main
side
curve

Saga Favorite Star Wars film and Why (Revised)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DBPirate, May 10, 2020.

?

Which Star Wars film is your favorite?

1. Episode I: The Phantom Menace

12 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Episode II: Attack of the Clones

12 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

41 vote(s)
    22.8%
  4. Episode IV: A New Hope

24 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

56 vote(s)
    31.1%
  6. Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

18 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. Episode VII: The Force Awakens

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

11 vote(s)
    6.1%
  9. Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. TFWBWYA

TFWBWYA Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2022
    I honestly consider Revenge of the Sith a masterpiece.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    ANH

It's the most fun, and most defines what Star Wars is supposed to be, to me.

3. Tay Neir

Tay Neir Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2022
    Revenge of the sith. Best lightsaber battles throughout the saga with Battle of the heors.

4. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    I feel kinda weird commenting without reading the whole thread, especially in a short one like this. But my top 2 is RotS and RotJ, with RotS being significantly higher. The main reason these two call to me the most is Anakin. I love Anakin's story and his characterization throughout. He falls to the lowest lows possible, yet returns to the hero he could've been when the galaxy needs him most. I have always recognized much of myself in Anakin, both the good and the bad. He is a tragedy but also evidence that you can always make the right decision and begin down the path to being a better person even if you have done evil. the other original 4 are all very close, with probably TPM being highest because of how it sets up Anakin and Palpatine. Both RotS and RotJ have a lot more going for them, like the death of Jabba and Grievious. The stunning space battles. The conversations between Luke and Vader and Obi Wan and Vader. Palpatine's machinations in both films. My least favorite is TFA, due to being to derivative for my tastes. But i am glad every film has atleast a couple votes. Every fan appreciates different things, and that is part of what is great about major fandoms. Everyone can enjoy it in their own unique way. I stand by my consistent stance that Art of all forms is inherently subjective and I think the differences in favorites helps illustrate that.

5. TFWBWYA

TFWBWYA Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2022
    Truly, the first Star Wars movie is the epitome of a fun movie.

Sarge and Tay Neir like this.