main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards & Contests Fall 2019 RPF Awards - Voting NOW OPEN - Through to the 11/26/2019 (or 26/11/2019)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by QueenSabe7, Oct 27, 2019.

1. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Requested and Approved by @Corellian_Outrider & @Sinrebirth

---

*waves enthusiastically*

Hello to all of the wonderfully creative players, game masters, moderating staff, and lurkers of the JCF Role Playing Forum, and welcome to the Fall 2019 RPF Awards! My name is Sabe, as some of you know, and I have been asked to take over hosting duties by the powers that be - a BIG shout-out and thank you to our very own @Darth_wanderguard for his previous years of service.

*applause*

Ok, so let’s get to it, shall we? I know a lot of you already know the rules but I'll run through them again for the new guys – or you oldbies that have recently found your way back to us.

First – We will have a 2 week public nomination period wherein you will post your nominations for the awards listed below in this thread for all to see! Please choose only one user per category. The top 5 (if there are less than 5, all nominated will be up to win) will then be announced in each category and we move on to Part 2.

Second – We will then have a 2 week secret voting period. This is where you make your selection among the chosen nominees for each award and send your votes to me privately, via PM. After this period ends, votes will be tallied and winners announced!

**In case of a TIE for one of, or the final spot in a category for nominations: How many awards either candidate has already been chosen for will factor into breaking the tie, and the user with the least will be favored.

**You do not have to nominate/vote in every category listed below, but it is encouraged.

Prizes: The winners of the “Best Roleplayer” and “Best GM” awards will get a month of colors, and winner of “Best RPG” will get to add that designation to the thread title of the game. The rest, well you get your bragging rights among your peers.

To wrap up, these awards are a great way to celebrate everyone who participates in this forum in any capacity, as you are all what keeps this community alive and well! I look forward to seeing many of you recognized for your achievements in storytelling.

And now, without further ado, I present… The Awards -

"Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer
    Best GM
    Best RPG
    Best Original Character
    Best Interpretation of a Canon Character

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer
    Most Expansive Vocabulary
    Most Humorous GM
    Most Unpredictable GM
    Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group
    Most Heartbreaking Death

Special Category Awards:

The “Split” – For the rolelplayer that is involved in several active games with different characters. So many, in fact, that you do not know how they keep all their personalities straight!

The “George RR Martin” – For the GM that likes to kill. Everyone. A lot. Especially those lovely NPCs you get overly attached to.

The “Straight Shooter” - For the player and/or GM that that is known for keeping their posts short, but sweet.

The “Princess and the Scoundrel” – This is for all the lovers out there; the best romantic pairing between any characters/droids/wampas/etc.

Good luck! [face_good_luck]

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer: @Jerjerrod-Lennox for Pascale Rouser, Vydra Delomeux and Jerod in so many games.
    Best GM: @Darth_wanderguard for Dark Reach; I hold such a torch for this guy.
    Best RPG: I’m not nominating as I have so many games at the moment.
    Best Original Character: @JediMasterAnne for Feyna Organa from Twilight of the Force.
    Best Interpretation of a Canon Character: @QueenSabe7 for Qi’ra in Twilight of the Force and Resurrection.

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer: @darthbernael, as new to the JCF.
    Most Expansive Vocabulary: @Mitth_Fisto, entertaining the hell out of me.
    Most Humorous GM: @Lady Belligerent, who always finds a way to spin a tag.
    Most Unpredictable GM: @Adalia-Durron, who co-GMs with me in Last Stand, surprises me so much.
    Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character: @LordTroepfchen, as Luke Skywalker in Twilight of the Force.
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group: @galactic-vagabond422 and @TheSilentInfluence for Ka’rta and Madelyn Linnett in Twilight of the Force.
    Most Heartbreaking Death: @Lawbreaker for Obi-Wan Kenobi in Twilight of the Force.

Special Category Awards:

The “Split”@Mitth_Fisto, because dear lord his characters are just so mentally different each and every time.

The “George RR Martin” – Not surrre. Probably @DarkLordoftheFins, generally. :p

The “Straight Shooter” - Hmmmm. Everyone I play with tends to give me an epic yarn, but @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha has some short posts which are simply to the point and good for it.

The “Princess and the Scoundrel”@QueenSabe7 and @HanSolo29 for the dramatic and messed up relationship that is Aryan Graul and Darth Syren in the Dark Reach Saga.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Thanks for taking over . . . So I make a start!

Best Awards:

Best Roleplayer - RachelTyrell, for Anna Talbott, Han Solo, Abelard Lindsay, Amy Cross ...
    Best GM - Lawbreaker ... came out of nowhere, redefined the possibilities of the format with DROWN.
    Best RPG - in all my dreams i DROWN
    Best Original Character - Anna Talbott played by RachelTyrell
    Best Interpretation of a Canon Character - Han Solo by RachelTyrell in Twilight of the Force

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer - n/a
    Most Expansive Vocabulary - n/a
    Most Humorous GM - n/a
    Most Unpredictable GM - Lawbreaker ... unpredictable
    Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character - Luke Skywalker from Twilight of the Force
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group - Ka’rta and Madelyn Linnett in Twilight of the Force.
    Most Heartbreaking Death - Maria Liang in The Reckoning (not yet, but slowly dying)

Special Category Awards:

The “Split” – For the rolelplayer that is involved in several active games with different characters. So many, in fact, that you do not know how they keep all their personalities straight!

galactic-vagabond422

The “George RR Martin” – For the GM that likes to kill. Everyone. A lot. Especially those lovely NPCs you get overly attached to.

SirakRomar, killing actually the entire cast of Candlewood. All of us.

The “Straight Shooter” - For the player and/or GM that that is known for keeping their posts short, but sweet.

None has been active lately ...

The “Princess and the Scoundrel” – This is for all the lovers out there; the best romantic pairing between any characters/droids/wampas/etc.

Can‘t think of any ...

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    "Best" Awards:

Best Role-player: @HanSolo29

Best GM: @Sinrebirth

Best RPG: Dark Reach: Episode I

Best Original Character: Aryan Graul/ @HanSolo29

Best Interpretation of a Canon Character: @The Real Kyp Durron as Kyp Durron

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Role-player: @darthbernael ( new, but definitely not a noob, exceptional work as Tarkin in The Last )

Most Expansive Vocabulary:

Most Humorous GM:

Most Unpredictable GM:

Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character:

Most Entertaining Duo/Group: Darth Helinith and Renn. Priceless humor. @darthhelinith & @darthbernael

Most Heartbreaking Death:

Special Category Awards:

The “Split” – @Sinrebirth : For all eleventeen games he is running and the Legion of NPCs he must become.

The “George RR Martin” – @Sinrebirth : Do we need a body count? :p

The “Straight Shooter” - @TheSilentInfluence

The “Princess and the Scoundrel” – @Darth Kronos for Kronos & Esmeralda. I’m still waiting for their ‘Red Wedding’. :p

5. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer - RachelTyrell, a revelation in every character as does. What a range. Innocent teen to major villain ...

Best GM - Lawbreaker, one of the view new voices we got who has been experimental and challenging and simply pushed the "art of
    GMing" a bit farther.

Best RPG - The Reckoning, not the most objective guy but I loved what the GMs did there and they made a little game from me into a franchise.

Best Original Character - Anna Talbott by RachelTyrell, the Reckoning. Simply adorable.

Best Interpretation of a Canon Character - HanSolo by RachelTyrell from Twilight of the Force (leave aside the controversy, honestly this was the first time a canon portray blew me away)

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer - Lawbreaker (for his debut as Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Most Expansive Vocabulary - Sinrebirth (for introducing the word "Epitaph")

Most Humorous GM - God, we have not been especially funny have we?

Most Unpredictable GM - Lawbreaker, basically shoving aside all masters of the twist

Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character - probably ALPHA by @DarkLordoftheFins in The Reckoning

Most Entertaining Duo/Group - Christian (by @DarkLordoftheFins) and Elina (@SirakRomar) in in all my dreams i DROWN, entertaining in quite an adult kinda way ...

Most Heartbreaking Death - Obi-Wan Kenobi by @Lawbreaker in Twilight of The Force (and I killed him, so ...)

Special Category Awards:

Sinrebirth, for all the N ... N ... NPC's. That guy is a genius, crazynor a Gerät advanced charbot to manage the amount of characters in all his games.

@SirakRomar for indeed killing everyone in Candlewood. NPCs, Players, just everyone ...

@DarkLordoftheFins clearly ... as a GM

Christian (by @DarkLordoftheFins) and Elina (@SirakRomar) in in all my dreams i DROWN, I sometimes need to shower after reading.

6. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer - @DarkLordoftheFins, the go-to guy if you need a charismatic "lead", FBI Agents in Candlewood? Existential crisis programmer in DROWN? Anakin Skywalker? Alpha? I am not in many games but he is always a standout.

Best GM - LordTroepfchen for the Crossing.

Best RPG - The Crossing, what a world, what a plot, what a thrillride.

Best Original Character - Feyna Organa by @JediMasterAnne from Twilight of the Force

Best Interpretation of a Canon Character - HanSolo by @RachelTyrell from Twilight of the Force

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer - sorry, but no idea who is around for how long

Most Expansive Vocabulary - Sinrebirth

Most Humorous GM - Sinrebirth

Most Unpredictable GM - SirakRomar maybe

Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character - Luke Skywalker by LordTroepfchen in Twilight of the Force

Most Entertaining Duo/Group - Christian (by @DarkLordoftheFins) and Elina (@SirakRomar) in in all my dreams i DROWN

Most Heartbreaking Death - Elina Liang by @SirakRomar in DROWN

Special Category Awards:

Sith-I-5, who just adds characters as he goes along...

@SirakRomar ... Candlewood. Actually GRRM never killed more than 25%. SirakRomar calls them "bedtime stories"

Actually everyone around here seems pretty epic.

Christian (by @DarkLordoftheFins) and Elina (@SirakRomar) in in all my dreams i DROWN

7. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer @HanSolo29
    Best GM: @Sinrebirth
    Best RPG: Twilight of the Force
    Best Original Character: @jedi MasterAnne for Feyna Organa in Twilight of the Force.
    Best Interpretation of a Canon Character: @QueenSabe7 for Qi'ra in Teilight of the Force/Resurrection

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer: @darthbernael
    Most Expansive Vocabulary: @Mitth_Fisto
    Most Humorous GM: @Lady Belligerent
    Most Unpredictable GM: @Sinrebirth
    Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character: @LordTroepfchen for Luke Skywalker in Twilight of the Force
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group: @TheSilentInfluence and @galactic-vagabond422 as Madeyln Linnett and Ka'tra in Twilight of the Force
    Most Heartbreaking Death: @Lawbreaker as Obi-Wan in Twilight of the Force

Special Category Awards:

@Mitth_Fisto

@Sinrebirth

@TheSilentInfluence

@HanSolo29 and @QueenSabe7 for Aryan Graul and Syren in New Sith Trials/DarkReach

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer - @adaml83
    Best GM - not answering this as its just too difficult. :eek:
    Best RPG - The Last Stand........cause reasons.
    Best Original Character - Love to hate Kayn @Sarge
    Best Interpretation of a Canon Character - Jacen Solo - by @Sinrebirth

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer - @I_am_Kooky
    Most Expansive Vocabulary ............. @darthbernael (Swallowed a dictionary)
    Most Humorous GM - @Bardan_Jusik s use of WW1 WW2 battle ship names amuses me so much.
    Most Unpredictable GM .............
    Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character - Jacen Solo - The Last Stand
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group - group is The Black Sheep, we're an amusing bunch!
    Most Heartbreaking Death............. Liam Schyler in The Last Stand - Death of a Child after the bombardment of Kashyyyk.............devastating - @I_am_Kooky

Special Category Awards:

The “Split”@galactic-vagabond422 - must have split personality!! SYBIL!!! :eek:

The “George RR Martin”@Bardan_Jusik

The “Straight Shooter” - @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

The “Princess and the Scoundrel” – ............

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  9. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer - @adaml83
    Best GM - @Sinrebirth
    Best RPG - The Last Stand
    Best Original Character....
    Best Interpretation of a Canon Character - @Corellian_Outrider

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer - @Anedon (No idea if new or not, but fun to play!)
    Most Expansive Vocabulary - @darthbernael
    Most Humorous GM - @Adalia_Durron
    Most Unpredictable GM - @Sinrebirth
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group - @adaml83
    Most Heartbreaking Death -

Special Category Awards:

The “Split”@galactic-vagabond422

The “George RR Martin”@Sinrebirth

The “Princess and the Scoundrel”@Adalia-Durron, @The Real Kyp Durron

10. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    "Best"Awards"

Best Roleplayer -
    @Jerjerrod-Lennox for your undying passion and enthusiasm in each game you participate in and in the characters you create. =D=
    Best GM - @Sinrebirth You are completely insane and must have sold your soul to some dark entity to successfully run as many games at once as you currently are. All of which, makes you 134% amazing. [face_party]
    Best RPG - A Star Wars Story: Between Epitaphs because... well, see below...
    [​IMG]

Best Original Character - Lord Manticore as played by @greyjedi125 in Dark Reach. The best beast. [face_skull]
    Best Interpretation of a Canon Character - @Lawbreaker for Obi-Wan Kenobi in Twilight of the Force

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer - @Silvertough
    Most Expansive Vocabulary - @HanSolo29
    Most Humorous GM - Hmmm oh gosh. I'll give this one to @Lady Belligerent, for reasons specified below.
    Most Unpredictable GM - Also Lady Belligerent for some highly entertaining and crazy twists, with the occasional pervy moments. *cough*Deward*cough*
    Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character - Alpha, as played by @DarkLordoftheFins in The Reckoning. Creepy AF, shame our interaction was cut short.
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group - @darthhelinith and @darthbernael for their adventures as Helinith and Bernael/Renn in Dark Reach.
    Most Heartbreaking Death - The Death/Vanishing of The Master in A Star Wars Story: Between Epitaphs. I have not recovered yet, it will always be "too soon". =((

Special Category Awards

The “Split” @Mitth_Fisto Do you ever sleep? lol

The “George RR Martin” Sinrebirth

The “Straight Shooter” - @E. L.Knight

The “Princess and the Scoundrel” Not to toot my horn horn here, but I HAVE to give props to my partner in crime HanSolo29 for riding this crazy rollercoaster of emotion that has become Aryan Graul and Syren. Their tumultuous passion has been one of my absolute favorite story lines I've participated in here in the RPF. Thank you for that.

11. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer - @QueenSabe7, just sets an incredibly high bar and always makes character interactions interesting
    Best GM - @Lady Belligerent, for pulling up so much of my slack in Dark Reach
    Best RPG - Dark Reach, but I’m biased.
    Best Original Character - @HanSolo29, for her work as Aryan Graul in Dark Reach. The direction she’s taken that character is too unique and daring not to recognize.
    Best Interpretation of a Canon Character - @QueenSabe7, as Qi’ra

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer - @darthbernael
    Most Expansive Vocabulary - @Jerjerrod-Lennox has a way of subtly using words I don’t expect in ways I don’t expect.
    Most Humorous GM - @Lady Belligerent
    Most Unpredictable GM - @Lady Belligerent
    Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character - @Sinrebirth’s portrayal of Snoke in Dark Reach was suitably off-putting.
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group - @Sinrebirth, @Lady Belligerent, for Ike and Bellorum
    Most Heartbreaking Death - @DarthIzhyZ, Serapis’ death was pretty sad to me.

Special Category Awards:

@Sinrebirth, obviously.

@Sinrebirth

@Snokers

@QueenSabe7 and @HanSolo29 for Darth Syren and Aryan Graul.

12. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer - @Darth_wanderguard he can hit any nerve he pleases at any given time when he writes his characters.
    Best GM - @Lady Belligerent
    Best RPG - ........Dark Reach
    Best Original Character: Simply can’t narrow it down to one.

"Most" Awards:

Most Expansive Vocabulary - @Mitth_Fisto
    Most Humorous GM - @Lady Belligerent
    Most Unpredictable GM - Lady Belligerent again.
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group - @darthbernael + @darthhelinith

Special Category Awards:

The “Split” – @Sinrebirth obviously. It’s beyond me, how you do it.

The “George RR Martin” – @Sinrebirth again.

The “Straight Shooter” - @Darth Cocytus

The “Princess and the Scoundrel” – it’s got to be @QueenSabe7 & @HanSolo29

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  13. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    "Best" Awards:

Best Role-player: @RachelTyrell

Best GM: @Lawbreaker

Best RPG: in all my dreams I DROWN

Best Original Character: Anna Talbott by @RachelTyrell in The Reckoning

Best Interpretation of a Canon Character:
    @Lawbreaker for Obi-Wan Kenobi Skywalker in Twilight of the Force (also honorable mentions for Han Solo, Anakin Skywalker and Batman)

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Role-player: @Lawbreaker

Most Humorous GM: na

Most Unpredictable GM: @Lawbreaker

Luke Skywalker/Darth Zorn by @LordTroepfchen in Twilight of the Force

Most Entertaining Duo/Group: Jane (@galactic-vagabond422) and Kawin (@Mitth-Fisto) in the Reckoning

Most Heartbreaking Death: @Lawbreaker for Obi-Wan Kenobi in Twilight of the Force

Special Category Awards:

The “Split” – @Mitth-Fisto

The “George RR Martin” – @DarkLordoftheFins

The “Straight Shooter” - @LordTroepfchen

The “Princess and the Scoundrel” – na

14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    “Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer - @Jerjerrod-Lennox A dream to work with!
    Best GM - Gah!! I’ll say @Darth_wanderguard because he puts up with so many questions from me.
    Best RPG - Dark Reach
    Best Original Character: Ike

"Most" Awards:

Most Humorous GM -
    Most Unpredictable GM - @Sinrebirth
    Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character - Anark, but one the best possible unsavory way.
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group - hands down it’s @HanSolo29 and @QueenSabe7 i love some Aryan & Syren

Special Category Awards:

The “Split” – Sinre, duh.

The “George RR Martin” – too many to chose one. :p

The “Straight Shooter” -

The “Princess and the Scoundrel” - welp, Aryan & Syren!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer: @Jerjerrod-Lennox; always a pleasure to work with and your characters are engaging and fun!
    Best GM: @Sinrebirth; you sir, are a machine! I honestly don't know how you keep up with your workload, but somehow, you always tell an amazing story! Your quality never wavers!
    Best RPG: Star Wars Episode IV: Twilight of the Force – A Father's Legacy
    Best Original Character: Feyna Organa as portrayed by @JediMasterAnne; one of the true heroes of TotF. It was a lot of fun watching her journey from her humble beginnings in the Senate, to finding the courage to take on both the Empire and the Separatists, and ultimately rising to the top to become the next Chancellor of the Republic!
    Best Interpretation of a Canon Character: Qi'ra as portrayed by @QueenSabe7; I absolutely love what you've done with her. You've taken the limited information we have on her backstory and really fleshed it out and made her whole. A true villain you love to hate!

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer: @darthbernael
    Most Humorous GM: @Lady Belligerent
    Most Unpredictable GM: @Sinrebirth
    Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character: Alpha as portrayed by @DarkLordoftheFins
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group: Darth Bellorum and Ike as portrayed by @Lady Belligerent and @Sinrebirth
    Most Heartbreaking Death: Obi-Wan Kenobi as portrayed by @Lawbreaker

Special Category Awards:

The “Split”@QueenSabe7

The “George RR Martin”@Sinrebirth; all those NPCs (and a few PCs) in TotF!! :eek:

The “Straight Shooter”@Snokers

The “Princess and the Scoundrel” – I may be biased here, but Darth Syren and Aryan Graul – and a special shoutout to my partner in crime, @QueenSabe7! Thank you for such an amazing (and agonizing! :_|) storyline! It's definitely one of my favorites on the boards right now! :D

16. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Still exploring more and more of the JCF but with all the stories to keep up with I don't always get to read them all, but based on what I have read or have taken part in, here are my nominations.

"Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer @HanSolo29
    Best GM @Sinrebirth
    Best RPG Dark Reach
    Best Original Character Aryan Graul, from @HanSolo29
    Best Interpretation of a Canon Character @The Real Kyp Durron as Kyp Durron

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer - I don't know many newer roleplayers besides myself and not sure @darthhelinith would count as she's a returnee not a new one but if she would count then her
    Most Expansive Vocabulary @greyjedi125 - he uses words to build such a great visualization in a story
    Most Humorous GM @Lady Belligerent - even given serious situations, she manages to inject levity into the story
    Most Unpredictable GM @Adalia-Durron - Adds twists in Last Stand that makes one think, never a bad thing
    Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character Jacen Solo, @Sinrebirth - Haven’t faced him directly but the way Sinre plays him leaves no room for sympathy
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group Ike and Belligerent, @Sinrebirth and @Lady Belligerent - those two have a wild time, no matter what they’re doing
    Most Heartbreaking Death Obi-Wan in Twilight of the Force played by @Lawbreaker

Special Category Awards:

The “Split” – For the roleplayer that is involved in several active games with different characters. So many, in fact, that you do not know how they keep all their personalities straight!
    @QueenSabe7 - She plays in many games, with a very nice variety of characters

@Sinrebirth - need I really say anything in regard to this about him????

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - Not always long posts but they do convey what needs to be conveyed when she posts.

@HanSolo29 and @QueenSabe7 for Aryan Graul and Syren in New Sith Trials/DarkReach with such powerful writing between the two of them.

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    My voting will be restrictive in its abundance of choices, mostly because after months of updating our wiki page for the game, I've had very little time to explore other games and their stories.

"Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer ---- @Sith-I-5 ; he brings character flexibility to any story environment and he has connected stories & characters from one game to the next. Its quite amazing to see the long line of connected stories through different games. Another note worthy accomplishment is his ability to bring depth with---at first---seemingly low level NPCs that he brings to life through various storyline events & character interactions. Not only do these NPCs have names & actions that mean something, you (as the reader) seem to care about an NPC that, functionally, you shouldn't care about. The NPC should simply be a Red Shirt, but they're not just an movie extra. They're the Robin to Batman, the Pepper to Iron Man, the L3 to Lando.

Best Original Character --- "Jengleheimer Voss" by @Mitth_Fisto .Mitth always has made interesting characters, ones that force you to think. A disabled veteran turned mess hall cook doesn't shy away from Mitth's reputation of interesting characters. An engaging back story and character depth draws you in post after post on Voss' journey.

"Most" Awards:

Most Expansive Vocabulary --- @Sith-I-5 ; I always learn something from Sith's choice of wordage. Never a dull moment.

Most Entertaining Duo/Group --- @TheSilentInfluence & @Bravo ; more to TSI then myself, but I feel that we've both unexpectedly formed a one-two-punch with posting in tags with each other. We've been in this storyline bit since the summer and because of the environmental factors in game, we've both been rather isolated from other players. Because of that isolation, we've been forced to almost exclusively tag back-and-forth between each other for months, driving deeper into each character's backstory, emotions, circumstances, and actions & reactions to situations.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  18. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    Only one week left to get your nominations in folks! Thank you to everyone above that has participated, we've got quite the range of nominees so far! :D

[​IMG]

19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    "Best" Awards:

• Best Roleplayer: This is so very difficult, there are so many great players involved here. In the end though I'm going to nominate @Vehn Throughout several games I've played with him, and more characters than I can count from him, he always creates characters that you either love or love to hate. Simply fantastic at bringing his characters to life before your very eyes.
    • Best GM: @Trieste for Elite League Limmie, this game has withstood the test of time and the efforts of many of his players (including me) to break the game, yet it still remains resilient under his leadership.
    • Best RPG: Elite League Limmie, see above, this game has withstood the test of time and is something unique on this Forum, a narrative driven game incorporating random die rolls for our ultimate results, but in the end the points don't matter because it's the storytelling they drive that is key to the game.
    • Best Original Character: Kayn "mean Streak" Balzroth by @Sarge This guy cracks me up, is the perfect example of the brash fighter pilot but with demons inner demons that continue to drive him.
    • Best Interpretation of a Canon Character: No nomination

"Most" Awards:

• Most Promising New Roleplayer: @Bacta Bubble Bath Well, new to us anyway, but you can see he has done this before. ;)
    • Most Expansive Vocabulary: @Mitth_Fisto
    • Most Humorous GM: Trieste
    • Most Unpredictable GM: Trieste (though the random number generator is the real hero here :p )
    • Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character: No nomination
    • Most Entertaining Duo/Group: The entire cast of the Black Sheep (excluding my own characters, they have no sense of humor, so Sarge, vehn, mitth_fisto, @Corellian_Outrider @TheAdmiral galactic-vagabond422 @Mistress_Renata @Adalia-Durron @Rebecca_Daniels @BobaMatt @Anedon Bacta Bubble Bath and everyone else that I might have missed ) The players in that game all play off of each other so well and are an endless source of entertainment, no matter how they are split up.
    • Most Heartbreaking Death: Ty Allin in Elite League Limmie by @Runjedirun

Special Category Awards:

• The “Split” – For the rolelplayer that is involved in several active games with different characters. So many, in fact, that you do not know how they keep all their personalities straight! @galactic-vagabond422 so many games so many different characters. And all played so beautifully well.
    • The “George RR Martin” – For the GM that likes to kill. Everyone. A lot. Especially those lovely NPCs you get overly attached to. No nomination
    • The “Straight Shooter” - For the player and/or GM that that is known for keeping their posts short, but sweet. @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    • The “Princess and the Scoundrel” – This is for all the lovers out there; the best romantic pairing between any characters/droids/wampas/etc. Sarge for Kayn Balzroth and his love affair with himself.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  20. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer:
    Best GM: @Trieste Has kept a steady hand on the ship that is the ELL despite all of our attempts to rock said boat. And is willing to rock the boat themselves just to keep it fun for the rest of us. Has never let us down, and has alway warned us if things were delayed or early. Has let us run wild with our own stories having wars and occupations of planets, along with quieter more personal stories. Room for everyone and everything in this game about a sport that everyone loves.
    Best RPG: Elite League Limmie, has been here since I rejoined, was the first game I joined and have the most fun playing. Just because sports is at the center doesn't mean it is all about that. I have had more creative freedom here, to write whatever I want without feeling like I'm, breaking the rules...too much. If anyone is turned off by the sports aspect of it I encourage you to take another look.
    Best Original Character: @Ameteth Zephyr Vaillancourt (Psion) Marvel Heroes, a friend and sometimes foil to my characters in that game. They are a joy to read to see how they view a world of heroes and how it differs from mine. It is a joy that I get to play with them again.

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer
    Most Expansive Vocabulary: @Sinrebirth
    Most Humorous GM: @Bardan_Jusik
    Most Unpredictable GM: @Bravo
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group: The Black Sheep
    Most Heartbreaking Death: Zey from Twilight of the Force

Special Category Awards:

The “Split” – For the roleplayer that is involved in several active games with different characters. So many, in fact, that you do not know how they keep all their personalities straight! @Mitth_Fisto

The “George RR Martin” – For the GM that likes to kill. Everyone. A lot. Especially those lovely NPCs you get overly attached to. @Bardan_Jusik

The “Straight Shooter” - For the player and/or GM that that is known for keeping their posts short, but sweet. @TheSilentInfluence

DarthIshyZ, Sith-I-5, Bravo and 4 others like this.
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [face_devil][face_love]

[face_rofl]

22. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    "Best" Awards:

Best Role-player: @LordTroepfchen for his stunning portrayal of Luke Skywalker as a Darksider somewhere between a Serial Killer and the next Emperor in the making, a pleasure reading his fall.

Best GM: @Lawbreaker, for the unique and thrilling experience both his games are.

Best RPG: in all my dreams I DROWN, blowing me away in every way. A story superior to most Hollywood scripts!

Best Original Character: Kawin by @Mitth-Fisto in The Reckoning

Best Interpretation of a Canon Character:
    @Lawbreaker as Obi-Wan Kenobi in Twilight of the Force, a spot on Alec Guiness interpretation of the Jedi Master.

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Role-player: -

Most Expansive Vocabulary: -

Most Humorous GM: -

Most Unpredictable GM:
    @Lawbreaker, the master of the plot twist

@DarkLordoftheFins and @SirakRomar (flashbacks) as Simon/ALPHA in The Reckoning

Most Entertaining Duo/Group: Christian and Elina in DROWN (@DarkLordoftheFins and @SirakRomar)

Most Heartbreaking Death: Laura Changte (@SirakRomar) in The Reckoning

Special Category Awards:

The “Split” – @DarkLordoftheFins for playing 50 shades of heroes

The “George RR Martin” - @SirakRomar for Candlewood

The “Straight Shooter” - none

The “Princess and the Scoundrel” – Christian and Elina in DROWN (@DarkLordoftheFins and @SirakRomar)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Whoa, big message for me! I feel like I just got SURRENDER DOROTHY'ed. Working on it... Stand by... Just a few more seconds...

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    (I was working on a post, saved as draft, now it's gone. Grrr. Starting over...)

"Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer: @Rebecca_Daniels. Anybody who creates such interesting and well fleshed-out characters and writes so beautifully deserves recognition, especially when she is so often forced to do so in concert with Kayn/me. She should at least get a sympathy vote for having to do that.

Best GM: @Bardan_Jusik. By default. :p

Best RPG: Black Sheep. Duh. Or, if you prefer, baa.

Best Original Character: Max by @Mistress_Renata. Sure, she can be frustratingly pig-headed, but she's also wildly inventive and never ever boring.

"Most" Awards:

Most Humorous GM: Again, @Bardan_Jusik

Most Unpredictable GM: @Bardan_Jusik yet again, predictably.

Most Entertaining Duo/Group: Black Sheep Squadron, the whole fracking flock. @Adalia-Durron @Mistress_Renata @Anedon @Rebecca_Daniels @The Vanguard @BobaMatt @Mitth_Fisto @Bacta Bubble Bath @Vehn @TheAdmiral @galactic-vagabond422 @The Real Kyp Durron @Corellian_Outrider and anyone else I may have inadvertently left out.

25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, it was a nice touch, having a personalised banner greet me on my phone, urging me to come here. Hope I did this in time...

"Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer - @Mitth_Fisto in Paradoxical Echoes
    Best GM - @Lawbreaker
    Best RPG - Oh easily, in my dreams i DROWN, an intriguing tour de force of a game.
    Best Original Character - @Mitth_Fisto 's SGC anthropod in Marvel Heroes: New Breed
    Best Interpretation of a Canon Character - @pashatemur for Anakin Skywalker, in Galaxy at War

"Most" Awards:

Most Promising New Roleplayer - n/a
    Most Humorous GM - n/a
    Most Unpredictable GM - @Lawbreaker
    Most Unsavory Original/Canon Character - @Bravo 's Lord Tarfa in Paradoxical Echoes. He's hell on three-year-olds!
    Most Entertaining Duo/Group - I was veerryy impressed with a recent combination post between @darthbernael and @greyjedi125
    Most Heartbreaking Death - For what hurt me the most, Sidney slaying three Tritec researchers, and an ex-LAPD lieutenant, in all my dreams i DROWN

Special Category Awards:

The “Split” @galactic-vagabond422

The “George RR Martin”@Lawbreaker

The “Princess and the Scoundrel” @Corellian_Outrider 's Corran Horn, out in a fishing boat on Scarif (The RPF Sunny Beach Vacation), desperate to get back to shore to save Mirax Terrik. Not clear on who played her.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019