main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Failing the Jedi Trials

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by OnlyOneKenobi, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnlyOneKenobi

OnlyOneKenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    There's some theories that Anakin will face his trials in Episode 3 and will be expelled from the order because he fails.

I don't think the trials work that way, otherwise there'd be hundreds of angry ex-jedi padawans out there waiting for their revenge.

When you flunk a year in school, for instance, you're not kicked out of school. You simply repeat that year, until you succeed.

Therefore, I think the padawan to knight transition is similar. You're given a trial. If you fail, you remain a padawan, to attempt the trials again at some later time in life.

Luke did face some sort of trial on Dagobah with Yoda in the cave, and he clearly failed that one. Yet all hope was not abandoned. He was given another shot at Jedi Knighthood.

So I think Anakin will pass his trial and become a Jedi Knight, and then be expelled for some other reason. Or, he will possibly not even get the chance to take the trials because of his actions in AOTC.

JMT Edit - I think this is a great topic, but I think it would be better suited for the Episode III (Spoilers Allowed) forum or the Episode III (No Spoilers Allowed) forum, since you are speculating on EPIII events. Good luck! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.