main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

fan film

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by MASTER-SITH, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    How long is it? As long as its not as bad as the last one I'll probably do it. :p

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Uhhh, it is the last one.

Still the last movie dude, i'm going to get it rotoscoped if it kills me!

3. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Oh... lol how long have you been working on it? If I remember rightly it wasnt that good of a fight and it was realy long. :p Oh yea btw I'm doing lightsaber fight for the choreography competition on the fanfilms board, so laugh if you will but meh it'll turn out good, i've got 2 proper lightsaber fighting sabers made up and my partner and I are prety good with ideas so it should turn out ok.

LIIIIINK

Heres the sabers...

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4619/dscf10718ve.jpg
    http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8905/dscf10726ah.jpg
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7041/dscf10745dz.jpg
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/4153/dscf10753al.jpg

Prety simple but if they are any more complicated they are hard to fight with.

4. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    You got the video online so we can have a look at it?

Nice hilts by the way. How long did it take you to make them?

5. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Welshguy use that program i told you about to rotoscope your short fast. I would but i lack the time

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I would too, but I lack the inclination.

I mean, do you think George Lucas rotoscopes his own lightsabers?

I think not!

7. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Welshguy posted on 8/9/05 11:37am
    You got the video online so we can have a look at it? [hr][/blockquote]

We havent done it yet, we havnt started the coreography yet, but I recently got the buggers drilled so now i am able to attach a dowel into the end of them and I also have two covertech belt clips (the ones used in the movies) so that I can attach them to any belt.

Edit: I just remembered the belt clips are kind of hard to find so I might as well mention where I got mine...

http://www.cases.com/cobc.htm

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=Welshguy][b][hl=transparent][color=Blue] Welshguy[/color][/hl][/b][/link] [b]posted on 8/9/05 11:37am[/b][hr]Nice hilts by the way. How long did it take you to make them? [hr][/blockquote]

Each one took about a hour, maybe 2 to make. They are very simple designs, built for actual fighting rather than display.

8. Master_Qel_Droma

Master_Qel_Droma Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    Out of interest what did you use to make the hilts? ive been looking for suitable materials for ages, but cant find anything im satisfied with.

9. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Aliminuim bar on a lathe, comes out realy nice. Although proper lathe's are very hard to get hold of.

10. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Just a update on this thing myself and my friend are filming we've started choreography now and are recording it (slowed down) for visual reference. I estimate that we'll probably film it before the holidays are finnished. No one probably cares or is interested but I thought I'd mention it. :)

Btw Welshguy, the fight you did before, what was it filmed on? Like, what type of camera?

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    first off, I appreciate the use of blue in my name!

It was filmed on a Sony VX-1000. It's a very nice and very expensive digital video camera.

12. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Just looked it up, very expensive and very nice, most I can afford is a Cannon MV600i. Which is what this, was filmed on...

http://odj310388.com/other/videos/light1.mov

Its not the finnished thing just a visual guide on the moves we are doing, and the saber was just a test of a new rotoing method. :p

13. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    That blade looks pretty good to me. The glow works well and it has a good arch. Of course, only being a test the frames where the blade doesn't match the stick are not even worth mentioning.

So what is this test for ODJ?

14. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    his fan film thats going to star me!

15. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Odj, if you've got access to a metal laive have you ever thought about doing a few ready-to-go stunt sabers for selling? (At excessively low prices) ;)

Btw, what was the rotoing method you were testing?

16. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I think it didnt match because I rended at a lower framerate than the footage was at so it went a bit screwy. The test as I said is just a visual guide for me and my friend so we know each move of this lightsaber fight we are doing.

Um... no. :p

I have thought about it and since I just quit Design Technology I dont think they would be to happy with me using their machinery anymore, but if you realy want some I might be able to sort something out.

The new Ryan W method.

17. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Just tested the new Ryan W method myself, works pretty good. Noticed if you set the adjustment layers mode used for colour to add you get a very RvB effect.

I'm pretty stuck for stunt sabers, so far any i've seen selling have gone for hundreds of dollars i don't have, and i don't have a metal laive : /

18. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    How much would you be able to afford for each one?

19. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Good question. 50p? :p I'd need a minimum of two i guess, and I don't know how much materials would cost you, and of course how much effort/time you have to put into it.

Do you have any rough guideline?

20. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Well I cant remember how much the material cost but it wasnt that much, you'd need to order the aliminium as a set bar and then cut it in two and work on it like that. Its best to get a bit thicker than is needed so you can work the material down. Obviously it wont be CHEAP but it wont be that expensive either, also because I'd make it myself you'd be able to design it yourself.

21. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    hey you couldnt make me a hilt for an EL bladed lightsaber could you?

22. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Sounds cool. I'll pm you to save spamming the board repeatedly

23. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    What? :confused:

24. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    im trying to find somebody who can make me a hilt for my costume. if i gave you the basic idea could you make it? i also want to put in EL electronics so i can then buy a blade and use it for dueling. Can you help me at all?

25. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    No sorry, the ones I make are only for combat use not for having electronics inside. If your going to be dueling with them why do you need electronics in them? :-\ Wouldnt you need something sturdy that wouldnt break e.g. a wooden dowel? Although saying that I have a wooden dowel here which I was using in that test I did that has a spilt down it. :p But the good thing about them is that they are only like £1 each, very cheap. And you can just paint them red or green or blue or whatever colour you want.

Edit: If you want me to just make you a hilt I can do that, they are prety simple to do, but as I said to Rhys I'll have to find out if I'm still allowed to use the lathe in school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.