main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Favourite Obscure Pieces of Lore

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 19, 2022.

1. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Penguins are amazing

Dream-Thinker and MercenaryAce like this.
  2. Carib Diss

Carib Diss Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 31, 2024
    The bizarre Agent of the Empire comics would make Count Dooku's brother Adan Dooku very into gungans. Down to creating an "Otoh Dooku" on Serenno.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Such a missed opportunity to give Dooku the first name "Kristofer".

4. clonegeek

Oct 28, 2022
    I love those two minis but man, having him know both Leia and Han before ANH is insane

5. Galactic Bibliophile

Galactic Bibliophile Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2021
    In 2010, a free online browser game was posted on the Hasbro website. It depicts rescuing troopers in escape pods scattered all over Naboo.

Yeah Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue but uses the Force to turn into an X-Wing to do so………

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    Kadar Ordo likes this.
  6. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I forgot about that comic. Bond in Star Wars.

7. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    Oh wow, I remember that game. If it's what I'm thinking of, then that reminds me of another bit of trivia that's obscure for both Star Wars and Transformers!

So, in Transformers, they have a multiverse similar to Marvel and DC, but instead of being called Earth-[number], they have some made-up alien name, a series of numbers corresponding to the release date of the source material, and a Greek letter corresponding to the type of media (Alpha for cartoons, Gamma for comics, etc.)

The Star Wars Transformers reality is classified in that system as Lukas 577.25 Beta, with "Lukas" of course being a reference to George Lucas, "577.25" referring to the release date for the original film, and Beta being the designation for toy-only bios.

Yes, Star Wars is canon to the Transformers multiverse (at least a version of it where the characters are all machines).

Yes, this is the nerdiest, most useless bit of trivia that I know. I don't think anything in the EU - Legends or Canon - comes even close to matching this in terms of how ultimately pointless to the overall story of either franchise it all is (unlike Star Wars, Transformers never really did get away from its Marvel roots. I still love it though, silliness and all).

8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That reminds me, in Episode 1 Racer, the planet Aqualris used gungan submarines despite not being a gungan world itself, implying some sort of export business for Bongos,

More bizzarely, you can also see an opee sea killer, which means this world decided to import a deadly sea monster to their world for some reason. Probably while the tourism business there ain't what it used to be.

Speaking of misplaced sea life, some species of fish can be found on both Corellia and Acht-to, despite the latter being one of the most isolated planets in the galaxy. Similarly, it seems being undiscovered/very recently rediscovered didn't stop it from exporting green milk to Batuu

Agreed. I liked the comic overall, but boy did it love cramming in illogical cameos in a way that would make the live action series blush.

Though, to be a hypocrite, I loved that they brought back Iaco Stark of all people to be a bond villain, cause he is fitting for the role.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
  9. Carib Diss

Mar 31, 2024
    Aiwha originated as concept art for gungan mounts, Galactic Battlegrounds ran with that concept art for their Gungan air units.

Aiwha were later used on Kamino, so we ultimately end up with Aiwha existing on both planets. So Naboo exports it's wildlife ALOT, the Ophee Sea Killer was also on Strokill Prime in Star Wars(2015)

As for agents of the empire, I found it only notable for some of its goofier settings and moments, tbh. I find the "angsts about working for the empire but never doing anything about it" plotline somewhat overplayed and frankly they should have played him as a cartoonishly evil James Bond hunting rebels if they weren't going to do anything with it.

10. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Also Cross/Armand Isard interactions were comedy gold, Bond/M-style.

But logical ones were great, especially Ysanne's one, with heavy Azula vibe.

CeiranHarmony and MercenaryAce like this.
  11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The webcomic Schlock Mercenary had a storyline where a beach resort planet was suffering from a spree of shark attacks despite being a terraformed planet with no native or imported predators - turned out a mad scientist had cloned them on the grounds that "sharks have every right to the ocean too!"

Could also be something like that.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  12. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    Yeah Star Wars does this a lot. Stuff from highly isolated planets just show up on other planets with no explanation.

A possible headcanon is that there are thousands and thousands of independent spacers that have traveled countless time for millennia to different planets. Trillions of trips. And with that much “cross-contamination”; weird stuff turns up in weird places and there is no point in trying to find the origin of it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
    Sarge and MercenaryAce like this.
  13. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Retcons exist, Rakata did it, specifically for Banthas but also others.

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

MercenaryAce likes this.
  14. clonegeek

Oct 28, 2022
    I always wondered if the series continued who else would have cameoed.

Could we have gotten a Tatooine arc where he is dealing with Jabba and bumps into both Luke and Obi-Wan?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That too. In fact, I had a headcanon that Naboo was commonly used as a template for terraforming because it was considered a pleasant place to live.

And Aiwhas are useful enough I can see a reason to export them.

Opee Sea Killers seem like an odder choice to spread unless one is very insistent on copying the ecosystem exactly out of fear that there would be a collapse without the apex predators. Or they tasted delicious or something.

Also they show up on Ningoth in the Freemaker Adventures, which is "canon-adjacent." The mystery of how they got there is heightened by the fact that there doesn't seem to be any sign of settlement on the planet, though maybe that is just what happens when you put giant monsters in your ecosystem.

Yeah I was kind of sad he didn't turn out to be evil secret police bond and had more morally acceptable missions, though the Dooku fiasco had some gray sides, and him being from Alderaan made him prime for a defection if lived long enough, but overall I still enjoyed the story and him peeling back the layers of mystery around each case. To the point where I was a bit sad that Dooku: Jedi Lost changed the family situation enough there can't be a version of that story in canon.

True, true. As I said before, I thought it was brilliant to bring back Stark as a bond villain (cause honestly he was kind of a successful one in his first appearance), the Dooku family was an interesting yet logical follow up, and I geeked out about seeing all of the CSA's toys from West End Games in action.

I also loved the rivalry aspect of imperial intelligence and would be interested to see that continue if the series had gone on longer, maybe work in ISB rivalries as well.

XD

I could definitely see something like that happening in star wars, especially after Nuveo Vindi's advocacy for a deadly plague.

Good point.

Especially with the fish - after all, even if Acht-to was totally cut off from the rest of the galaxy, it obviously wasn't at some point if the jedi spread from there, so possibly species spread long enough ago that most people wouldn't suspect they aren't native.

I have also headcanoned that Acht-to wasn't totally cut off, and engaged with some trade with Unknown Regions and Wild Space populations, but it was pretty obscure and the people who did know of it had little reason to think it was the home of the legendary first jedi temple.

Yeah...

Plus, I suppose at some point one just has to accept convergent evolution as a thing, since there are three creatures in canon based off the knobby white spider concept art and all are too different to be related.

Oh, and the world between worlds implies a possibility of pre-spaceflight interplanetary travel, which could do a lot to explain the spread of distribution of both sapient and non-sapient species.

Probably. All characters go to Tatooine if their stories run long enough.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  16. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    If Jahan Cross were to cameo in Andor that'd be a perfect match. Not gonna happen but imagine an Andor style spinoff series about him...

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

Nom von Anor and MercenaryAce like this.
  17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    IMO, Andor's much more of the "stale beer" style of spy fiction compared to AOTE's "tuxedo and martini".

Ventrix, QuinlanSolo and MercenaryAce like this.
  18. Carib Diss

Mar 31, 2024
    The Anx homeworld of Gravlex Med has a wild animal population of Medx Homunculi, who look like tiny non-sentient humans.

Dream-Thinker and MercenaryAce like this.
  19. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    Palpatine canon broadcast of his return was first heard (and only heard) in a Star Wars event on Fortnite.

Check it out here

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    PowBasilisk and darklordoftech like this.
  20. clonegeek

Oct 28, 2022
    I still can't believe the whole film's plot leaked months before it came out

FS26 and PowBasilisk like this.
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I've heard about that, but this is the first time I've actually seen it.

I'm underwhelmed.

PowBasilisk likes this.
  22. Carib Diss

Mar 31, 2024
    People often seem to assume this was intentional, but it was likely just a scene cut late in development for the movie.

the fortnite event was just meant to be a teaser, its importance is over exaggerated even though it is pretty funny that the broadcast that theoretically kick-started the plot was just cut like that.

FS26 and Dream-Thinker like this.
  23. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  24. Darth Vectivus

Darth Vectivus Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 9, 2023
    In Legends/the EU the Clones were the first Stormtroopers, thats the opposite in Disney Canon in where the Stormtroopers were always regular humans trained by Clones in Legends Vader 501 Legion are still full of Jango Fett Clones during the OT

Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura both lost their memory just like Revan in Legends

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  25. Carib Diss

Mar 31, 2024
    Dash Rendar and Guri recreated Dash's dead brother Stanton as a Human Replica Droid

This HRD would start a company promising people immortality by enteching them into droid replicas of their original bodies, using the advanced entechment process the Sii-ruuvi developed by the time of the vong wars.

Naturally Jaina decides that this was immoral(despite being the perfect medical aid for any problem and seemingly having no adverse side effects) because it was "unnatural".

Chrissonofpear2 and MercenaryAce like this.