main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Fennec Shand (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Nov 22, 2020.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Correct.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I don't buy it. I think she would've taken the opportunity to leave and not be anywhere near Boba in the event that that information got to him.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  3. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    If that were the case, it seems likely that she would still be working for them. Maybe she expresses regret, but "people like us don't get to decide when we're finished".

3sm1r likes this.
  4. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    She is touched by his words, and she feels guilty for what she has done, hence she decides to help him to feel a bit better with herself.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    Bor Mullet and Riv_Shiel like this.
  5. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I'm unconvinced. A group of Niktos is "unlikely" to have killed an entire tribe of Tuskens, but Fennec, just by herself, is likely? Well, we'll see.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  6. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    A galacticly recognized master assassin versus a handful of small town street thugs? Why not?

Jolee Bindo, Bor Mullet and 3sm1r like this.
  7. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    That's where Bossk (and co.) could come in I suppose, if he were to appear.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    In the very discussion where he tells of the death of his adopted family Boba makes sure we all know she is "Master Assassin" Fennec Shand. A master assassin could pick apart a camp without even entering it. And is certainly more capable than a small group of drunks who basically rob convenience stores.

9. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Pfff Fennec could eat those Tusken for breakfast, and still have a bit of appetite left.

10. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I’m happy to be wrong. But the dead Tuskens don’t look like they were all picked off one-by-one by a single person using a sniper rifle.

The Regular Mustache and Sarge like this.
  11. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    How long have you been with the Guild ?
    Long enough.
    Clearly not. Fennec Shand is an elite mercenary. She made her name killing for all the top crime syndicates, including the Hutts. If you go after her, you won't make it past sunrise.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    You may be kidding, but there’s a tiny itty bitty difference between Fennec having killed a bunch of Boba’s friends before she met him (and before he saved her life) and her betraying him after they’ve met and been working hand in glove together (and after he saved her life) … ;)

The former, if it happens, actually has a lot of setup and would make sense. She was doing a job and she didn’t know him yet. The latter would just be dumb.
    Maybe she did, and then the bikers came through later to take the credit…
    I think she may have realized that she killed Boba’s family before she takes the job. When he tells her about them taking him in, and then he tells her that he got them all killed. That might be partly why she joins him. To atone.
    That’s part of what would make it really interesting character depth for her. Instead of fleeing, her guilt leads her to try to atone. But she still doesn’t have the guts (ha!) to tell him. So she takes this middle route of helping him, but keeping quiet about what she did. That would be some very good writing. And the best “twist” in Star Wars since Luke’s parentage reveal.

Think of it this way, too. What is the purpose of this oddly disjointed flashback-present day narrative construct, with the bit-by-bit reveal of different criminal factions? What purpose does it serve? Wouldn’t, as many fans have been saying, a more linear narrative have made more sense? Re: criminal entity reveals, we first get the Niktos, then the Mayor, then the Hutts, then the Pykes, and then…Fennec. And why wait until the fourth episode to show his meeting with Fennec? This whole bizzarre way to tell the story has a very good reason behind it. Otherwise I’d say that Favreau had just gone nuts!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    wobbits and The Regular Mustache like this.
  13. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Imagine if TBOBF ends a bit like this...

14. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    This discussion reminds me the one with the Tuskens destiny, when you were certain that they were not going to be massacred... Again you will be disappointed

15. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    Whoa, you can't say Fredo, Danny. Cuomo number 2 guy says it's as bad as the worst word ever.

DannyD likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Again, you have no better information than anyone else and so are…guessing, like…everyone else. ;)

17. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    Of course. I wouldn't want to put my right arm on the line in predictions.;)

Grey Matter and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Bringing this here to say I agree. I still have issues with how this speculative twist would retrospectively make sense, and hadn't seen any consideration for what would happen afterward.

19. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    No character was given any depth so far, other than Fennec and Boba. Therefore, a drama between the two seems to be the most satisfactory narrative direction to take. Who cares about the Pykes? They barely received any attention in 4 episodes.

wobbits and Sarge like this.
  20. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    Who cares about the Pykes? They're a giant (maybe even most powerful in-verse by this time, depending on what the deal with Crimson Dawn is) multi-world drug cartel with about a billion times more resources and dudes than Boba has.

I care plenty about the Pykes. Lots of narrative stuff you can get into there as far as a confrontation. You don't need to start some grudge match to the death between Boba & Fennec because she took a kill-a-lot-of-tuskens gig. It's a waste of a good secondary-lead protagonist, anyway.

21. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    And yet we got absolutely nothing so far of this narrative stuff.
    In Solo, it's clear that the villain is Dryden, because they actually showed him on screen. They didn't just rely on the viewers' knowledge that Crimson Dawn is very powerful.

wobbits, Riv_Shiel and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It doesn't have to be a grudge match in the least. It could provoke all of this abrupt change in Fennec's outlook if she was/is led to atonement of sorts and it can also lead to Boba finding out how forgiving he truly is, while also being the final line in the sand of his belief that bounty hunters need to stop taking money from horrible people who don't care at all about who they aim at.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    How would it retroactively not make sense? All the pieces fit, and nothing contradicts the theory.

24. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    If they're gonna go with a big confrontation between Boba and Fennec, I think they still need some setup. I haven't been feeling the chemistry between them yet. The Tusken angle is setup well enough on Boba's side, but Fennec needs some work.

3sm1r likes this.
  25. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Fennec haven't been doing as mutch in Mandalorian and Bad Batch.