main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm really happy with her. They released photos before she came out and I was like "will she really look that good?" She does! She looks amazing. If I can ever get my SW room back in order she'll look great w/ all of the other Queen dolls I have. She definitely is a standout with her quality.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I ordered her and my hot toy Padmé came today

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Mine arrived too!

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Here are the 2 lovely 12" Padme's together!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Happy Sando likes this.
  5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Beautiful!! I can’t wait for my Theed Palace one to arrive

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I had there years ago and GAVE them to a friend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It might be a good time to get back into it. Lol.

I'm assuming you mean the Hasbro versions? Luckily you can get the Amidala for not much online. The AotC Padme goes for a bit more and is harder to find.

So I'm totally broke thanks to being unemployed but I just bought a 12" lot of dolls on ebay that I'm excited about. There are 5 Hasbro figures... one is a Beautiful Braids Padme...I'll decide if I'm going to sell her or not. The other 4 I'll resell. But in the lot is a Sideshow Asajj Ventress figure! I've been wanting one of those forever!

The other figures should sell to pay for the lot. Woohoo! Now if only I can find an Aayla Secura that way. I guess this means once I'm working again I'll need to get the Hot Toys CW Palpatine.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    Findswoman likes this.
  10. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Padme fans there's a new Loungefly coming for the anniversary of TPM
    Buy Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Exclusive 25th Anniversary Queen Amidala Cosplay Mini Backpack at Loungefly.

And a Handmaiden one
    Loungefly Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace Padmé Amidala Handmaiden Mini Backpack — BoxLunch Exclusive | BoxLunch

Padme Mouse Ears
    Star Wars Day - May the 4th Be With You and Imperial March Upcoming Releases and Collections on Disney Store — EXTRA MAGIC MINUTES

I'm gonna need that Sands of Tatooine Loungefly bag for sure. I'm hoping we get a series/collection for the planets like they did a couple years ago.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The Queen Amidala ears are nice!

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm still always on the hunt for custom Padme 12" dolls. I recently found one on Mercari that had the dress was made by my friend Morgan at Stardust Dolls and it was for a good price so I bought it! The custom doll that came with the dress was OK, but I didn't think the hair matched the outfit so I put the new outfit on one of my custom 1/6 scale Padmes and here she is!

Head is a Black Swan Natalie head by Headplay (sadly they seem to no longer be for sale, I love this particular head especially now that I figured out how to easily put wigs on them.) Body is unknown as are the shoes/feet.

I realized as I was looking through my various parts/parts Padmes that I need to pick up some new bodies, a couple that I have have issues w/ getting hands to go into their arm slots. I also need to pick up more shoes/feet.

Anywhoo - here is my newest Padme. Outfit is Blue Nightgown #2 from "Revenge of the Sith." This makes my 3rd Sith 12" scale custom Padme.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For scale comparison - here she is w/ the Hot Toys AOTC Padme.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    Happy Sando likes this.
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Woooooohooooooooo!!!

Courageous leader and Senator of Naboo, the iconic Queen Amidala Limited Edition doll is available soon at #DisneyStore. Pre-order yours from May the 4th

[​IMG]

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    She's not available yet - won't be up until May 4th.

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Ohhhh. We can pre order May 4th. I was thinking pre order now comes out May 4th.

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    So at the moment we have ears, this doll, and the promise of the non-licensed one. Anyone heard of anything else yet?

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I believe there's a maroon velvet handmaiden disguise outfit (take back Theed Palace outfit) ornament coming from Hallmark.

And there are the 3 Pops. Tatooine Padme, Red outfit Amidala on her throne, and a rerelease of the original Queen Amidala but in a comic style that's a Target exclusive (pre-orders are sold out.)

More info on Disney's Amidala and photos

Disney Exclusive Queen Amidala Limited Edition Doll (3,100) - Available 5/4 At 8AM PT

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace, we present this special limited edition Padmé Amidala doll. As Queen of Naboo, she was a courageous, hopeful leader. Her throne room gown was the most impressive attire worn while hosting visiting dignitaries at Theed Royal Palace. The extravagant gown featured sein jewels that illuminated from within and was accessorized with an elaborate headdress. Her traditional royal makeup included a white base, red dots on both cheeks, and a red stripe painted on her lower lip to represent the suffering endured by the Naboo people before the Great Time of Peace. This exquisite collectible doll has been thoughtfully designed and crafted by Lucasfilm artists to ensure every detail is realized with ingenuity and authenticity.

- Limited Edition of 3,100
    - Certificate of Authenticity
    - Queen Amidala dressed in her silken throne room gown with embroidered stripes
    - Tabard features golden embroidered detailing
    - Gown is trimmed in faux fur
    - Decorative jewel accents around hem
    - Molded golden headdress features Jewel of Zenda
    - Rooted, braided hair
    - Makeup includes Scar of Remembrance on lip
    - Molded boots
    - Gown features satin lining
    - Fully poseable
    - Presented in window display packaging
    - Inspired by Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace (1999)
    - Part of the Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace 25th Anniversary Collection

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2024
  19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Nice. Also I found an article that said expect a queue for Disney doll and to sell out in blink of an eye. I am going to stay up Friday night. They say 8am our time but I don’t want to take chances on missing it

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I will be waiting around 7am also.

cathiecat likes this.
  21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    My sister-in-law asked me how many different dolls I need of one outfit? I said All of them!! Duh!

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I mean there have been THREE now ever made with this outfit. How many Lukes have there been? Or Darth Vaders? Or Han Solo?

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Exactly

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The Sad history of 12" Scale Padme dolls/figures:

1999 was the best year of her life.

We got 4 play line hidden queen dolls:

Sabe Handmaiden
    Red Throne Gown Amidala
    Padme in disguise orange flame
    Tatooine Beautiful Braids Padme.

Portrait series:

Sabe Black Decoy
    Amidala Red Senate Plea
    Amidala Purple Return to Naboo
    FAO Exclusive 2 pack "Take back Theed" with Qui-Gon Jinn (This set is still my favorite of all of them.)

12" Attack of the Clones White Jumpsuit Padme (doll had non hair plastic blobs attached to back of head.) She was also so pale that in order for me to customize one of her I needed to use a Mattel Twilight dolls body.

Crickets.
    Nothing for Revenge of the Sith. (I do love the Bariss Offee and Shak Ti dolls that they released, but having no Padme at all was BAD.)

Sideshow - Fan favorite snowbunny Clone Wars live action style doll.
    Doll was a colossal failure, not because it was Padme, but because the production doll had terrifying beady eyes and scary painted eyebrows. Doll was also bald under her head cap. Body was very jointed so she had a very awkward appearance in the jumpsuit.

Forces of Destiny - Naboo Pilot disguise Padme doll
    YAY new Padme! Outfit was kinda boring, but it was new and it wasn't the white one so yay!

Cancelled Padme 2 pack - had her wearing the white jumpsuit and you could put on the maroon velvet handmaiden outfit over it. Never made it to production, only a few samples have ever seen the light of day.

PlayToys - Queen Amidala Throne Room gown
    Doll is not officially licensed but is great quality.

Hot Toys Attack of the Clones 20th anniversary line - White Jumpsuit - Amazing figure. Boring costume - but perfect figure.

Disney Store Queen Amidala Throne Room Doll for May the 4th

Announced - Play Toys AOTC Purple Senate/ Anakin Reunion outfit figure.

I can see why people would go "Eh what are you complaining about that's a lot of Padme dolls."
    Technically it's 13 - 2 are Sabe.

The problem is that Padme had an ENORMOUS wardrobe. There are only 12 unique outfits w/ a couple of repeats. We have NOTHING from "Revenge of the Sith" and only 1 licensed outfit from Clones. I'm delighted that the purple outfit is coming from Play Toys. I hope they keep going and make more and more of her because we NEED more Padme's to go with the many different versions of Anakin that are out there. We deserve a whole army of stunning Padme dolls in each of her outfits, not just the couple that people think of as iconic for her.

cathiecat likes this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    To fill holes I've had to fork out a lot of money over the years to create custom Padme figures and have custom outfits made for her. Collectors really shouldn't have to do that for merchandise for a main character in the franchise.

cathiecat likes this.