main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force FX Lightsabers...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by razzy1319, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Recently bought one these and was wondering if anyone knows how to put it on its display stand... tnx

2. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Indeed. Force FX lightsabers.

3. razzy1319

Jun 27, 2004
    sorry bout that... accidentally pressed the enter button

4. JEDI-MASTER28

JEDI-MASTER28 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    Do some come with blades and other don't? In SW Insider, I saw an Obi-Wan saber that didn't have a blade. What's up with those?

5. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Force FX Lightsabers come with blades. The Obi saber you are refering to is a "limited edition" meaning its more accurate but more importantly more expensive. Without the blade though it is also less fun :D

Don't expect to see an Ep III/IV Obi FX lightsaber as apparently the thin neck of the hilt makes adding a blade impossible.

6. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Didn't stop them with Luke's RotJ lightsaber, although the neck seems a little too big.

7. weezer

May 16, 2001
    True, one of my friends wrote MR about an Obi Force FX and that was the reason he was given. Maybe they decided they didn't like the idea of making that part thicker. Maybe they just told him something to get him to stop writting.

8. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I was thinking of buying one of these but the $120 price tag kind of scarred me away....just not sure it is worth it.

What do you all think of this product? Are you happy with it?

9. razzy1319

Jun 27, 2004
    got for a slightly lower price so im happy. more importantly my nephew is happy.

10. RevenJardo

RevenJardo Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    Ummm, well please do get the info right on such topics. There is going to be an Obiwan fx this year as far as we know, the neck is not a really big problem since they had the same thing in ROTJ Luke saber and that turned out fine. Anyways there is an Obiwan ROTS force fx saber beening talked about, developed for 3Q relese, as far as we know, it may be announced at C3. Several retailers already have the facts of the saber, and a (coming soon) pic. And second on the neck thing, park sabers and other (lighttech) have been making very small neck blades, you just need to make an converter, that contects the parts above and below the neck. Two I have made Obiwan ANH El/Led sabers, they are not hard or impossible to do.

11. RevenJardo

Apr 7, 2005
    MR 2005 Lineup

Force FX Lightsabers

Anakin Skywalker FX Lightsaber Ep. III (Second Quarter 2005)
    Darth Vader FX Lightsaber Ep. V (Second Quarter 2005)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi FX Lightsaber Ep. III (Third Quarter 2005)
    Darth Vader FX Lightsaber Ep.III (Third Quarter 2005)

Mini Lightsabers

Anakin Skywalker Ep III (Second Quarter 2005)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi Ep. III (Second Quarter 2005) Yoda Ep. III (Second/Third Quarter 2005)
    Darth Sidious Ep. III (Third Quarter 2005)
    Count Dooku Ep.III (Third Quarter 2005)
    Darth Vader Ep. III (Fourth Quarter 2005)

Limited Editions

Rebel Troop Blaster (First Quarter 2005)
    Han Solo Blaster Ep. V (First Quarter 2005)
    Yoda Lightsaber Ep. III (Second Quarter 2005)
    Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber Ep III (Second Quarter 2005)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber Ep. III (Second Quarter 2005)
    Darth Sidious Lightsaber Ep. III (Third Quarter 2005)
    Stormtrooper Blaster Ep. V (Third Quarter 2005)
    Darth Vader Lightsaber Ep. III (Fourth Quarter 2005)

Studio Scale Series

Snowspeeder Ep. V (First Quarter 2005)
    Imperial AT-AT 2nd Edition Ep. V (Second Quarter 2005)
    Darth Vader Helmet Ep. III (Fourth Quarter 2005)

Helmet Series

Special Ops Troop Helmet Ep. III (Retailer Exclusive! Second Quarter 2005)
    Clone Trooper Helmet Ep. III (Third Quarter 2005)

12. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Well cool.

Like I said that was just what a friend had said that MR had told him. He'll be happy to hear that. Do you have a link?

13. DruDaJedi

DruDaJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    to answer your question, you simply put the two plastic tabs into the stand, one of them being the wide one and one of them being the smaller one. I put the saber on the stand so that the saber sits in the stand with the wide end holding it right at the On/off switch, and the blade resting on the smaller plastic piece. This balances the blade so it sits evenly.

To anyone who is wondering whether or not to get one of these......IT IS MY FAVORITE STAR WARS TOY EVER.

I think that about sums it up.

14. jurassickrunk

jurassickrunk Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2005
    A bit of info on the Force FX, I just picked one up from GameStop for $99+tax. They had 3 each of Vader EPV & Anakin EPIII.

I had an order in at the Master Replicas website for over 2 months for the Vader and it was showing backordered. Plus the MR site was selling them for $119+tax plus $20 shipping!! So I just saved $40 and got my saber.

And they are cool!!

15. RevenJardo

Apr 7, 2005
    "And they are cool!!"

Thanks that is so helpful ;)\

Here is a retailer listing all new and old proudcts for the most part, the Obiwan force fx is at the end of the list.

http://www.koenigscollectibles.com/mr.htm

16. razzy1319

Jun 27, 2004
    IS there any word on more stylized hilts like dooku's or sidious or mace (coming back)... the anakin hilt is kinda hard to hold...dying to get something other than blue

17. RevenJardo

Apr 7, 2005
    As I have said before those all maybe in the wings for 06, but they are not in the 05 plan.

18. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I have my Luke FX, and it's one of my favorite SW items.

19. Soothsayer

Sep 20, 1999
    Is there a link to a video of these in action. I am honestly surprised the MR.com deoes not have one

I could have sworn I saw one back in the day.

20. RevenJardo

Apr 7, 2005
    There are a couple of vids and pic here

http://www.firebox.com/?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=995

21. Soothsayer

Sep 20, 1999
    Wow those are some awesome vids.

I assume those are not of the new ones that are in the retail now, but they prb work the same.

The question now is do I want a red one of the blue. I love that color blue so much, but on the other hand Vaders has the hum....how awesome is that...and it is Vader.

What sold you all on a particular one?

22. weezer

May 16, 2001
    That was an impressive video. Might of just sold me on one for future purchase.

Technical question: What is the diffrence between a Parks saber and the Force FX? Is it basicaly the same technology behind the two?

23. DruDaJedi

DruDaJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    well i work for best buy, and i had to buy my second force fx in 3 days....basically i get a discount on these things that makes the price of 2 = the price of 1 retail. So i got blue and red.

I LOVE THESE THINGS.

nuff said...

24. RevenJardo

Apr 7, 2005
    Well weezer they are really differnt. First and formost, the price, parks are about 100 bucks more, but better to duel with and the blade comes off, and has a better hilt. (I have 4 or 5, that is what got me building El/Led saber." The parks doesn't have sound and are el color so they don't look as real as the other fx sabers, it's a solid color,it doesn't have the white in it. There is a lot of differnt kindas, even double bladed. Average cost is about 280 to 350 bucks double blades is 450

The Fx is power by Led light's in it's blades so it's brighter, but the blades doesn't come off unless you change the thing around a bit, I can tell you how to do that if you need, you can make the blade detachable for about 15 bucks,you just need a couple pieces from radio shack. And of course the Hilts of the force fx are from the flims and have sound and cost around about 129 buck to 99 bucks.

25. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I love my blue Luke ESB saber. As to what sold me on it, I got mine at a lower price with free shipping from an authorized MR dealer on eBay. And why did I get that one? Luke's saber is what got me interested in Star Wars to begin with. Enough said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.