main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Ezra Bridger (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Apr 9, 2023.

1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Is there a hologram of him in the trailer for the new Ahsoka show?

2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Yep, it's a bit fuzzy but it's there.

DannyD likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep that’s him.

DannyD likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Someone brought up a good point. Why does Ezra not have his own thread.

well @Bibliora I will answer that with this.

So what has Ezra been up to for the last decade? Is he working with thrawn? Working against him married to him? The options are truly endless.

5. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    After years of reading (and occasionally proposing) multiple theories about Ezra (with him being one of the main candidates for being a young Smoke around 2015-2017) and eventually none of them including him disappearing with Thrawn and space whales I understood that predicting about Bridger is pointless, he is going to surprise either way.

rocknroll41 and Bibliora like this.
  6. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    Hmmm. So, just how many theories are there about what Ezra's been up to? With the announcement that the inquisitor is named Marrok, it's most likely it's not Ezra. But then again, he could change his name.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I still like my idea that they have been happily married for 8 years. And adopted two chiss children. But I have a feeling that’s just me :p

Konrad Pietrzak likes this.
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    If he's doing anything associated with Thrawn or the Chiss he's probably a hyperspace navigator, an exceptionally important role in the Unknown Regions touched upon the New Thrawn Trilogy and very likely the sole reason Thrawn might keep Ezra alive after he yeeted his entire blockade across the GFFA.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
    Bibliora likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep. It’s what the Chiss use force sensitives for. Navigation. Weirdly enough they are called Skywalkers in the Chiss Ascendency. This is pointed out by both Anakin and Thrawn at one point or another.

also an interesting thing about these Skywalkers. Most “lose” their force sensitivity during their preteen years. Some rare ones keeping it into their teenage years and even rarer adulthood. If I recall it has been ages since I read the book they were all either predominantly girls or completely girls.

a lot of people assume Ezra yeeted himself and the 7th fleet into Chiss space but there is no indication of this whatsoever. Although it’s likely thrawn eventually made his way back there.

not that I think anything from the Zhan novels will appear in Ahsoka. And if it does I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s slightly changed. Just as they slightly changed stuff from the aftermath trilogy when they brought it into stuff like Mando and Book of Boba Fett.

10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I’m not expecting the Chiss to factor into this story at all and I don’t think Ezra and Thrawn are in that part of the galaxy.

Based on the trailers, comments from the cast and a few...other things, I don’t think Thrawn has actually returned to the known galaxy yet and Pellaeon is misleading the Shadow Council a bit. I think wherever he is, he’s still trapped there either by the natural elements of that part of space that make it difficult for non-Purgills to move through or because Ezra is actively working to keep the Seventh Fleet marooned (perhaps with the help of natives from that area).

rocknroll41 likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t expect chiss space to appear in this show. Or the Ascendancy be mentioned. However Zhan has said he wants to do two more thrawn trilogies. One following up with Thrawn and Ezra between Ahsoka and Rebels and one following up with Eli Vanto.

So what I meant to say was I expect thrawn to have made his way back there during the intervening ten years but to have left by the time Ahsoka will run into him in the present.

no I expect very little reference to any of the canon thrawn books.

12. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t think Thrawn has to return to the Chiss Ascendancy for Timothy Zahn to write novels about him, and I think that’s the whole point of the Eli Vanto/Ar’alani trilogy. That series can cover what’s going on with the Chiss and Grysk while the rest of the narrative with Thrawn takes place elsewhere.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Touché.

My overall point though is that I agree with you. I doubt the new canon novels will be referenced. Hell I doubt there will be any major references to HTTE and that trilogy. Other than locations and background things such as the force rejecting lizards appearing as background art in rebels. I know how to say it but not spell it so I won’t even try
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ysalamiri

these things appeared as statues in rebels.

At best what you can expect is such a loose adaptation of the trilogy it would hardly be called an adaptation.

Anyway I can’t wait to see my third favorite Jedi again.

I do wonder if he will even still be calling himself a Jedi by this time

oh also I am hopeful that Ezra will wear more than just stromtrooper armor and his yellow, orange brown suit he wore throughout the 4 seasons of rebels.

that’s what most excites me about this show. Ezra getting new clothes.

14. Bibliora

May 24, 2023
    That's like saying you don't want Hera to those goggles.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I guess I forgot that Ezra’s main outfit stayed the same throughout all 4 seasons.

I think the only main protagonist other than Kaz and Mando where that happens.
    Although Mando makes sense.

I just like the visual change.

With Ahsoka we have her first outfit her second which comes in season 3 and she has two outfits in season 7.

Omega has two different main outfits as well.

Sabine makes up with it in the hair department. Ironically Sabine’s hair color’s ranking matches my ranking of rebels seasons 3,1,2,4 weird how that worked out.

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    I find Orange to be a bit tired for protagonists, definitely in animated mediums, plus Sabine apparently likes it too. So hopefully he'll get a change in wardrobe.

That isn't Inquisitor Armor, sorry Marrok theorists.

17. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Ezra's outfit did change.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  18. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    It puzzles me that Ezra hasn't been featured much in the trailers. It's not like his character is a surprise, because we know the actor who is playing him and even seen him as a hologram. I can only suspect that he won't play a big part in season 1 beyond an appearance in the penultimate or final episode. Perhaps the scenes he is a part of are too big of a spoiler about which direction the show is going and the producers only want to reveal the 'normal world' of the heroes in the trailers. He may have a bigger part in season 2, but I'm not expecting him to be a main character this season.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be terribly shocked if he is killed shortly after making his first appearance. If he is killed by Thrawn or Thrawn's forces/minions, then the the audience will believe Thrawn is a very real threat. That might work better for the story than throwing a redundant Jedi character into the mix. Then, the show can focus on the Ahsoka and Sabine relationship and give Sabine an anger/revenge narrative for season 2, while establishing Thrawn as the biggest villain.

I'll say it here first, Ezra kills Baylan Skoll, the biggest baddie established early on in the show, then Thrawn kills Ezra, establishing a new big baddie.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    His main outfit didn’t. Well at least the top didn’t.

I just double checked again. His pants are different in season 1 and 4 and he’s also missing his little vest. Again the differences are so minimal it’s hard to tell. The color scheme is the same.

20. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I cannot say how much I hope this isn’t the case, terrible terrible idea after Marvel’s Secret Invasion. Having important characters popping up after so long away only to kill them off is terrible, especially if it is just to establish Thrawn as a big baddy when he already is by simply being called heir to the empire and given his intelligence and very cool theme song from Rebels, having him kill Ezra after he just shows up would be redundant and infuriating.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah no way they kill Ezra off on season 1.

Django Fett likes this.
  22. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    Often 90% of the trailers for the lucasfilm shows come from the first two episodes. So the absense of Ezra may indicate he’s more in the later part of the series

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
    Glitterstimm likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He’ll likely have a radical new look and or his appearance is itself a spoiler for something.

ShayaLothal likes this.
  24. Bibliora

May 24, 2023
    I will be full of growing irritation if Ezra doesn't show up until the last episode. I've been pondering his fate for a long while and my personal hope is comes back and becomes Jacen's master. If he isn't wearing orange, so much the better.

ShayaLothal likes this.
  25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Could Ezra have been stuck in the WBW since the end of Rebels, all that time he's had the voice of Palpatine tormenting him, even after Palpatine dies in ROTJ his spirit still torments Ezra. The Ezra we meet in Ahsoka is changed, he's not the firebrand youth anymore. Both Thrawn and Ahsoka have been searching for Ezra, each for their differing reasons.