main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There are times when AC Odyssey just goes, Lolcats-style:

Oh hai, not a bad run, you die now, 'K?

Cue a load of Daughters of Artemis, with wolves and bears, equalling +10 enemies in a random fight. Or you get enemies that are immune to shield removal, to spartan kick and just about anything else.

When it's not doing that kind of crap? Remains quite cool. Have gone to the Ancient Forge, have the Cult plotline running, which amps the game up even more. So let's see, armour and weapon upgrades, Mercenaries to fight - took out a couple today - ship to upgrade, random daily quests, and now a load of cult members? Seriously? This is crazy. Oh and limited crafting materials, what's that? Do I want to buy some? With real money? **** off.

The bounty meter and what activates it is weird and inconsistent. I'll take out an entire fort but it only considers some of the kills murder. Similarly, one you hit Mercenary level, how come they instantly know where you are? Feels off.

Also, took out a crapload of pirate ships, doing those is quite fun.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I just posted this in the Last movie seen thread, but definitely watch "Indie Game: The Movie". It certainly gave me a newfound respect for the producers of independent games.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Just beat Assassins Creed III Remastered for the PS4. Well, more or less. I'm going to finish up the Homestead missions before I move on to Liberation, which I've never played. You know how people complained about the ending of Mass Effect 3 in 2012? Pretty sure this has the worst ending, and it came out the same year. And while the AC games after this one are just as, if not more, fun that what came before, the modern day stories have been lackluster to borderline laughably bad. Origins and Odyssey were kind of a step in the right direction, but Layla is no Desmond.

It's still probably my favorite ongoing series. Until Dragon Age IV gets officially announced or Half Life 3 exists.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    DA4 did get officially announced, but the kicker is BioWare has to survive long enough to finish it.

5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    At this point, even if DA4 does get finished, I'll be shocked if it turns out to be good. And I'm saying this as someone who loves the first game immensely.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I just finished Detroit: Become Human. I can’t believe I was never going to play this game. It’s amazing! The storyline was incredible, and the decisions you have to make keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time.

For those of you who played it, these were my endings. Two of the three main outcomes were perfect. The other... not so much.
    Kara: Kara survived, but Alice and Luther died. I left Luther behind in Jericho to protect Alice, and the guards shot him. I should’ve taken the risk and saved him. And Alice got shot while crossing the border and died in my arms. I chose to keep going.

Connor: Connor and Hank survived. He became deviant and joined Markus.

Markus: Markus, North, Simon and Josh all survived. I took a peaceful approach the entire time. Androids were given freedom.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I suspect I'll get around to playing Detroit after I finish Red Dead. I'm a bit puzzled about Red Dead, because I'm still in the second episode and campsite, have only played about 7 hours, and it says I'm 22% done? I thought it was longer than that? Alas, I don't really care I'm just confused.

I have to say... there's no way this is game of the year. It's good, don't get me wrong. And I'm sure I'll like it even more once I get deep into the story. But for some of the mechanics alone, I think it's disqualified. The shooting is just as clunky as the original. But the worst offense is the lack of fast travel. Yesterday I spent an actual 15 minutes riding from one mission to the next, and in the end I had spent so much time trotting there that I didn't have time to actually play the mission. I don't understand why they don't at least use trains for fast travel. Or have an option at least to fast travel back to your camp! It's nuts.

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I beat Spider-man on the 4th of July and I've been playing on and off to try with the intent of hopefully getting 100%. I think I'm at 87%, at level 50, and upgrading my gadgets, suits, and other things. Backpacks, pigeons, challenges, oh my! I'm still enjoying it and debating if I should download the DLC in the not too distant future. Anyone play the DLC?

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    You should definitely play the DLC, all three episodes since they're a continuing story. It's great fun and it's 9 more hours of Spider-Man! I only wish there were even more to play.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    You mentioned a difficult battle coming up. Which one were you referring to?
    • Vulture and Electro was hard as first, but once I took down Electro, I could concentrate on Vulture who was harder to take down because of his air attacks.
    • Similarly with Scorpion and Rhino, I took down Scorpion first, and then Rhino since you had to time the objects for him to run into which I couldn't do while Scorpion was attacking.
    • Martin Li / Mr. Negative wasn't too bad. Once you figured out if he was going to attack vertical or horizontal, it was easy to dodge.
    • Probably the hardest was Doc Ock, as I kept falling off the building and the camera angle was behind me in such a way that I couldn't see where I wanted to head to not be in Doc's path so I could go on the offensive. I would land and then get knocked back by his debris and I couldn't land on the ground because of it being electrified, so it was probably the most difficult to pull off.
    • Side note: When I unlocked the new suit before the final battle, I thought I was stuck with "Re-Supply" and I had been using "Battle Focus" for most of the game to heal and such, so there was a bit of a learning curve to finish the battle with this new ability and not using what I was used to. I probably could have switched the abilities, but didn't check as I was in the heat of the battle and frustrated from dying a couple times.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There's a sequel to River City Ransom coming out by WayForward soon:

WayForward being involved certainly grabs my interest. They also put out a full-on anime intro for Shantae 5:

Though SMM2 has been mostly taking up my time lately, I did go through a few demos I had downloaded on my Switch:

-Drowning: An experimental novel of sorts- you walk first person through an environment along a single path from sentence to sentence to tell the story. Not much in the way of interactivity, though. Was somewhat intrigued but eventually lost interest. I kinda wish it just had an auto walk where you merely controlled the speed.

-Xenon Valkyrie+: Charming little RPG action platfomer, but I found it kinda directionless so IL moved on after a short awhile.

-Black Hole: A twin sticks shooter take on Asteroids. Simple but fun and quickly gets challenging. Not sure how much replay value it'd have though. Feels like something you'd onyl want an occasional taste of unless you're hardcore into old-school arcade genres.

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Definitely get the DLC. It continues perfectly from the main game.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  13. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Way to TRIGGER my wallet Wayforward.

14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Best game I played this year. It is truly quite the experience.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    @TiniTinyTony, the difficult battle I was speaking of was
    Scorpion and Rhino. I thought this was the hardest battle of the main game. Mostly because at first I tried to focus on taking on Rhino with the environmental attacks, and then realized I needed to take out Scorpion first :p But even once I realized that was the strategy to go with, I found dodging both of them until one was down to be tricky. I mean it's not like it took me forever, but I thought it was a little tougher than the other battles.

I also agree that suddenly getting stuck with a different suit for the last battle threw me. I wanted Battle Focus, because I relied on that a ton to heal me. I used it the entire duration of the game. In fact, even though I could apply it to other sutis, I rarely switched from the main suit because it was just so darn cool.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    As well as wild speculation. 5 seconds in, pause- ENHANCE!

[​IMG]

Chewgumma likes this.
  17. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Started the Life is Strange prequel earlier and finished episode one. Not as exciting as the main game because 1. Max > Chloe, and 2. No superpowers. But we’ll see how it goes over the next two episodes.

solojones likes this.
  18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I've started NBA 2K14. Yes, you've read that right.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  19. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I'm trying to get good at playing Vanquish. But then I watch youtube videos of good players and see the skill difference is still huge.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Shazam!

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Heavy Rain is a big let down. You know a game isn’t very good when you keep checking to see how much of it you have left. I’ve done 40 out of 50 chapters and nothing that interesting has happened yet. There’s been a few good moments, but most of the game has felt like a chore to complete. And the controls are horrible. Luckily it was free.

I think I’m going to play the Walking Dead Telltale series after this. I know that’s gonna be awesome.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I still enjoyed it even though it's not as good as the first one. I think the story gets more interesting in the second chapter. I am now very interested to jump into the world of Life is Strange 2/Captain Spirit. I said I'd wait until after Red Dead to do that, but Red Dead isn't holding my attention as much as I want. So I may start those as a side game to have something different to do.

That's too bad. Heavy Rain is one of my favorite games. It does have a slow start, but I remember being enthralled by the rest of it. I personally am excited to replay it now that we all got it for free on PS plus along with Detroit.

But definitely play The Walking Dead! The first season is classic, an all-time great. But the other seasons are worth playing as well. I'm now ready to carry my long-running save over to the final season. Sniff.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Download Captain Spirit first before buying LIS2. It's a free demo; and doesn't really get into the story of the main game.

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I already have the Captain Spirit demo on my PS4. I was planning to play it first since I know it comes before the main game. But I might wait to play these until closer to when the later episodes of Life is Strange 2 come out... I don't like having to try to remember what happened before and play episodes months apart. I like playing them all together. So I might wait on LIS2.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think the next episode of LIS2 is supposed to come out towards the end of the year. I might just wait for the whole series to come as a package and on sale before buying.