main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga First Festival of Lights

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    A Fete Week Fic! This one is the Festival of Life one since it is the only one that resembles Christmas with gift giving.

Hazel
    Jade_eyes
    Briannakin
    AzureAngel2

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There was a frenzied atmosphere in the decent sized house. The adults were moving around the main room. Stepping carefully to avoid not only wrapped presents but open carrying bags.

The bags were being packed, unpacked only to be repacked. Everything had to fit for their trip to Coruscant which included clothes for the Festival of Life, supplies, a few necessities and the presents for the end of the week.

One of the female adults gasped as she noticed that there was a gift that wasn’t wrapped: a tooka doll.

Quickly she picked up some colorful wrapping flimsiplast and made room on the table by the sofa.

“Grandma, What are you doing?” one of the children asked.

“We forgot this present.” She responded to one of her granddaughters. “It’s very important that every child have something to hold close.

“Will she like it?” The girl asked.

“I believe that she will.” The grandmother answered

Finally the tooka doll was wrapped and placed in a bag with another present and clothes.

“I hope we are not forgetting anything.” The grandmother said as she surveyed the room.

“She has enough presents that if one or two are missing they won’t be missed.” Her husband reasoned gently.

Finally it was time to leave for the spaceport to catch their transport to Fonder. Once there they would be taken to Coruscant.

xxxxx

It had been a busy week and soon it was the night before the gifts were to be opened.

A few holo books were retrieved from different places.

The family was soon reading the different stories to each other.

They laughed at the silliness of Rina when she tried to catch stars to decorate her home with.

They smiled when that grumpy and mean Kadarya tried to steal the Festival of Lights only to find out that she could steal the presents and everything else but she couldn’t steal the love that the Neus had for each other let alone the true meaning of the Festival of Lights.

They then swapped stories of Festival of Lights that they had.

Soon the youngest three were yawning and curling up against their parents an indication that they were ready for bed.

They were carried to their cribs and lovingly placed inside.

Tomorrow was the day that the gifts were to be opened.

xxxxx

The adults sat on the floor helping the youngest children open their gifts. Two of them needed some help while one was managing fairly well.

Finally the older one of the youngest shrieked in delight.

“Dada!” she cried as she raced to his side; holding a tooka doll in her arms.

Her father smiled warmly.

“Does she have a name?” he asked his daughter.

“Paka!” she announced.

“I thought that she might like a doll.” Her grandmother commented.

“Thank you. All she has are a few baby toys and a few models of some ships.” Her father said.

“And I have read that playing with dolls help children hone parenting skills that they will need later on in life.”

The adults laughed.

They all hoped that this wouldn’t be the last Festival of Lights that they would have together.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is from my ‘Dark Angel’ verse. I purposely left out names since I don’t want to spoil some things.

This is one reason why it’s not in DAC.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A lovely piece fitting for Christmas

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :) Nice family moments and thanks for the tag.

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A very sweet holiday fic. :* [:D] @};-

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    O:)Wonderful Christmas update! @};-

6. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Very lovely and sweet! [face_love]