main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Favourite Obscure Pieces of Lore

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 19, 2022.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    KAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!

2. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    [​IMG]
    No relation?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2024
    Vialco, Sarge and MercenaryAce like this.
  3. Galactic Bibliophile

Galactic Bibliophile Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2021
    Grievous fought with an electrostaff down in the catacombs during the First Battle of Geonosis.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Didn't he have Sifo-Dyas's lightsaber at that point?

Delpheas likes this.
  5. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    I think so but the image of him from Death in the Catacombs saw him holding an electrostaff. Maybe he wasn’t fully acclimated to lightsabers yet or maybe he used both

Vialco likes this.
  6. Darth Vectivus

Darth Vectivus Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2023
    What happened to Mace Windu blue lightsaber in Legends?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2024
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 35X Wacky Wednesday/25x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    He'd borrrowed it from Eeth Koth as part of an exchange "demonstrating mutual trust". Eventually, they exchanged them back - so, that lightsaber was returned to Eeth Koth.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mace_Windu's_blue-bladed_lightsaber

PowBasilisk and Darth Vectivus like this.
  8. GrandMoffTrachta

GrandMoffTrachta Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 11, 2022
    1. There was a Force Demon named Wutzek running around at some point after Yavin. Palpatine largely ignored the war effort and focused months, if not years of effort both between himself and his Byss Mages to defeat the threat. [Edit: Sorry, thought I was on the headcanon thread when I posted this.]
    2. The Rakata designed the first Holocron technology.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2024
    MercenaryAce and darklordoftech like this.
  9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    "Wutzek running around" does qualify as pretty obscure Legends lore, even if Palpatine's response to that can only be conjectured with various headcanons.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    There was a source that revealed that Ben Kenobi and Luke stayed the night in a hotel before looking for a pilot in Mos Eisley. I cannot recall the exact book but I’m thinking it may be the Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

QuinlanSolo and Iron_lord like this.
  11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi, they stay in the town of Bestine on the way to Mos Eisley:

After the last Jawa had been placed on the pyre, the two men loaded the droids onto the landspeeder and drove off, heading east. Glancing up at the darkening sky, Luke said, “I’m afraid we won’t reach Mos Eisley before dark.”

Despite the urgency of their mission to Alderaan, Ben knew that both he and Luke required rest. The day had been extremely draining, mentally as well as physically. And because Imperial forces were now added to the list of perils on Tatooine, he also knew it was even more unwise to travel after sunset. He said, “We can be in Bestine soon enough. We’ll find shelter there for the night.”

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Leaving Bestine early the next morning, Ben, Luke, and the droids proceeded to Mos Eisley.

12. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I do like this addition because I think it gives a chance for Luke to quietly mourn off-screen before we get into the Mos Eisley action. After all, Owen and Beru had raised him his entire life and were essentially his parents.

13. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    I recently just learned that in 1987; Empire Strikes Back was broadcast on TV in America for the first time. For the event, they had a brief “announcement” by James Earl Jones himself as Darth Vader speaking about the broadcast and the glory of the Empire.

Headcanon: Palpatine REALLY wanted an Intergalactic presence and Vader was his mouthpiece; letting another galaxy know that they were out there.

14. Carib Diss

Carib Diss Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 31, 2024
    The star wars gamer article Secrets of Kashyyyk states that the grudge between the Wookiees and Trandoshans originated with Wookiee isolationist policies interfering with planned Trandoshan tourist industries, "Throughout the centuries before the foundation of the Galactic Empire".

15. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    LOL. This could also fit in the “Unintentionally funny Star Wars thread” I started a few months ago :D:p

Loopy777, FS26, QuinlanSolo and 2 others like this.
  16. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    Do you have a link to a recording of it?

PowBasilisk and MercenaryAce like this.
  17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Trandoshan tourist industries!

I don't think I've ever seen that bit before.

18. Carib Diss

Carib Diss Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 31, 2024
  19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Amusing, but also genuinely pretty cool.

Like, I just really like Trandoshans getting anything beyond being a bunch of nut-job hunters* and general bad guys, and their conflict with the Wookiees has any causes beyond just wanting to kill wookiees for the hell of it - or jagganath points. I mean, that can be a part of it, but when it comes to long standing grudges, I do prefer there being periods of relative peace and flair ups where new conflicts of interest become excuses to dig up old grudges.

Similarly, I remember liking the holonet news articles about the trandoshans trying to get their own senate seat rather than have their interests be represented by their enemies, with the negotiations falling apart when the wookiees find out there were some backroom deals between the trandoshans and trade federation to try to get a seat without negotiating with the wookiees. Gave a solid reason for trandoshans to go sepratist and then imperial beyond being a bad species while the wookiees are a good one.

* Though on that note I wonder how much of that Trandoshan tourist industry was based on guided hunting expeditions for rich big game hunters.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
    QuinlanSolo and ColeFardreamer like this.
  20. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021

QuinlanSolo and Sarge like this.
  21. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    :eek::eek::eek:There were 582,797,754 humans named Jax Pavan living on Coruscant in 19 BBY in Legends. This was discovered when someone was hunting for the fugitive Jedi Jax Pavan.

Just for some fun comparison. The population of the United States was roughly 333,000,000 in 2022. That means there are more guys named Jax Pavan on Coruscant than there are people in the US.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2024
  22. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    This also provides a window of opportunity for explaining exactly when Obi-Wan was supposed to have told Luke various things, including the Order of the Terrible Glare, which Luke remembers in the Devilworlds comics. It doesn't explain why he thought Luke would really need to know about that Order, but at least there's a time for when.

23. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    In the Insider short story The Tenebrous Way; Darth Tenebrous speculated that a children born of pure force could hypothetically have a midi-chlorian count of 15,000. This establishes (at least in Legends) that most Jedi and Sith have lower counts than this.

24. Galactic Bibliophile

Nov 24, 2021
    In A Certain Point of View (the 2017 book); Yoda actually had 2 dwellings on Dagobah and went to another when the weather changed like a snowbird heading to Florida. Also apparently, Palpatine did check Dagobah for Yoda as Yoda remarks that the droids that swept by had basically stopped coming around yet he still checked out of habit

This is quite fascinating; as it shows Palpatine really knew where most planets were and only Yoda’s smarts kept him isolated.

25. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Scary bedtime story to distract him from thinking about his parents, obviously :p

SheaHublin and MercenaryAce like this.