They had a lot of opportunity with the vision of the future, and it seemed to be a throw away. My padawan loved the trilogy, though, so I loved it too. My enjoyment of the series comes from seeing it through his eyes. He loves watching every week.

10. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Hopefully we will all be pleased with tonight's episode. Captain Tarkin ought to be great.

11. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    So far so good.

12. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I agree. It was a decent episode.

13. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I would like to see (Gen.) Veers and Thrawn make an appearance. More on the Emperor's Hand program would be nice. We saw the beginning with the Holocron and the kidnapped force-sensitive children. Guess it cannot happen all at once. :)

What mini-plots do you all want to see developed?

14. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Well, we certainly are getting to see why Capt. Tarkin was eager to join the Empire. He really doesn't like Jedi. I predict either he departs under a very uneasy truce, or the Jedi are forced to leave Tarkin behind...further magnifying his resentment of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.