main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fait Accompli (EU, Myn + Kirney) - COMPLETED 04/10/2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -thor-, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Title: Fait Accompli
    Author(s): -thor- (with thanks to Inyri Forge)
    Timeframe: EU
    Time: approximately 4 months after "X-Wing : Isards Revenge"
    Spoilers: none that I´m aware of
    Major Characters: Myn Donos, Kirney Slane-Donos
    Minor Characters: Wedge Antilles
    Summary:This is the Sequel to "The secrets of still waters". In "X-Wing : Isards Revenge" Myn Donos is mentioned for the last time in any of the StarWars EU Books and as far as I know he hasn´t made an appearance in the NJO so far. So what happened to him? Here is one of the many possibilities ...

Disclaimer:

I do not own any of the characters or the events of the Star Wars World. Star Wars belongs to George Lucas and the characters to those who created them. I´m merely borrowing them.

Prologue - circa 4 months after "The secrets of still waters"

Boots? Clean.

Uniform Jacket? Clean.

Pins and medals? Complete.

Myn threw another long glance at his reflection in the mirror and turned from left to right to see if there was anything he might have missed ? cuts in his uniform, dirt or open seams ? but he came up empty.

He usually made less fuss about his standard uniform, but today he just had to have it perfect. He wasn´t going to any official gathering ? a reception for example ? that could have required that amount of pedantry. Instead he was just going to have an important chat with his commanding officer.

He was about to turn his back to the mirror and check the back of his jacket when he made a determined step away from the mirror.

Oh boy, Myn. Look at yourself, he thought with a smirk. You´re worse than Hobbie when he fusses with his dress uniform. Stop being so blasted nervous! It´s Wedge, dammit! He isn´t going to bite your head off or something like that.

Once ? years ago ? he wouldn´t have thought that. Once he´d been a stickler for protocol, so correct that he had been more like a statue than a real man and superior officers had been higher beings or even god-like creatures. All those remnants of his upbringing, of his father´s influence were gone now from his life, but he had to go through hell and back to unlearn them.

His three personal hells to be more precise ? Talon Squadron, Falynn and Lara. He sighed. Those months had been the dominant turning point in his life ? even more dominant than the last conversation with his father and his decision to leave his native planet. He had never been the same after that, although ? speaking from his current point of view ? this was not bad at all. He had learned to value friendship, he had learned to value himself, he had learned how to live and most importantly how to love.

Love... He smiled and took the framed holo from his nightstand. This one had been taken aboard the Mon Remonda, during Wedge´s ?mutiny? in one of the many Officer´s Lounges. Him and her ? still as Lara ? dancing. This one evening had spoiled him for any other woman. It was not more than a small glimpse he had gotten there ? a glimpse of a possible future, but it had been enough for him to grasp and embrace it. He would prefer to have a more up to date holo of them together, but this one was the only holo he could display without arousing suspicions.

Well. Not much longer, he thought and picked a datapad from his desk. He was about to press his palm onto the small panel to open the door but stopped and turned back. He rummaged through one of his lockers and pulled a little black box out of it. It contained his wedding ring ? the one he hadn´t worn for a while because he didn´t want anyone to know. It wouldn´t matter from now on and so he pushed it onto his finger and left the room.

You are a naive fool, We

2. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    EEEEEEEE!

You posted!

WOOHOO!

I love this story! I absolutely love it.

~Inyri

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Poor Wedge! He really needs to get away from Ackbar.

Uh oh, sounds like this is the end for Myn as a Rogue Squadron pilot. How's Wedge going to take it?

4. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Ohhh neat! - but we're missing his story!!!
    More Pleasee!
    Reb

5. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    All right - here comes part 2 ...

Four weeks earlier...

A noisy and aggressive rasp caused Myn to jerk out of his sleep. He groaned and rolled his stiff shoulders.

"I´m awake, Clink. You can stop screaming."

The astromech´s tooting sounded suddenly apologetic.

"It´s ok. You don´t have to be sorry."

Clink sent out another cascade of warbles and beeps and Myn had to wait fro the translation on the small display in the cockpit.

"Oh I´m sure Tonin will be there. You know Kirney does not leave him alone anywhere." He turned his head as far as he could and shot his droid an amused glance. "You´ve become quite attached to the ?round-capped trash can?," he said using Kolot´s prefered designation for his wife´s astromech. "Seems you´ve found a friend."

Another barrage of beeps, toots and rasps informed him that ?droids do not know such inefficient and unlogic things as friendships? and that Clink was merely interested in ?exchanging information?.

Myn laughed. "Oh come on. You can tell that your droid colleagues, but I know you miss Tonin. You two are very similar and both of you like to chat and gossip."

Myn began to chuckle as Clink turned his mechanical eye away from him intending to ignore his master. He threw a glance at the small chrono in the upper left corner of the instrument panel. The countdown for his hyperspace flight was already at t-30 indicating that there were merly thirty seconds left before returning to normal space.

"Leaving Hyperspace in thirty seconds, Clink. Now please remember what I told you on Coruscant. You are not supposed to zap Kolot every time he is too close for your liking. He learned his lesson then ? you don´t have to remind him."

Clink emitted a high-pitched sound sounding like a sigh and then a couple of sad beeps.

"Oh come on. You cannot be still mad at him! That was almost two years ago!"

During their first stay on Commenor after the events at Kidriff and Selaggis, Kolot and Clink had had a small but very unfortunate encounter while Kirney and Myn had been out for dinner. Upon their return they had been astonished to find the astromech chasing the Ewok. When they had demanded an explanation Kolot had showed a toothy grin and declared: ?Clink ugly. Clink needed new paint.? Clink´s normal black and silver paintscheme had been covered by a cacophony of colours ? red, green, yellow, blue and white ? and it took them the best part of two days to clean him. Clink had been furious and had sought revenge by zapping Kolot with his electro welder whenever he got close to him and only the threat of a new paintscheme with Kolot picking the colour had been able to stop him.

Clink beeped an indignant response and grew silent again. He would never admit that he was actually missing Tonin and Kolot ? never!

Myn was meanwhile busy staring at the countdown. As it reached Zero he pulled the lever of the hyperdrive back and the brilliant lines of light faded into the now familiar constellations of Commenor and the surrounding systems. He had grown to love this planet. It was so different from the crowded and noisy Coruscant ? so quiet, peaceful and a little secluded. To him it was small oasis of peace in the chaos and violence of the galactic civil war.

"Commenor Control to unidentified starfighter. Identify yourselves and state your business!"

"Commenor Control, this is the New Republic X-Wing Alpha-Theta One-Six-Four-Nine. I have a landing slot reserved for Thesden Spaceport. The reservation number is One-Five-Zero-Zero-Alpha-Seven-Zero-Beta."

The com remained silent for a minute before Commenor Control acknowledged and confirmed the reservation. "X-Wing Alpha-Theta One-Six-Four-Nine. We have acknowledged and confirmed your reservation slot. Please set your navicom to 350.165 and follow the automatic landing procedures. Have a nice stay on Commenor. Control, out."

"Thanks, Control," Myn acknowledged and adjusted his navicom frequency as he had been told. The au

6. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *note to myself*

It seems to be better to post in the evening (CET) ...

7. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Thor, you old romantic!
    how wonderful!
    Keep posting - (A month of discussions.....hehe)
    Reb

8. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Just giving a friendly up ...

9. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *insert a barrage of swear-words, curses and ill wishes too the freaking ISP who disconnected me while posting*

Gaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

10. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Do I even have readers? I somehow feel abandoned :( :_|. Anyway - at least for the lurkers - here comes part III.

They had no idea how much time had actually passed by, but the need of oxygen finally forced them to break the kiss. Myn pulled her even closer, closing his eyes and savoring the feeling of holding her in his arms again. He tucked her head under his chin and breathed her unique fragrance ? a mixture of her favourite perfume and shampoo ? and for the first time in many many months he felt absolutely relaxed and complete.

Kirney clang to him and nestled her face into his chest. In a life where she had to be wary every second, making sure noone would find out about her past, he had become her shoulder to lean on and his embrace was her safe harbour.

"I missed you," he finally murmured into her hair before kissing the top of her head.

"I missed you, too," Kirney mumbled into his chest and snuggled deeper into his embrace. She didn´t think she ever wanted this moment to go by. But then she remembered her ?plan? and reluctantly drew back a little. She smiled at him and planted a light kiss on his cheek. "Come on. Let´s get your droid down here. I don´t want to be standing around here longer than necessary."

Myn saw the glint in her eyes, but he completely misunderstood her. "You don´t beat around the bush, do you," he asked chuckling.

Kirney blushed a bit as the meaning of his question dawned on her. "Get your mind out of the bedroom, flyboy! I just wanted to say that I have a couple of things I´d like to show you. And," she added smiling sheepishly, "I haven´t had lunch, yet. Actually I´m starving."

"So I´m merely good enough for buying you lunch," Myn asked mock pouting.

Kirney grinned and placed a tender kiss on his lips. "Patience, my dear husband. Patience," she muttered softly. "I´ll go and get a tech and you get your flightbag out of your crate."

A little while later Clink was finally brought down. Through all that time he had made indignant comments about ?human inefficency? and ?design errors? in the X-Wing. Ever since he had come across some files about an old starfighter design where the astromech could get in and out of his socket by himself he´d been ?displeased? by any kind of latency.

"Will you stop bitching? It´s not my fault that you had to wait a little," Myn scolded.

Clink ignored him and bumped into Kirneys legs tooting happily.

She laughed and patted his silver dome. "Hey, shortstuff ... Good to see you."

The droid emitted his equivalent of a chuckle and rapsed a question. Kirney bent down, grasped the small screen and waited for the translation.

"Oh I left them at the house. It´s not that I want the whole planet to see Kolot, but I don´t like leaving him alone, either. He´s prone to mischief, you know."

"So much for ?unlogic and innefficient? things like friendship, eh Clink," Myn teased.

Kirney shot both of them a questioning look. "Do I have to understand that?"

"Oh he has been pretty excited about seeing Tonin again, but he denies that the two of them are friends," her husband grinned. "But given the number of times he asked if Tonin will be there I´d say the excuse doesn´t work anymore."

Kirney snickered as Clink groaned and rasped a couple of swear-words. "You two are like an old couple, you know?"

Myn arched an eyebrow and put an arm around her shoulder. "So you mean we´ll have to go through a phase of bickering someday, too?"

"Hardly. Once I´m trough with training you, you won´t dare to object me," she answered mock seriously.

He blinked at her in surprise. "Training? Dare to object? I think we might have to discuss that later, my dear wife."

They stared at each other for a while, but finally lost the battle with their blossoming smiles, which grew into full-blown laughter. Clink swiveled his head from him to her and back and muttered something about ?crazy humans?.

Finally Myn shouldered his flightbag and grabbed Kirney´s hand letting their fingers entwine. "I

11. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Ahh! I love this story! And I can't wait to find out what happens!

~Rogue

12. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Gee wiz this is good!!!

13. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    We are here and we love it!!!!!!!!
    Hmmmm, changes,
    Hmmmmm
    reb

14. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Still love it! Still awesome! When you finish this, can I archive it, too?

~Inyri

15. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Sure ... I´m actually thinking about making a small page of my own - for th fics.

16. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *Up* for us Euros ...

17. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    ooooooooh...i like it, i like it a lot!

more soon please?

-JSD

18. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Good start, -thor-... I can't wait to find out what Kirney's got to tell Myn, although I think I can guess.

So what are they doing on Commenor?

More! Soon! :)

*Derisa*

19. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    What they´re doing on Commenor will be explained in the next part. :)

And you think you can guess? Damn - if you guessed right I really shouldn´t play Poker ever ... Inyri also got it in one when she looked over the story for me ;)

20. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    All right - here comes part IV. After that there are another five parts left.

The lunch had been marvelous and exceptionally tasty. Now the two of them were sitting at the table nursing a mug of caf each.

"So, my dear. What have you been up to while I was away," Myn asked casually.

A faint pinch of panic swelled within Kirney, but she struggled to prevent it from showing on her face. "A lot actually. To be honest I moved to Commenor a couple of months back."

"What? Why that?"

"Actually a lot of reasons," she began. "When Thrawn returned and began his little crusade a lot of smaller trade companies went bancrupt or had to loan money to keep going. One of the bigger companies on Corellia gained much influence during that time and now efficiently controls three quarters of the market over there. They also tried it with me, but I refused to work for them. Unfortunately they have much influence on the Diktat and so they were able to push a law through the chambers that practically gives them a monopol position on the market. I chose to leave before it get´s too bad. So I packed my belongings into my ship, came here and bought the little house we´ve rented when we´ve been here."

Myn was shocked. "I didn´t know it was that bad at home." He clenched his fist in frustration. Would he ever be able to see his native planet again? Would it ever be free from the clutches of the Diktat?

Kirney reached over the table and squeezed his hand in support. She knew the separation from their native planet was a constant stinger in the flesh of every exiled Corellian. Although they had been responsible for a large part of the Rebellion´s success, they had failed to bring freedom and democracy to their own home so far.

"Don´t give up hope," she soothed stroking his hand and once again entwining her fingers with his.

"I won´t," he assured her picking her hand up and placing a kiss on her palm. "It´s just that the Diktat aren´t the only ones who consider me a traitor. When I left all those years ago, I also left my home ? I haven´t had any contact with my parents for more than eight years. I don´t even know if they´re still alive."

She stared at him at a loss of words. "I´m so sorry, Myn. I had no idea ..."

He looked at her in mild confusion. "I haven´t told you? I thought I had ..."

When she shook her head he took a deep breath and began to explain. "My father has been a professional soldier until he retired. He´s stern, grumpy, stiff, overly correct and as conservative as one man can be. He is actually supporting the Diktat and he was a big follower of the Emperor´s ?New Order?. When I realized that I wasn´t the type of man who could kill in cold blood and I decided to join the New Republic, my father accused me of being a weak fool and ?rebel scum?. He even called me a traitor," Myn whispered wiping a tear out of the corner of his left eye. "The last words between me and my father were spoken in anger. When I left Corellia I left all family ties and friends behind." He looked up and smiled a little. "Now you´re my family and the most important person in my life."

Kirney´s heart swelled and a little of her excitement faded away. If she hadn´t misunderstood him he was actually longing for a ?normal? life and a family. Maybe asking him wouldn´t be that problematic. "Thank you," she whispered and placed a kiss on his hand.

Myn felt the pain of being separated from his parents fade away in the face of Kirney´s smile. He didn´t want to dwell on those things and decided to change the topic. "So you´re now living here?"

She nodded glad for the change of topic. "Yes. I´ve been busy fixing the house in the past few months. The former owners were glad to find someone who bought it because it is so secluded."

"You bought the house," Myn asked in astonishment. "That must have been pretty expensive!"

Kirney shook her head. "No, actually not. They wanted merely 75,000 credits."

Myn coughed and gulped. "Merely 75,000 credits? My dear wife we seem

21. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I have a feeling I know what's coming up, and it sounds like the patter of little feet.

I liked the way Clink was missing Tonin, but didn't want to admit to something as illogical and inefficient as friendship. I thought Myn's astromech was called Shiner, though. Perhaps I missed the part in the official literature where he changed his name?

I liked the way that Myn related the story of his father to Kirney, and she began to think Maybe asking him wouldn´t be that problematic. It does sound like he's yearning for a family life now; no more war, no more killing, together with the one that he loves.

22. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Actually Shiner was destroyed in the same combat where Jesmin Ackbar died (in "X-Wing : Wraith Squadron", Myn broke down after that). Clink had been Ton Phanan´s R2-unit before, but he was "transfered" to Myn by Wedge and so far I haven´t found another name for Myn´s astromech so I think Clink stayed with him.

23. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    That's an affirmative on Shiner/Clink... Clink is the droid for Myn right now.

BTW -thor-, you really need to publicize your posts more somehow... I stumbled across this one completely by accident. But yet again, I am hooked on the whole Myn/Kirney angle... You and Derisa ROCK!

-b-

24. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    FUN STUFF!!!!!!

25. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    I have a feeling I know what's coming up, and it sounds like the patter of little feet. Well, that's what I thought after the last post, but I didn't put it in my post for fear I'd be giving it away to ppl who didn't know it yet....or may be it isn't?

more soon please?

-JSD

PS...boy or girl?

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.