main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For those who are familiar with it, what do you think of the fanscript of "Fall of the Republic"?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthStarkiller144, Nov 25, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthStarkiller144

DarthStarkiller144 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2023
    For those who don't know its a fanscript of Revenge of the Sith (before it was Revenge of the Sith) written in the 80s by John L. Flynn about Obi-Wan and Anakin when they were young, alongside the Rise of the Empire fall of the Jedi and etc.
    [​IMG]

Golbolco and Biel Ductavis like this.
  2. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Found it really fascinating, when I first read it on the Internet back in the late 90s/early 2000s. Just some planet names like Sigma Vulcanus don't really fit with the tone of Star Wars imho.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia G22 mit Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
  3. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    I have never heard of this… going to have to hunt down a pdf, I guess!

4. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I remember this. He wrote an article in a magazine that fleshed out what he thought could be episode 1, 2 and 3.

episode one was called The Clone Wars. Palpatine was a Richard Nixon type, Obi-wan was a clone (OB-1) and Anakin’s love interest was Arcadia or Lady Arkady. He used the planet Aquilae too which I think was one Lucas may have originally come up with. Episode 2 was The Seduction of Darth Vader. Anakin falls into the lava after fighting Obi-wan in this one and is resurrected as darth vader by the Emperor and the Kaiberr crystal. By this one (Ep 3) Luke and Leia were born and Obi-wan and Yoda were on a mission or something to rescue them and their mother from the imperial palace (emperor and Vader).

but I read that in like 1995. Interesting concepts though.

5. DarthStarkiller144

Apr 14, 2023
    The name Arcadia or Arkady is a name I heard a lot in relation to the Pre-PT Padme. Yeah Palps as a Nixon type was always there alongside the obvious historical parallels, and I love he used the iconic OB-1 lol

6. DarthStarkiller144

Apr 14, 2023
    Golbolco likes this.
  7. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    The capital of the Republic was called Jhantor, not Aquilae, in his script.

Flynn used Aquilae in the article, in which he speculated about what would happen during the prequels.

Wonder why he changed some of the names he used.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia G22 mit Tapatalk

8. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    thanks. I was going by what I remembered I read years ago. It would be a great what if infinities comic though.

Biel Ductavis likes this.
  9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I'm going to lock this thread now, as this isn't the place for this conversation. We're here in Fan Fic to talk about fan fiction, yes, but we do not allow individual threads in Resource for specific authors and stories - let alone for a work that has nothing to do with the fan fiction on this site.

devilinthedetails likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.