main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Favourite Obscure Pieces of Lore

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 19, 2022.

1. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I still think Han's supposed father still isn't his father :)

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Maybe he has several... it were wild times on that ship his mom drove!

3. Darth Vectivus

Darth Vectivus Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 9, 2023
    In the EU Vader castle is in Vjun not in Mustafar but in Jedi Academy game you travel to Vjun and there is lava in some level similar to Mustafar

MercenaryAce likes this.
  4. Galactic Bibliophile

Galactic Bibliophile Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2021
    In the Rogue Squadron: Rebel Strike III game in the Relics of Geonosis level, Wedge finds an old Jedi starfighter on Geonosis and uses it to escape the planet. Conveniently it’s hyperdrive ring is also still intact in Geonosis’s ring field. While I’m sure the ship has some type of connecting device that lets it find its ring it is unusual how it stayed in the belt for 20 years AND I wonder which Jedi it belonged to.

5. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    So, I was looking through The Jedi Path to cite information on Fae Coven, Yoda's predecessor as Grand Master, and found this interesting quote.

"Grand Master is a title bestowed upon the greatest of all Masters, those who have been recognized as such by the members of the Order and ratified through the unanimous decision of the High Council. In the past, several Masters have held the title simultaneously and in essence created an elite guild."

I guess the idea of there being multiple Grand Masters at the same time isn't something original to the High Republic as I had initially thought. Kind of like how the Darth Plagueis novel suggested there being a precedence for Co-Chancellors.

6. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    Her Wookieepedia page says the date of Fae’s death is lost to history yet this is never stated in Jedi Path. This is even more exciting lore because it shows that even in a super-advanced civilization with sophisticated data recording methods; records still get lost.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  7. Carib Diss

Carib Diss Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 31, 2024
    WOTC ran published an online article about "Space Worrts"

even wookieepedia doesnt really seem to acknowledge these guys, so here is the archive link

https://web.archive.org/web/2009101...efault.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20021121worrt

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    In You Owe Me a Ride (the FACPOV story for the Tonnika sisters), them not really being the Tonnika sisters isn't mentioned, but Brea says she wouldn't work for the Empire because of "what they've done to our kind."

9. Darth Vectivus

Dec 9, 2023
    I'm surprised by the different Lightsabers Revan had in KOTOR comics during the Mandalorian Wars Revan have a Purple Lightsaber but in SWTOR Galactic History videos Revan uses a Blue Lightsaber when he defeats Mandalore the Ultimate during the Jedi Civil War in Duron Qel-Droma Force vision Revan also uses a Blue Lightsaber when he defeats Malak but in the Revan novel Revan uses a Green Lightsaber and in SWTOR Revan uses the Purple Lightsaber again

10. Carib Diss

Mar 31, 2024
    I played kotor and I can confirm that revan used 10 different lightsabers and 30 different crystals, generally looted from the people he killed.

11. Darth Vectivus

Dec 9, 2023
    I'm trying to talk about the Lightsabers that Revan canonically used

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
  12. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    New obscure lore

In Inquisitor: Rise of the Red Blade, Iskat (The Thirteenth Sister) becomes very “good” at her job, often bringing the decapitated bloody heads of her victims back to the Fortess, making a mess (yuck). The fact that this was happening so often means that there were a LOT more initial Jedi Purge survivors than we thought. Add that to the named survivors Iskat killed and the work “assignments” of her fellow Inqusitors; it is likely 200 Jedi survived Order 66; a measly 0.02% of the total Order.

Also some of Iskat’s victims may not have been Jedi though tbh

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  13. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, it doesn't get a lot of focus beyond the occasional "rescue the force sensitive kid" episode, but it is made clear in both legends and canon that the Empire hunted down a lot more than just jedi, and that both force organizations and random force sensitives suffered greatly. Crimson Reign in particular establishes that there was another purge aimed specifically at dark siders, and that even talking about the force could get non-force sensitives in trouble, with one of the characters being a former professor on force artifacts forced out of her position and targeted for extra surveillance by the empire.

Galactic Bibliophile likes this.
  14. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    According to West End Games, the Empire churned out 5-6 Star Destroyers per day. This I recently read on Quora. Can anyone confirm?

15. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I vaguely recall that, yeah. But no idea where it was stated. But didn't it refer to "during its height" or something so it does not mean from 19BBY to 4ABY but merely later on?

That'd be like 9125 Stardestroyers in 5 years going by 5 per day and a 365 days year. If at its height the Empire refers to Imperial Stardestroyers and not Venator, Victory, Tector, etc. which they may see as support or War leftovers and early Empire "old ones", then that may work numberswise. Height of the Empire refering to after dissolution of the Senate maybe?

With 25000 Stardestroyers tops and losses being replaced giving us a little margin on top, it can work. Not all Destroyers live as long as the Chimera and other high profile ones, some may be repaired less or replaced faster.

15 years of that rate 5/day would give you 27375 Stardestroyers. So roundabout 25000 as sources stated, minus losses. Leaving the first 10 years of the Empire for TCW leftover ships like Venators and VSDs reigning surpreme as majority with few Stardestroyers slowly gaining the upper hand in numbers and 10BBY-4ABY full on ImpStar production focus. Or if the sourced numbers of 25000 are already as of ANH, then even earlier starting 5 years after the Clone Wars.

QuinlanSolo and Iron_lord like this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I seem to recall a source said the Empire doubled the size of its Navy during the Galactic Civil War.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  17. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    Something I just learned from Corey's Datapad's latest video (literally just uploaded today): the Pyn'gani from Empire at War were actually supposed to be penguins rather than the human-looking species they ended up being (which I think creates unfortunate implications similar to the Epicanthix...)

I will now forever imagine the Pyn'gani to be penguins as part of my headcanon. Especially so I can have a penguin Jedi Master.

18. Carib Diss

Mar 31, 2024
    Riders of the Maelstrom also had penguin-like creatures in one passage.

19. Darth Vectivus

Dec 9, 2023
    There was a Chiss Dark Jedi in the EU during the Clone Wars her name was Sev'rance Tann

20. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Oh yeah, she was the Separatist-side player character in one of the RTS games, right?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
  21. Carib Diss

Mar 31, 2024
    Galactic Battlegrounds, the AOE2 clone.

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  22. Carib Diss

Mar 31, 2024
    Han Solo encountered an ancient sith warship stuck in the gravity pull of a black hole in the Rishi Maze while doing a supply run for a rebel base in the Rishi Maze. This is the only story that takes place inside the Rishi Maze, unless you count Kamino.

23. Darth Vectivus

Dec 9, 2023
    In the EU is canon that Palpatine cremated Plagueis' body and his remains are in one of the black vases that Palpatine has in ROTS

24. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I support anything that results in penguins. One of the happiest days of my life was finally seeing penguins in a zoo.

25. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    I just learned that in the radio drama of Episode IV; Princess Leia gives R2-D2, Obi-Wan’s coordinates on Tatooine and R2 pilots the escape pod to go to that general location.

Nom von Anor and darklordoftech like this.